Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Your Top Beauty Questions Answered - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Top Beauty Questions Answered (7608 Views)

Bukky Wright's Top Beauty Secret / Part 1: Major Make Up Questions Answered By Islamiyyah / Your Problem Has Been Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by sexyLeamon(f): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2008
this thread is for everyone to ask questions. am sure the people here will try to answer your questions.
ask any question from make up, skin care, hair, fitness to fashion. everybody is invited, whether you have question or
you just want to contribute.

free beauty tips and advice

Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Sissy3(f): 8:42am On May 09, 2009
why hasn't anyone asked and answered yet undecided undecided

abi una no get BQs again

ok now . . . lemme ask mines, someone berra ans me oo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by sexyLeamon(f): 4:07am On May 20, 2009
ok I will ask you

I want to colour my hair, which colour do you think looks better on a black girls apart from black?
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by cuteness01: 5:00pm On May 20, 2009
u can add highlights of wine colour,,,looks good on black gals,
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 6:28pm On May 20, 2009
sexyLeamon:

ok I will ask you

I want to colour my hair, which colour do you think looks better on a black girls apart from black?

Reddish, Bronze or Gold
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 6:30pm On May 20, 2009
How often should U wash your natural hair??
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mohawkchic(f): 7:05pm On May 20, 2009
sexyLeamon:

ok I will ask you

~There are different shades/Tones of dark Complexion. . which are you?

~Here are a couple of pointers/Questions to ponder on before colouring your hair!

~Is Your hair strong enough to take the stress of another chemical process?! Assuming your hair is already relaxed. . .Colouring dries out your hair and if you've already have processed hair, then your hair will need special care to keep it hydrated!

~You'll definately need to use special shampoos and conditioners, which are designed especially for colour treated hair. . . .

~It's less damaging colouring your hair from black to another dark shade than to a ligther shade!

~Your hair colour never comes out exactly as it would on the box sample . . unless you pre-lighten or bleach your hair to get a lighter shade,{eg Bronze/Gold/Blonde}your natural  hair colour mixed w/ the hair colour you choose will be the result!

~Go for ammonia-free colouring products. . .less damage to your hair!

~Do you [i] Still [/i]want to Colour your hair? grin
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 20, 2009
SeanT21:

How often should U wash your natural hair??

When I am natural every three days!
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 8:37pm On May 20, 2009
michelin89:

When I am natural every three days!

WHAT Thats 2 much!!
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 20, 2009
SeanT21:

WHAT Thats 2 much!!

shocked shocked for real?
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 9:21pm On May 20, 2009
michelin89:

shocked shocked for real?

YES.Every 3 days is 2 much. I will loose half of my hair.I only washed my hair when perming.The last tyme I permed where months ago.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mohawkchic(f): 1:47am On May 21, 2009
SeanT21:

YES.Every 3 days is 2 much. I will loose half of my hair.I only washed my hair when perming.The last tyme I permed where months ago.

~ shocked You Dont Say!! Jeez Girl Puhleazee "Ah Baking You" . . give that hair a wash ASAP!! grin Do You "Dry-Wash" at Least? ie When you Use a Small bath towel,Wet  w/ Lukewarm water & Wipe hair ~Scalp . . . . .Use Leave-In-Condtioner? undecided

~First off,one's hair type,How prone one's hair is to Drying or Becoming Oily & use of Products determines how often it can be washed . . . .If you want to go by the experts. . .  for people like me i wash it every day to every other day when am Natural . . . my Choice! The longest i can go w/o washing my hair is two weeks . . . Even thats a strecth for me,that is if i have Braids/Extensions on . . .after that i feel like i got the Itch cheesy I just have to wash my hair!

