Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

//&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// (6710 Views)

●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● / The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread / Ofoka's Freestyle Country- The New School Legend Of The Nairaland Freestylers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by 007Bruce: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Iceskidd:
thanks
your prob is you're lazy.. You can never be dope if you dont write out those wack bars in your head.. Try freestyling regularly you can see kslib
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Limerick: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
007Bruce:
For punchlines - be versatile , observant.. You can get your PL from watching movies, news(CNN), history, reading some battle raps.. Just be witty - Use your BRAIN your BRAIN yeah your BRAIN
true
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Limerick: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
coogar:

that's the advanced part.....

you just have to be creative with that. for example ibime is also known as bis. people say he's fat too.

so a powerful hypocatasis for ibime would be o'bis(obese) grin
lol, that fat foool tho!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by captainflash(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
007Bruce:
your prob is you're lazy.. You can never be dope if you dont write out those wack bars in your head.. Try freestyling regularly you can see kslib
LMao. .try and encourage him. .he can do better than that. .
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by 007Bruce: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Iceskidd:
who asked 4 ur opinion? Smh. Are you coogar? Cos i only asked for his advice. Mtcheew and u think you're d0pe? Abeg dnt even think of replying this. Thanks
you're the laziest textcee on NL you can never be dope if you keep doing 4lines on FFR... You just need to give out those wack bars. Aint insulting you, take my advice and you might be dhope
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by 007Bruce: 8:15am On Oct 09, 2014
No foundation and you're thinking of build ups
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Blingston(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
coogar:

that's the advanced part.....

you just have to be creative with that. for example ibime is also known as bis. people say he's fat too.

so a powerful hypocatasis for ibime would be o'bis(obese) grin

pardon me but shouldnt a wordplay make sense both ways
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by coogar: 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Blingston:

pardon me but shouldnt a wordplay make sense both ways

who says it doesn't?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by captainflash(m): 7:20am On Oct 17, 2014
smh. .i call out iceskid and 007bruce. .one of you should acept the call out. .
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Korlinx: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Nice lectures!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by 007Bruce: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
captainflash:
smh. .i call out iceskid and 007bruce. .one of you should acept the call out. .
call out your iceskidd.. You aint a worthy opponent
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 12:50am On Oct 18, 2014
You know, at first, i always felt rhymes only meant matching something like hook with book, crook, look, fluke.. e..t..c Not until i heard about multies i..e Multi syllabic rhyming..

Like i've been told many times, my lines lack multies. Truth is, its not like doing multies is too difficult for me to master but i always find myself subconsciously wanting to just rhyme the end word rather than the syllables cos it sounds better..
E..g i find it strange rhyming something like chair with cup... stool/fan--- though the syllables rhyme.. Same with table/oven ... Button/handle e..t..c cos the pronounciation aint even close.. It just sounds not cool and i end up just rhymin the end words rather..

Well, i ll like to master multi syllabic rhyming and know whats its really ALL about cos i believe i am perhaps missing something that makes it so cool.

Lemme give an Example with 4 bars:: Now i ll try as much possible to sacrifice rhyming the end words like i normally do ...

I silence this nigga, no re-mute control/cuz you throw slow punches like BB phones booting your blows/
..... erryone refutes you dO.p.e/ cos your line's like stagnant gutters! dude, you's needing a flow/!

I lunch daggers and stab the f@g/hes a fake nigga, a lying lad/
I make venues crowd in millions just by spitting facts/
But @his last show, he dropped a 'wind blower on its feet' & claimed he got 'standing fans'/

Lib converse with gods/cuz am smart and awesome with words/...... this dumb lad his mum denied ' br£ast milk'... so i showed why am fearsome with swords/
When i slayed to make the nigga rest @ da 'bosom' of the lord/!

This bout is like a scuffle with his helper/ cuz i wont punch but teach texts! hes awful with the letters/ even offline, his speeches aint clever/
And wont be a smooth talker even if his lips we ruffle with sand paper/!

Now pls point out the multies in those bars. Why they rhyme or not. And why you started counting the multies from a particular word... If you didnt find any or it wasnt stable, let me know what i did wrong..

Coogar and Krone, your inputs ll be appreciated. I ll have other questions to ask pending the nature and depth of the answer i get.. Thanks!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2014
Ksslib:
You know, at first, i always felt rhymes only meant matching something like hook with book, crook, look, fluke.. e..t..c Not until i heard about multies i..e Multi syllabic rhyming..

Like i've been told many times, my lines lack multies. Truth is, its not like doing multies is too difficult for me to master but i always find myself subconsciously wanting to just rhyme the end word rather than the syllables cos it sounds better..
E..g i find it strange rhyming something like chair with cup... stool/fan--- though the syllables rhyme.. Same with table/oven ... Button/handle e..t..c cos the pronounciation aint even close.. It just sounds not cool and i end up just rhymin the end words rather..

