Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,962 members, 7,838,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

What Happened To Gospel Song In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To Gospel Song In Nigeria? (488 Views)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). / Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? / My Pipu, Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Listen To Gospel Music, But To Not Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Gospel Song In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2014
Without any stretch of doubt Nigeria is the stronghold of Christainity in the whole continent of Africa.
And thus i have been wondering about this not long ago.Even when listening to Western Worship nd Naija Gospel singer we can see a Wide merge.The Western worship even the Old time nd some of the present time singers have a message to give,a warning to pass across and something to preach.Ojo Ade,Bola Are,aregbesola Rotimi,Niyi Adedokun these are the few out of thousands of Gospel singer i recognised in Nigeria with the Spirit inspired songs.What has actually happened?Did these people lack the Spirit?Why is there not gospel in what they termed ''gospel''?Are they conforming to the world?How do we bring back the real Gospel singer in the likes of Don Moen,Don Willians?.These are the questions i wish we could comment on.
Re: What Happened To Gospel Song In Nigeria? by braine(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
With the current seeming 'good' life that secular artistes are living, there's no motivation for gospel as everyone is looking for money and fame.

(1) (Reply)

The Beggar's Rags / Achieving Good Success / Methodist Pastor Who Wedded Gay Son Won't Be Ex-communicated - Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.