~It is Very important to wash your hair regularly not just inbetween perms!! You need to wash out the Dirt & build up. . .  Dead skin cells ~ Oils produced by Skin Glands & any other substances you put in your hair such as hair Lotion~Gel ~hairspray

"For dry hair you should wash it only a couple of times a week to help produce natural oils. For very oily hair you should wash everyday to every other day. If you do choose to wash your hair daily, make sure that you are using a pH-balanced shampoo and only wash it once. If you wash it more than once a day, you will be removing too much of the natural oil found in hair."
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 2:51am On May 21, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ shocked You Dont Say!! Jeez Girl Puhleazee "Ah Baking You" . . give that hair a wash ASAP!! grin Do You "Dry-Wash" at Least? ie When you Use a Small bath towel,Wet w/ Lukewarm water & Wipe hair ~Scalp . . . . .Use Leave-In-Condtioner? undecided

~First off,one's hair type,How prone one's hair is to Drying or Becoming Oily & use of Products determines how often it can be washed . . . .If you want to go by the experts. . . for people like me i wash it every day to every other day when am Natural . . . my Choice! The longest i can go w/o washing my hair is two weeks . . . Even thats a strecth for me,that is if i have Braids/Extensions on . . .after that i feel like i got the Itch cheesy I just have to wash my hair!

~It is Very important to wash your hair regularly not just inbetween perms!! You need to wash out the Dirt & build up. . . Dead skin cells ~ Oils produced by Skin Glands & any other substances you put in your hair such as hair Lotion~Gel ~hairspray

"For dry hair you should wash it only a couple of times a week to help produce natural oils. For very oily hair you should wash everyday to every other day. If you do choose to wash your hair daily, make sure that you are using a pH-balanced shampoo and only wash it once. If you wash it more than once a day, you will be removing too much of the natural oil found in hair."

ROTFLMAO cheesy

Well MC, Ur hair is shorter that mine. My hair is full, heavy set,etc. Its hard to even fix it sometimes.If I wash my hair everyday it will become crispy and rough. That why I only perm my hair at the saloon.The Africa's Best perm from Wal Mart don't even do nothing for my hair. This is the first time hearing that one needs to wash their hair almost everyweek. That's a lot of work. I don't think I can get used to that.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mohawkchic(f): 3:38am On May 21, 2009
~ grin Ah making You Laff Huh? tongue

~Oh ! I see @ Your hair Type! You got Very Coarse hair . . . I wasnt trying to suggest you wash your hair everyday but at least try to wash it a couple of times inbetween Perms . .or at most do the "Dry Wash" Some white White folks put Baby Powder on their hair to suck out the oilyness,avoid washing . . . cheesy

~Your hair needs the moisture. .from washing better still,~You Shud ask Your stylist next time you get it permed how long before you wash it

~Even when my hair is long i pretty much do the same routine as i wud when its short . . .but i understand your hair woes . .must be tough!Am sure it will be a relief when you finally get the "Eva" Cut . .

~You've left me thinking . . . .I really Need to apprecaite my hair!! I seem to have done just about everything that Shud/Wud have stopped my hair form growing or at worst me going bald permanently but it still grows long ~Healthy ~Fine . . . . Lost count how many times i've shaved it all off/Coloured/Bleached w/o blinking or thinking "What If!!" . . . cry

Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 4:10am On May 21, 2009
Yes, I will take your advice n wash it every month. When I was little comb used to break in my hair.My hair is thick as hell.That's why I cant wait to get that "EVA" cut.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by sexyLeamon(f): 4:23am On May 21, 2009
SeanT21:

Reddish, Bronze or Gold
thanks

cuteness01:

u can add highlights of wine colour,,,looks good on black gals,
thank you

mohawkchic:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode
~Do you [i] Still [/i]want to Colour your hair? grin [/font]

still want to girl
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Riskie(f): 9:13am On May 21, 2009
@ Sean washing once a month is not enough especially if you put products like oils and moisturizers in your hair regularly. Wash AT LEAST once a week for healthy hair and scalp. It sounds a bit much but with the right shampoo and conditioner you're hair will be more manageable. I personally only shampoo my hair once a month but I cowash every day because I workout 6 days a week.

I use Creme of Nature shampoo because it has no sodium lauryl sulfate and so does not dry out the hair. And for daily washing use any cheap conditioner you can find. Then moisturize with a water based moisturizer and seal with any oil. Your hair will become softer and more manageable I promise lol. wink

Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by SeanT21(f): 4:43am On May 22, 2009
Riskie:

@ Sean washing once a month is not enough especially if you put products like oils and moisturizers in your hair regularly. Wash AT LEAST once a week for healthy hair and scalp. It sounds a bit much but with the right shampoo and conditioner you're hair will be more manageable. I personally only shampoo my hair once a month but I cowash every day because I workout 6 days a week.

