Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) (4401 Views)

Young Nigerian Man Begs Linda Ikeji To Marry Him (photo) / Linda Ikeji To Wizkid: ‘before I Mess Up Your Career, I’ll Leave You Alone’ / Linda Ikeji To Give BlessingNick Nicholas N500k If Anyone Can Find Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by barryzkween(f): 12:06am On Oct 07, 2014
There is war going on twitter right now over popular blogger Linda Ikeji's blog, in fact as we talk Google has pulled down some of her post after a twitter user said he had asked Google to pull down her post for copyright and Plagiarism. He also listed some of other international blogs such as TMZ, DailymailUK that she copied some of their news word to word without authorization.

Some twitter users were on the defensive side of the popular blogger while some says she need to be penalized for plagiarism.

For me I think almost all bloggers are guilty of this not just Linda Ikeji, but since she is more popular, all eyes are fixed on her and more to do with the Range Rover SUV that she bought recently..Many people thinks she makes money now and has to follow the right procedure.... According to music activist Lawyer Uduak she listed 2 mistakes Linda Ikeji made which are;
1. Not incorporating as a business to shield her from personal liability.
2. Not having her own self hosted platform...
Here are some screen shot below....Read from below to the top.

Linda Ikeji is said to generate an income from her blog of about $900,000 (N140m) annually mostly from advertisements and sponsored posts.

Follow the link for more tweets/details http://www.citinewstv.com/2014/10/linda-ikeji-to-be-penalized-by-google.html

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by onechance(m): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2014
She will open another blog na

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by libertyfather(m): 12:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Ko kan aiye...
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Umarbaseet(m): 12:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Let's wait and see
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by blognetbase(m): 12:41am On Oct 07, 2014
Her site is back
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:44am On Oct 07, 2014
Gbes!
Mtchew!
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by godofwar666(m): 1:21am On Oct 07, 2014
God is watching this on HD cool.
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by ednut1(m): 5:47am On Oct 07, 2014
nigerians and PHD syndrome. pull him down

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2014
ednut1:
The situation is really pathetic. Linda should learn from this and emerge better.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2014
ednut1:

I dont think any of these has anything to do with PHD. I sttongly disagree. I was forced to go through over 200 Tweets to very well understand what is happening.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2014
I smell jealousy. I hope she will learn her lessons.

Guys ain't smiling at all!

5 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2014
And a brief explanation will be this.

Linda Ikeji stole so many Copyrighted materials for her blog and has such been running her blog at "No cost". This act deprives the real owners of contents "Traffic" and i think we all understand what traffic means.

And Yes, She is playing Childishly with Fire.

Them accuse you of stealing content for morning, you go steal another one for Afternoon grin grin

*In Davido Voice* Linda Ikeji go hear ram

9 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by ideee03(f): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Lol.She should have armed herself well b4 now.She shouldn't tell me she wasn't expecting this sooner or later. E fit be one bad belle Nigerian wey bring their aTtention to her blog ooo
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 07, 2014
berem:
I smell jealousy. I hope she will learn her lessons.

Guys ain't smiling at all!

That was exactly what i thought too o. But no, it got nothing to do with jealousy and everything to do with gread.

She made about 140 million per annum. Had She rightfully purchase all borrowed contents on her blog, she could have ended up with less than 80-90 million per annum.

So she did what every ***** blogger will do. She took the easy way out.

she damned all the consequences. And now, she will Face them!

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2014
Why are they hating on Linda. although I don't like her, but this is not the way for people to vent their anger on her. Nairaland has more copy and paste than any other forum in Nigeria and Africa. how about that?

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2014
ednut1:

Trying to justify plagiarism? She is learned enough to know that plagiarism is illegal. Where there is no law there is no sin (transgression).
You don't go about stealing people's contents to promote your blog. Bad! angry
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Babe2sure(f): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2014
I am not a fan of Linda Ikeji's blog. I discovered long ago that she copies and pastes word for word. It is the same thing I read from other news sources that I read from her too, word for word. So, I got bored of reading from her.
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Skimpledawg(m): 7:52am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Gbes!
Mtchew!
Yu n Gbes! Look for sth new to type na undecided
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Lanister:
Why are they hating on Linda. although I don't like her, but this is not the way for people to vent their anger on her. Nairaland has more copy and paste than any other forum in Nigeria and Africa. how about that?
You don't get it, do you? Nairaland is a forum; LIB isn't but a blog. Even at that, NLers still provide 'sauce' to most contents on FP.
@Bold, that's pure BS!