Well, i ll like to master multi syllabic rhyming and know whats its really ALL about cos i believe i am perhaps missing something that makes it so cool.

Lemme give an Example with 4 bars:: Now i ll try as much possible to sacrifice rhyming the end words like i normally do ...

I silence this nigga, no re-mute control/cuz you throw slow punches like BB phones booting your blows/
..... erryone refutes you dO.p.e/ cos your line's like stagnant gutters! dude, you's needing a flow/!

I lunch daggers and stab the f@g/hes a fake nigga, a lying lad/
But @his last show, he dropped a 'wind blower on its feet' & claimed he got 'standing fans'/

Lib converse with gods/cuz am smart and awesome with words/...... this dumb lad his mum denied ' br£ast milk'... so i showed why am fear 'some with swords/
When i slayed to make the nigga rest @ da 'bosom' of the lord/!

This bout is like a scuffle with his helper/ cuz i wont punch but teach texts! hes awful with the letters/ even offline, his speeches aint clever/
And wont be a smooth talker even if his lips we ruffle with sand paper/!

Now pls point out the multies in those bars. Why they rhyme or not. And why you started counting the multies from a particular word... If you didnt find any or it wasnt stable, let me know what i did wrong..

Coogar and Krone, your inputs ll be appreciated. I ll have other questions to ask pending the nature and depth of the answer i get.. Thanks!

the highlighted words/phrases spoilt the multi-rhyme scheme....

When using a multi rhyme scheme.. Every first word of each line of a stanza must rhyme, nd every last word of it.....

Now the middle words should rhyme too, but some words are salient. These salient words can be ignored nd matched with another salient word which may not even rhyme with it smiley......

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

the highlighted words/phrases spoilt the multi-rhyme scheme....

When using a multi rhyme scheme.. Every first word of each line of a stanza must rhyme, nd every last word of it.....

Now the middle words should rhyme too, but some words are salient. These salient words can be ignored nd matched with another salient word which may not even rhyme with it smiley......

I dont get you. Come again or or better still, use examples.
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ksslib:

I dont get you. Come again or or better still, use examples.

gringringrin.... This dude aint HEALTHY IN THE BRAiN/
he should stop preTENDING HE IS SANE/
cos he wouldnt draw the battle line...........
If he used his PENCILS "n" HIS PAINTS..... cool

Check this

K is captured by this EFFing reBEL
he needs help, nd i'm VEry aBLE/
so i'm bringing down these bars . ..... To make "Liberty" like lipton YEllow laBEL/ grin you get?

just an example though grin
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

gringringrin.... This dude aint HEALTHY IN THE BRAiN/
he should stop preTENDING HE IS SANE/
cos he wouldnt draw the battle line...........
If he used his PENCILS "n" HIS PAINTS..... cool

Check this

K is captured by this EFFing reBEL
he needs help, nd i'm VEry aBLE/
so i'm bringing down these bars . ..... To make "Liberty" like lipton YEllow laBEL/ grin you get?

just an example though grin
Heavy sigh. I still dont get it.

I quote again----- EVERY FIRST WORD OF EACH LINE MUST RHYME. THE LAST WORDS TOO.

what do you mean by first word of a line? Point the first words of your lines that rhymed.
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ksslib:

Heavy sigh. I still dont get it.

I quote again----- EVERY FIRST WORD OF EACH LINE MUST RHYME. THE LAST WORDS TOO.

what do you mean by first word of a line? Point the first words of your lines that rhymed.
okay. Lets say syllables instead of words...

in the second bar.... I decided to rhyme 4syllables...
E.g: eff ing re ble= 4

so here's the scheme for the bar
Effing rebel/very able/ yellow label/

notice that each of the first syllable of these phrases have the sound ER... They rhyme

Nd each of their last syllable Sounds BULL....

Hence the whole phrases are multi-rhymes

Effing reBLE/ VEry aBLE/ YEllow laBLE/

I put the main(prominent) rhymes in capitals..

The small letters are the kyna silent(not salient.... Sorry),.. smiley
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by 007Bruce: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
ksslib
raptechniques./2011/08/13/how-to-rhyme-multi-syllables-like-eminem/
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

okay. Lets say syllables instead of words...

in the second bar.... I decided to rhyme 4syllables...
E.g: eff ing re ble= 4

so here's the scheme for the bar
Effing rebel/very able/ yellow label/

notice that each of the first syllable of these phrases have the sound ER... They rhyme

Nd each of their last syllable Sounds BULL....

Hence the whole phrases are multi-rhymes

Effing reBLE/ VEry aBLE/ YEllow laBLE/

I put the main(prominent) rhymes in capitals..

