Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,446 members, 7,839,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? (704 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Meet The 4 New Female Deputy Governors-Elect In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? by Kenny(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2008
What lessons are there for Nigeria?  Is it possible to copy good thing as seen in American politics, producing the President-elect less than 24 hours of election?  What are the copyable technologies that we need?
Re: Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2008
But Iwu has already made it clear that Americans are the ones who should copy from the nigerian electoral system. tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? by SkyBlue1: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
As far as i am concerned electoral reform should be on a very short list of the fundamental issues that should be addressed. I really don't see the imense difficulty we are all made to believe exists in reforming Nigeria's electoral system. The issue that should be asked is wether the government is actually willing to do such and from what we can see i think it is safe to say there is no desire by the government to have a working democracy in Nigeria. Really is not rocket science. I don't care if the results are announced withing 24hours or even 3days, as long as the people are guaranteed to have their votes count mand the results are guaranteed to reflect the will of the people. Wasn't the electoral systems one of the "key issues" yaradua said he will address once he resumed office? Do i need to go through the pains of pulling out articles and news headlines from the time just before the "elections"? Over a year later and the man called "Professor" Maurice Iwu is still in charge of INEC and still running elections.
Re: Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2008
@Poster, seriously, you think say Na technology be the problem? roflmao
Re: Can Nigeria Produce President-elect In 24 Hours? by Nigeria4: 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2008
Yes it is possible. If they give me the contract. I would be able to produce a fraud prove election. Election result would be out by 5 hours after the last person voted.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Planning Us Trials For Guantanamo Detainees / Letter To Ken Saro-wiwa / God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.