Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. (8684 Views)

What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? / How To Post Links On Nland / Most Mysterious Girl On Nland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 6:39am On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Not really... I'm About embarking on a journey,that's y I'm awake now.
oh..

Safe journey dear....

May d good Lord guide and protect you on your way.

May he watch over his words in Psalm 121:8 which says that "The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore" to perform it in your life in Jesus Name.

Amen.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
oh..

Safe journey dear....

May d good Lord guide and protect you on your way.

May he watch over his words in Psalm 121:8 which says that "The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore" to perform it in your life in Jesus Name.

Amen.
Amen!!! Tnx bro. Really nice of u.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Amen!!! Tnx bro. Really nice of u.
Tnx bro

Auto-bro-zoningundecided

I don't suffersadsad

cheesycheesycheesy

You r wlkm.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
Tnx bro

Auto-bro-zoningundecided

I don't suffersadsad

cheesycheesycheesy

You r wlkm.
Lol .. What should I call u then...I dunno your name...or should I go with dear or talleyst.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Lol .. What should I call u then...I dunno your name...or should I go with dear or talleyst.
Tallesty is cool wink
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
Tallesty is cool wink
Ok Tallesty. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks Tallesty1......I really need to remember all this grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Not really... I'm About embarking on a journey,that's y I'm awake now.
Are you a witch? Goin for a meeting dt early
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
fabiano09:

Are you a witch? Goin for a meeting dt early
Lol I'm not. I woke up early to prepare myself for the journey by 5:30am. I hope that has answered ur question.

**Witch ko, Wizard ni**
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Lol I'm not. I woke up early to prepare myself for the journey by 5:30am. I hope that has answered ur question.

**Witch ko, Wizard ni**
uhmmm not satisfied,heard witches normally go for dia meetings exactly dt time you stated,dont b ashamed,so long u dont kill pple or a bad witch,or a typical WINCH lol
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
I will keep my eyes on you.
Krystalxxx:
Thanks Tallesty1......I really need to remember all this grin
To make sure you don't 4get.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
I will keep my eyes on you.To make sure you don't 4get.

Lol okay , but of course I won't
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2014
fabiano09:

uhmmm not satisfied,heard witches normally go for dia meetings exactly dt time you stated,dont b ashamed,so long u dont kill pple or a bad witch,or a typical WINCH lol
Very funny
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Omoluabi16(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
Sometimes I see people attacking each other on Nland I'd wonder why on earth would some spend good time online firing shots at a person you don't even know?

When a negative comment pops up or an attacker fires at you on Nland.

There is always an instantaneous urge to fire back but the right thing to do is to hold yourself and not sink to the attackers level.

I can remember the first time I was attacked here. I gave my opinion on a question one lady asked and the first mention I got was "YOU ARE FOOL

I wanted to fire back immediately but then I remembered that some people are really going through hard times these days. Yea......They come online full of frustration, anger, and disappointment, etc. As all these pile up, they'd need a place to dump them, so I told myself that I am not and cannot be their dump site. Maybe he would have said more if I had replied.

Here Are Few Things You Should Do To Keep Your Cool When Attacked.

1: Don't react immediately.Take a moment to gather your thoughts before saying or doing anything, no matter how much the comment may have stung. If you know you have a bad temper, or are prone to angry outburst then close the tab immediately and think about what was said.

2: Ask a question rather than making a statement. This is really important. Try and find out why he/she is attacking you Instead of firing back. It could be a result of misconception of your standpoint. Remember not everyone here is an adult.

3: Be gentle. No matter what the response is from that person who's going off on you, you must maintain your cool. In the end, if you are kindly and gentle in your response to that person, s/he is the one who will end up looking bad to others. A lady once fired a shot at me. She said "You are an ediot" I told her that I know cause some already told me. No matter what kind of person you're dealing with, the only thing you need to worry about is what kind of person you are. Remember you have followers that see you as a responsible person.

4: Don’t freak out. Suspend judgment. Don’t take what has been said personally. Resist the urge to react right away
Instead, take a deep breath, scroll up and read the Op and your comment once again. Maybe you made a mistake somewhere and the person(due to lack of manners) is correcting you in a terrible way. If the comment is ok then let it slide. If there is an error then correct it and move on

Sometimes the best thing one can say is to say Nothing at all.

These are the few things that help me.

If you know of any that isn't listed here please add it let's learn.
respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Week 10 Uk Pool Banker / How Harsh Is The Harmattan Weather In Your State? / Do You Have A US Bank Account Or Credit Card For Loading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.