Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread (11075 Views)

Nairaland Rap Battle Section Awards Nomination List 2015 / Darkrebel's Ban From The Rap Battle Section On Nairaland. / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2014
THE DEBUT RBS AUDIO CYPHER
The audio cypher initiative has been one that has been welcomed by the many on this section. It is going to be an high quality cypher track with the microphone beasts on here. This is a thread to decide the specifics of the cypher.

Note: This cypher is intended only for MEMBERS on the section

We are working towards a Time target of Six weeks from now to get the cypher completed.

TIMETABLE
Planning - Selection of Instrumental, Genre, and choice of the Cypher Theme/Topic (till 9pm on 12th August, 2014)
All decisions by the section will be stated on this thread on 13th August, 2014

Please, we want this done in six weeks. We can do this.

TAGS

Ibime
ojoawo
giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
Blaqbones
Krizzkutz
ELYMAXiimus
iamaromolaeran
airmark
sosiqdude
---------------------: The above have agreed to be on the cypher
EDIT: We now have 12 people who have all indicated interest, No more sign up please.
All members are invited to this thread

emaprince
mikuz
Ema Prince
theprekky
Thunderstorm
Loonat11k
jigsawkillah
rayopt
PaulThor
demsid
fuckyouhard
LooNat11kk
elvisonjack2
elymaxiimus
guykhena
Teddybiyasi
Siddogg
lalaboiy
DJ5naira
cooger
iceskidd
ckushy
warriblood
elvisonjack
youngdanaval

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:39am On Aug 05, 2014
First off,
We need to decide on the Instrumental to be used.
1.Should we get one from a known producer, or just any producer or let someone from here handle that too.
2. What genre of beat will be most acceptable by the house?

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 8:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Hello Ojoawo, this is G'IYAZ! Airmak banned my other account, so I'm gonna be using this one now, so as to help see through the progress of this cypher.

About the instrumental, this is my own oppinion; I think we should make a HIP-HOP beat, underground. But it must also have this African flavor in it, so it can sound original. IMO
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
Tiyazman: Hello Ojoawo, this is G'IYAZ! Airmak banned my other account, so I'm gonna be using this one now, so as to help see through the progress of this cypher.

About the instrumental, this is my own oppinion; I think we should make a HIP-HOP beat, underground. But it must also have this African flavor in it, so it can sound original. IMO

so you suggesting we make our own beat?
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo:

so you suggesting we make our own beat?
No, I mean. We should seek for a producer who can do that kinda beat, but, if we got a capable producer on here. . . Then it's good to go.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Tiyazman: No, I mean. We should seek for a producer who can do that kinda beat, but, if we got a capable producer on here. . . Then it's good to go.

aill lets see what others think...
will check back here later in the day
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo:

aill lets see what others think...
will check back here later in the day
COol. . .
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo: THE DEBUT RBS AUDIO CYPHER
The audio cypher initiative has been one that has been welcomed by the many on this section. It is going to be an high quality cypher track with the microphone beasts on here. This is a thread to decide the specifics of the cypher.

We are working towards a Time target of Six weeks from now to get the cypher completed.

TIMETABLE
Planning - Selection of Instrumental, Genre, and choice of the Cypher Theme/Topic (till 9pm on 12th August, 2014)

TAGS

Ibime
ojoawo
giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
Blaqbones
Krizzkutz
You can still get yourself in if you interested. All members are invited to this thread

emaprince
mikuz
Ema Prince
theprekky
Thunderstorm
Loonat11k
jigsawkillah
rayopt
airmark
PaulThor
demsid
fuckyouhard
LooNat11kk
elvisonjack2
elymaxiimus
guykhena
Teddybiyasi
Siddogg
iamaromolaeran
lalaboiy
DJ5naira
cooger
iceskidd
ckushy
warriblood
elvisonjack
sosiqdude
youngdanaval
ELYMAXiimus
great! I'm in cool

where do i come in?

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:20am On Aug 05, 2014
I have a beat which I fink will be dope 4 the cypher. How can I send it to you guys?
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2014
@Ojoawo. Check out this beat. I fink its good to go! http://m.mp3juices.com/search.php?q=Lil+Kim+Lighters+Up+%2Ainstrumental%2A
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo: THE DEBUT RBS AUDIO CYPHER

TIMETABLE

TAGS

Ibime
ojoawo
giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
Blaqbones
Krizzkutz
You can still get yourself in if you interested. All members are invited to this thread

emaprince
mikuz
Ema Prince
theprekky
Thunderstorm
Loonat11k
jigsawkillah
rayopt
airmark
PaulThor
demsid
fuckyouhard
LooNat11kk
elvisonjack2
elymaxiimus
guykhena
Teddybiyasi
Siddogg
iamaromolaeran
lalaboiy
DJ5naira
cooger
iceskidd
ckushy
warriblood
elvisonjack
sosiqdude
youngdanaval
ELYMAXiimus

i am so in...hahahahahah cant wait to hear some people's flow.....am gonna laugh to death ---
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2014
concerning beat...no need to waste time making one-- just choose a popular hip-hop song thats deep and lets rap to it..

instumentals like --

eminem ft bruno mars lighters
jay z - empire state of mind
eminem - lose yourself---

we can vote on which beat to use but lets just use a popular one-- making one ll' only waste time

AND IF YOU DONT MIND-- IMMA DO THE CYPHER WITH 2 OF MY FRIENDS --THEY ARE MCEES TOO--- repping ikosi-ketu- magodo hood
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamaromolaeran: concerning beat...no need to waste time making one-- just choose a popular hip-hop song thats deep and lets rap to it..

instumentals like --

we can vote on which beat to use but lets just use a popular one-- making one ll' only waste time

AND IF YOU DONT MIND-- IMMA DO THE CYPHER WITH 2 OF MY FRIENDS --THEY ARE MCEES TOO--- repping ikosi-ketu- magodo hood
Guy, can you send me any of your audio battle lemme listen to you spit?