I use Creme of Nature shampoo because it has no sodium lauryl sulfate and so does not dry out the hair. And for daily washing use any cheap conditioner you can find. Then moisturize with a water based moisturizer and seal with any oil. Your hair will become softer and more manageable I promise lol. wink

Thanks for the advice. wink I will definitely try 2!!
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Sissy3(f): 8:12pm On May 22, 2009
for those that do braids, do you shampoo your braids?
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by slimfine(f): 6:22am On Jun 13, 2009
@SISSY: YES if I use human hair. if not, the synthetic hair tangles and I really cannot handle that.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mitchyy(f): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
I dont know the right skin product to use to improve my dark skin.
My skin is just a little bit dry and not so soft.Just need a cream to soften it and make it glow.
Not a lightening cream please.and not extremely expensive.
Plz babes help!
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mamagee3(f): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2009
How do I make my skin color lighter? tongue
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by madlady(f): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
I am toying with the idea of chemically straightening my hair.  undecided
Fed-up of using the tongs on a Sunday night and my hair looking like I have just put my finger in the electric socket by Wednesday.
Does anyone chemically straighten, if yes what products do you use, does it make your hair fall out and finally how long does last before you need to do it again.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Sissy3(f): 9:32am On Nov 25, 2009
madlady:

I am toying with the idea of chemically straightening my hair.  undecided
Fed-up of using the tongs on a Sunday night and my hair looking like I have just put my finger in the electric socket by Wednesday.
Does anyone chemically straighten, if yes what products do you use, does it make your hair fall out and finally how long does last before you need to do it again.

am guessing you mean relaxers. since you havent relaxed for ---------- yrs or months, i think it would be safer for you to go a salon to get it done that doing it at home. mizane or affirms relaxers are really good. tried them. loved them. [size=4pt]thnks Karma[/size]. designer essentials are also good. normally, some people retouch every 3 months, while others every 6months or 1 once a yr, i guess it sorta depends on you and your level of comfort with your hair. as for cutting of hair, that also depends on the hair texture, relaxer and the person doing it. if not done properly or instructions are not followed properly it could happen. it doesnt cut my hair though
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Sissy3(f): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

How do I make my skin color lighter? tongue

i heard charcoal really work well. those who have used it says its like magic! shocked

why dont you try it and come give your own testimony tongue
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by madlady(f): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2009
smiley

@Sissy, Oh is that what the treatment's called "relaxer". I have never had it done before. Just tong it myself. I am finding that the heat and temp change makes my hair bushy and it takes too long to tame. I have been told by a few saloon owners that they are not sure my hair can take the products they use. I know my type of hair can be done because I have a relative in the US who does it all the time.

Thanks for the advice and recommendations, I will check out those brands.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mitchyy(f): 10:37am On Nov 25, 2009
Plz babes help me out!
Dont know the right cream to use to make my dark skin glow.
Any recommendations plz?
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
mitchyy:

Plz babes help me out!
Dont know the right cream to use to make my dark skin glow.
Any recommendations plz?
everone have different skin types, different things work for different people
but I used nivea smooth and am loving it. skin success is also good, my sister is
using it, and her skin is so radiant and luminous.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by mitchyy(f): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2009
Thanks roki.
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2010
anytime wink
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by Sissy3(f): 3:59am On Mar 15, 2010
madlady

how did it workout? did you go ahead with it?
Re: Your Top Beauty Questions Answered by palebobe(f): 6:56am On Mar 17, 2010
Hi ladies, am having a slgght problem. I just started using TARA compreesed powder and i must admit, its gd. D only snag i ave abt it is dat, afta 2hrs, ur face becomes so oily. Does any1 have any idea of wat to do to remedy dis situation. Tnx a mill

(1) (2) (Reply)

Damiete Granville For Miss World 2012 / Strictly For Sneakers Lovers... Come In!! / Best Market For First Grade Gbogbo(okrika) In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.