Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,778 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare (704 Views)

Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare by smile4kenn(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2008
Pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare, has expressed interest to contest for the presidency of Nigeria in 2011.

Speaking during a service in his church to celebrate the emergence of Senator Barack Obama as the first black man to rule America, Pastor Bakare declared that the pulpit was not his last bus stop.

“Who told you this is my last bus stop? If God wants me to rule, why not, but I am not desperate,” he told a stunned audience.

He added that he would be in Nigeria to influence the emergence of a more favourable candidate, who would move the “people to the promised land.”

Stressing his resolve, he said, “some people have said I am crazy, but I don’t care what you call me. It takes to be crazy to identify one. This is our time and every McCain would testify, every Hilary Clinton will testify. Our enemies will testify and I believe this with every drop of my blood.

“I see it happening in Nigeria shortly. God will raise somebody that would galvanise the people and together they would say no to oppression, no to suppression and no to corruption,” Bakare said, adding that only this can release Nigerians from bondage under which they are groaning.

“We need to do this because nothing dies more quickly than a sound idea in a closed mind.”

Delivering a sermon entitled American Election 2008: God’s Perspective, Pastor Bakare declared that he would be in Nigeria in 2010 to help source for a candidate.

He told the congregation that he was not going to sit and watch the country and its people denied their rights.

Urging Nigerians to be mindful that they have equal rights with the president and other political office holders, the fiery pastor said “when it is our time, they will give way for us. I see what happened to Obama happening in Nigeria. It does not matter how powerful the incumbent president is. It does not matter the machinery of violence at his disposal. When the people say enough is enough, it would definitely be enough.”

Bakare, who had predicted the emergence of Barack Obama in May 1999, when he said God was raising “a black man of influence to rule America,” added that the new generation of politicians that would take over the leadership of Nigeria would not belong to any of the present political parties. They will emerge “through a new party—the New Nigeria Progressive Party (NNPP).”

Speaking on the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua, the lawyer turned pastor screamed that “I have continued to say the presidency is not a birthright. It is not an inheritance. If your health cannot carry it, Umaru, go home. Leave the place for those who can steer the ship. Give it to somebody much more competent than you are. If the Supreme Court cannot do the job, we will do it in 2011.”

http://thepmnews.com/2008/11/10/i’ll-run-for-presidency-—pastor-bakare
Re: God Wants Me To Be Next President' - Pastor Bakare by Sammy107d(m): 2:14am On Nov 11, 2008
He didnt say anything about running for presidency in 2011. damned journalists

(1) (Reply)

Browse Latest Politics Breaking News Free / Data Entry Job Here In Nigeria / Appeal Court Sacks Osunbor As Edo Gov, Kudos To Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.