Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards (2276 Views)

How To Check If Your Number Plate Is Fake / Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2014
Am about concluding a purchase of. A naija used Camry. On a prudent note I said lemme run a check of the title with the plate number. My contact tells me the plate number was not used to register a Camry. Am wary and I need clarification
Re: I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
hugeriding:
Am about concluding a purchase of. A naija used Camry. On a prudent note I said lemme run a check of the title with the plate number. My contact tells me the plate number was not used to register a Camry. Am wary and I need clarification

Pls this topic is for advice not viewing. I need clarification
Re: I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by erico2k2(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2014
hugeriding:

Pls this topic is for advice not viewing. I need clarification
You need to speak to someone from Inland Revenue
Re: I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Post the plate numbers here; http://www.nvisng.org/NumberPlateVerification.aspx (do not add spaces) if a differnt car shows up please avoid the deal. If its produced but not attached to any vehicle its a 50-50 chance.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by chillex8(m): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Post the plate numbers here; http://www.nvisng.org/NumberPlateVerification.aspx (do not add spaces) if a differnt car shows up please avoid the deal. If its produced but not attached to any vehicle its a 50-50 chance.

Good luck

The online process of verification is crappy..

Of the four registered vehicles in our fleet, only one had info .. "this plate has been assigned to a Honda civic" bla bla bla ..
Others were "the plate has been produced but not assigned to any vehicle"

Best way is to go to the licensing office yourself, and tell them you want to verify the registration details...

Cheers.
Re: I Need Clarification on Plate Number Registration Standards by hugeriding: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Thanks all I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

For All Types Of Japanese Tokunboh Engines And Spare Parts / Lexus Es330 2005 Model For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.