The small letters are the kyna silent(not salient.... Sorry),.. smiley
Ehen. This is more like it .

Now, Rebel Very and Yellow all have two syllables each. When doing multies, rather than Ryhming the first syllable, can one get away with rather rhyming the second syllable.

E..g like I did with.
Awesome fearsome and bosom

And still have the first syallables------- Awe/ fear and Bo counted as part of the multies?

Or its a general rule that multies start counting only if the first syllables rhyme?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
007Bruce:
ksslib
raptechniques./2011/08/13/how-to-rhyme-multi-syllables-like-eminem/
Thanks. I ll check out the link. smiley
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ksslib:

Ehen. This is more like it .

Now, Rebel Very and Yellow all have two syllables each. When doing multies, rather than Ryhming the first syllable, can one get away with rather rhyming the second syllable.

E..g like I did with.
Awesome fearsome and bosom

And still have the first syallables------- Awe/ fear and Bo counted as part of the multies?

Or its a general rule that multies start counting only if the first syllables rhyme?
lol. You're rhyming only one
syllable.
If you're to rhyme only two syllables, then all the syllables must rhyme. Why?
Cos they must start nd end with rhyming words.... Awsome will rhyme with JUST COME,,, nd so on

Basically
ALL MULTIS START ND END WITH RHYMING WORDS....

Here's a better way to make your example a multis

I'm the Most awsome/ while this foe's fearsome/ ?.?.?.?.?

Complete the scheme with that bosom punch cool
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:

lol. You're rhyming only one
syllable.
If you're to rhyme only two syllables, then all the syllables must rhyme. Why?
Cos they must start nd end with rhyming words.... Awsome will rhyme with JUST COME,,, nd so on

Basically
ALL MULTIS START ND END WITH RHYMING WORDS....

Here's a better way to make your example a multis

I'm the Most awsome/ while this foe's fearsome/ ?.?.?.?.?

Complete the scheme with that bosom punch cool
No! I wasnt talking about just two syllables with my example. The SOM sound is not what ends the multies but what starts it.. But all the same i get ur point clearer now..

De Most awesome/Dis foe's fearsome/
Devour bosom/Dicktate more sum/ all these are 4 syllabic right?

Now! Look this exmaple! Each bar contains 4 lines:

First bar::
5 syllabic rhymes/4 syllabic rhymes/5 syllabic rhymes/4 syllabic rhymes

2nd bar:
6 syllabic rhymes/4 syllabic rhymes/ 6 syllabic rhymes/ 4 syllabic rhymes

Is that a rhyme scheme? Or its a rule that all multies in a bar must contain same number of syllables?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by kr0ne(m): 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ksslib:

Lemme give an Example with 4 bars :

I silence this nigga, no re-mute control/cuz you throw slow punches like BB phones booting your blows/ right here, the error u committed was rhyming booting with remote. Reboot woulda been proper, so that reduces this line to two syllables

..... erryone refutes you dO.p.e/ cos your line's like stagnant gutters! dude, you's needing a flow/! E no too rhyme sha but it's acceptable coz the beginning of the rhyme matches, ie re- and ne-

I lunch daggers and stab the f@g/hes a fake nigga, a lying lad/ Error! Stab and ly doesn't rhyme. The first one sounds like 'ai' while the other sounds like 'ar'. Now, it has reduced ur wish to make it 3 syllables 2 instead

But @his last show, he dropped a 'wind blower on its feet' & claimed he got 'standing fans'/ Same with this this one too. Spitting would rather with Hitting, while Standing would rhyme with Planning. So by judgement na only one syllable u do here ie, FACTS and FANS

Lib converse with gods/cuz am smart and awesome with words/...... this dumb lad his mum denied ' br£ast milk'... so i showed why am fearsome with swords/
When i slayed to make the nigga rest @ da 'bosom' of the lord/! This is better but one little error from the last line spoiled ur 4 syllables. If na me I for find words to complete the rest in order to make it 5 eg AWESOME WITH THE WORDS/ FEARSOME WITH THE SWORDS/ BOSSOM OF THE LORD/ See? I added 'THE' in all of them so the bar would be 5 bar instead.

And wont be a smooth talker even if his lips we ruffle with sand paper/! Chai!!! I was almost grinning till I saw SPEECHES! That's the only ffuck up in that bar...and u would have hit 6 syllables!!!!!!! Unfortunately, we have to reduce it to 3 AIN'T CLEVER is 3 syllables. You ruined the opportunity. Next time, look for another word to rhyme with SCUFFLE, and RUFFLE, then re-read every rhyming line in the bar AND COUNT THEM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

|««FATAL-CLASH-OF-THE-WARLOCKS|*KR0NE-vs-IAMAROMOLAERAN*»»| / So You Think Yo Can Rap? / Punch Linez Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.