Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) (1470 Views)

Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / What Are The Requirements For Starting A Newspaper / NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by Venerable612(m): 6:07am On Oct 06, 2014
Newspaper vendor is one of d Most annoyin business this days!

*People Just wait!

*Looks @ the Headline

*Starts funny arguments in d front of ur shop (aro Monday)

*some can even pick it up..and flip tru all d pages (k'ilo tun fe ra?)

and then they drop it and walk away.

Seriusly hw do they(Vendors) make their money?.
Share ur tots and pixs.

Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by eunisam: 6:11am On Oct 06, 2014
Just like a regular street business,not every body that enteres your job must buy from.They make their money by saling them. The most annoying business to me is those saling groundnut,you see a group of guys claiming to be testing the groundnut with a hand full of groundnut and they will endup not buying.it vex me to see such happen.
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by udemzyudex(m): 6:51am On Oct 06, 2014
Sometimes i wonder how they make their money,part from the things you listed up there,Nigerians are not the type that love to read,in fact what sell most is the sport paper,sometimes other papers like vanguard punch etc will just lie there from moning till afternoon till they have to carry it to sell in traffic.

Some vendors don't allow people to even open the paper unless you're a customer or you pay a small amount just to read and drop it.
I also wonder what they do with the remaining papers if they couldn't sell then because its not something one can resell the next day.
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2014
udemzyudex:
Sometimes i wonder how they make their money,part from the things you listed up there,Nigerians are not the type that love to read,in fact what sell most is the sport paper,sometimes other papers like vanguard punch etc will just lie there from moning till afternoon till they have to carry it to sell in traffic.

Some vendors don't allow people to even open the paper unless you're a customer or you pay a small amount just to read and drop it.
I also wonder what they do with the remaining papers if they couldn't sell then because its not something one can resell the next day.
You are very mistaken! Who said Nigerian don't read? Wait till u see them with their favourite papers -ChelseaToday, ArsenalTomorrow, ManUForever!!!! cheesy. Well, other papers sell as well. If there didn't, these vendors would long have been out of business.

1 Like

Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by udemzyudex(m): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2014
nchewi:
You are very mistaken! Who said Nigerian don't read? Wait till u see them with their favourite papers -ChelseaToday, ArsenalTomorrow, ManUForever!!!! cheesy. Well, other papers sell as well. If there didn't, these vendors would long have been out of business.

You call that reading? Some of them just buy it to look at their favourite players,some don't even read the content.

I won't say Nigerians don't read,i'll say Africans don't read instead they practise gossip..
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by Venerable612(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2014
Buh com tu tink of it. How many Sport daily's ave u bot each.

Sincereli i reli cant remmba d last time i bought one.

Why du i av tu buy a paper wen i can read evritin online.. Or even listen tu better analysis on Topsports or Brilla Fm.

D most anoyin tin abt d Business is dat.. U av a Crowd of pple in ur shop evri mornin. Arguin abt difrent issues and dey wont even buy.

Watch it. Dose wu buy mostly dnt even wait behind. Dey r eida in deir car or passers-by who knos strictly, d paper dey wnt tu buy.

Bt all in all. Hw mch wil dey mke frm dese petty sales?
#Smh#.
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 06, 2014
They sell,if not,why would they remain in the business.

Some supply to big organizations,who has made it mandatory to buy paper every weekdays.

The unsold ones are returned to the printing house,recycled again.
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by Venerable612(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yomieluv:
They sell,if not,why would they remain in the business.

Some supply to big organizations,who has made it mandatory to buy paper every weekdays.

The unsold ones are returned to the printing house,recycled again.

hmmm!
Re: Is Newspaper Vendor The Most Annoyin Business?(pix) by bedfordng(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
The vendors are making their money.any business that is not making money,no one would do it.one sweet thing about news papers vendor is that any papers that is not sold will be returned to the news paper company,so they don't loose.they make gains from the amount of papers sold while any left over will be returned.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can An Employee Ever Become A Billionaire? / Why Dont Police And Force Men Pay Their Fare In Lagos State? / Alternative To Do International Money Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.