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by lilprinze: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2014
Haters am sure it is because of the range rover she just bought that is making them to hate on her like this, I hope she would learn from this.
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2014
Google doesn't play with plagiarism, that's why I have been saying that Linda should get a custom domain, set it up to point to her blogger.

By the time GOOGLE shuts her blog like they have done hundreds of blogspots in Nigeria, her eyes go clear.

Bt if she has been use a custom domain, she can easily host a blog, import some posts into a wordpress blog and still continue her service.

Wordpress will let u get away with some of these things GOOGLE doesn't play with.
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Lanister:

when we copy and paste, we are almost always thoughtful enough to tell everyone our source.
This is even beyond doing what is legal, it is doing what is rightfully right. It is common sense!

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Skimpledawg:

Yu n Gbes! Look for sth new to type na undecided
You this Kwashiokor Chelsea pikin,
if not that my Prophet told me not to fight on Nairaland till Friday, I ll v sued you to court.
Last Bullet
Wetin concern you with my Gbes?
If I dey Gbes!
You too Gbas!
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by infoscope(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2014
Just recently Linda Ikeji's blog has come under intense attack, with a group of persons hell bent on closing down her blog. See her epic response to all of this here...

http://nigeriannewsportal.com/linda-ikeji-finally-responds-to-the-guy-who-wants-to-take-down-her-blog/
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nlmadfreak: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2014
Frontpage things
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by homesteady(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2014
taiwolusol:

when we copy and paste, we are almost always thoughtful enough to tell everyone our source.
This is even beyond doing what is legal, it is doing what is rightfully right. It is common sense!
opeyemmmy:

You don't get it, do you? Nairaland is a forum; LIB isn't but a blog. Even at that, NLers still provide 'sauce' to most contents on FP.
@Bold, that's pure BS!

You guys should at least know much about something before jumping into conclusion!
Do you think linda is a learner that she won't give credit to where she got her news?
the issue the foool has with linda is that she did not get permission from the source to publish the news grin
he also said something about Linda not paying for pictures she gets from websites like gettyimage

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Skimpledawg(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

You this Kwashiokor Chelsea pikin,
if not that my Prophet told me not to fight on Nairaland till Friday, I ll v sued you to court.
Last Bullet
Wetin concern you with my Gbes?
If I dey Gbes!
You too Gbas!
Aha na! Tot we wia fwnds! Even tho Chelsea won arsenal nd Arsene tot of punchin Mourinho out of insecurity? *shuld I pour yu alomo?

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by opeyemmmy(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
homesteady:

You guys should at least know much about something before jumping into conclusion!
Do you think linda is a learner that she won't give credit to where she got her news?
the issue the foool has with linda is that she did not get permission from the source to publish the news grin
he also said something about Linda not paying for pictures she gets from websites like gettyimage

Well, that makes no difference. She is still guilty of copyright infringement. I don't see Linda winning this war.
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
Skimpledawg:

Aha na! Tot we wia fwnds! Even tho Chelsea won arsenal nd Arsene tot of punchin Mourinho out of insecurity? *shuld I pour yu alomo?
bring d alomo
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Skimpledawg(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2014
infoscope:
Just recently Linda Ikeji's blog has come under intense attack, with a group of persons hell bent on closing down her blog. See her epic response to all of this here...

http://nigeriannewsportal.com/linda-ikeji-finally-responds-to-the-guy-who-wants-to-take-down-her-blog/
Is dz an open letter or wah? Som1 shuld Summarize plz! undecided
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Skimpledawg(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

bring d alomo
Heheh! Ah knw ya weak point bro....*pours him alomo* no vex, we no go win arsenal again!
Re: Linda Ikeji To Be Penalized By Google For "Copy And Paste" (see Tweets) by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
homesteady:

It is obvious you don't know too much about the Issue yourself. The guy you called a "Foool" was roobed by Linda Ikeji! He is the owner of lindaikeji.net. Go to that website now and you will be re-directed to Linda's blog!
The thing is that Linda broke too many rules, the getty image is just one of her numerous crimes. She stole from tens of people. If Mr A does not get her, Mr B will, if not Mr C will......the list goes on.
And please be easy on the Victim, calling him a fool is just wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Vs Davido:who Has The Most Expensive Jewelries / 5 Major Nigerian Celebrities That Are Freaking Rich But Don't Flaunt It(photos) / Lady Causes Commotion In Male Hostel With Her Banging Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.