Meanwhile. . . . I think what you suggested is cool, we should just spit on another beat from a deep HipHop song. But I also think we should do it on our own beat, so it can be fully ours, you feel me?

IMO

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lalaboi I see you wink

What you think bro?
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by lalaboi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
From my experience trying to gather people and audio files from people all over the world is massive work. Some don't even have access to studios or laptop equipment that would make it easier for them.

Still does not stop anyone from trying.

Have a standard Beat. probably make people vote on choice and pick most popular. Does not have to be frehs beat, something well known will do.

Expect different quality versions, how you make them sound better afterwards?

I think you need a couple of good producers to work together on this project so they can compile and mix the audio files they get.

Goodluck to you guys and i hope it works out well. I will be watching from the sidelines.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tiyazman: Guy, can you send me any of your audio battle lemme listen to you spit?

Meanwhile. . . . I think what you suggested is cool, we should just spit on another beat from a deep HipHop song. But I also think we should do it on our own beat, so it can be fully ours, you feel me?

IMO
this is the only one saved on my phone...rest is saved on my tab--its acapella though and have posted before on nl --- http://www.datafilehost.com/d/7affa9d7
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Krizzkutz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
wunt be online 12 august, ahl b repping me block that day

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
im in.....
i have an ONLINE CREW..... we did alot of tracks together without even getting to meet...... for some of y'all that may not be able to afford cash for doing records... i maybe able to help... if you have a good high quality phone recorder.. you are good to go, im a producer and a rapper......... I ll post a cypher we did online here
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
maybe cypher.. isn't the best word to use here..... this kinda looks like just a regular battle.. one on one shii, i tot u was talking bout sumn like this http://rdcrew.wapka.mobi/site_file.xhtml?get-file=45
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamaromolaeran:
this is the only one saved on my phone...rest is saved on my tab--its acapella though and have posted before on nl --- http://www.datafilehost.com/d/7affa9d7

awesome! Damn dope bruh..
really y'all niggas be making me feel at home, at least someone knows what keeping it real is and not all these texting motherfuckers

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lol
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Limerick: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ojoawo - Lets keep it strict hardcore - we can mix the beats of two or more foreign hardcore songs together though.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamaromolaeran: concerning beat...no need to waste time making one-- just choose a popular hip-hop song thats deep and lets rap to it..

instumentals like --

Alright, thanks for the idea on the instrumental.

This particular cypher however can not be allowed from people not recognised on this forum. I will be expecting your verse only.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
thanks to youngdanaval. Anyone else with beat we can hop on can drop it and we will surely consider it.

#Respect to all supporting
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
bonnyt: maybe cypher.. isn't the best word to use here..... this kinda looks like just a regular battle.. one on one shii, i tot u was talking bout sumn like this http://rdcrew.wapka.mobi/site_file.xhtml?get-file=45

It aint a battle we talking about. BET Cypher ish
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
lalaboi: From my experience trying to gather people and audio files from people all over the world is massive work. Some don't even have access to studios or laptop equipment that would make it easier for them.

Still does not stop anyone from trying.

Have a standard Beat. probably make people vote on choice and pick most popular. Does not have to be frehs beat, something well known will do.

Expect different quality versions, how you make them sound better afterwards?

I think you need a couple of good producers to work together on this project so they can compile and mix the audio files they get.

Goodluck to you guys and i hope it works out well. I will be watching from the sidelines.

#MuchRESPECT

I considered the difference to be expected in sound quality and am presently in tals with two experienced mixing engineers to help out make a quality mix with minimal sound difference.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
#UPDATE

Got some interesting news as Trybe Records RUKUS agreed to drop a shoutout on the track in support for this movement.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo:

Alright, thanks for the idea on the instrumental.

This particular cypher however can not be allowed from people not recognised on this forum. I will be expecting your verse only.

sure no prblem
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
bonnyt: awesome! Damn dope bruh..
really y'all niggas be making me feel at home, at least someone knows what keeping it real is and not all these texting motherfuckers

thanks

ojuawo - tag this event as nairaland cypher or somethimg...give it a name
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo: thanks to youngdanaval. Anyone else with beat we can hop on can drop it and we will surely consider it.

#Respect to all supporting
You're welcome bruh!

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamaromolaeran:

thanks

ojuawo - tag this event as nairaland cypher or somethimg...give it a name

okay... but can you suggest a dinstinct name?
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Tiyazman(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo: #UPDATE

Got some interesting news as Trybe Records RUKUS agreed to drop a shoutout on the track in support for this movement.
Is Rukus on Nairaland?? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rap Battle / * * ~ Match Of Wits III - Ema Prince Vs Ibime ~ * * / Consecutive Rhymes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.