Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:59 AM

Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State (814 Views)

Blessing Agbomhere: Oshiomhole Will Land In Jail If I Become Governor / They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Wikileak: Why Omisore Should Never Become Governor Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by danielmichael(m): 11:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Lagos-based pastor, Mr. Kayode Jacobs Pastor Kayode made this known on
Monday during an interview with
ThePunch. Although Pastor Kayode says although
he doesn’t have the kind of money to
compete with other governorship
aspirants, the likes of Minister of State
for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro;
and Jimi Agbaje, he could still defeat them to win the Peoples Democratic
Party governorship ticket. The pastor, who is an indigene of Badagry, said he had the backing of a large number of pastors in the state as well as massive grass roots following in 57 Local Government Areas and Local Council Development Areas. He said: “This is my David moment. You see, nobody expected David to become king of Israel because he was the last son but when God would favour him, he picked him from obscurity. I am sure that God’s favour will see me through.” Speaking on why he decided to run for governorship as opposed a lower political position he said that was the only position that would make him have a huge impact on lives. Pastor Kayode said: “I don’t want to
be a senator or a House of
Representatives member because I
don’t want to be debating and making
laws. I need a position whereby I can
make a direct impact on the lives of the people. Also, this was the position I was
directed to contest for.” Meanwhile talking about Governor Fashola’s administration which he described as not being friendly to the masses said Fashola’s government only favours the rich while neglecting the poor. He, however, stated that Fashola’s achievements in terms of public infrastructure would not stand the test of time. Pastor Kayode Jacobs runs Family and
Relationships Ministry in Lagos. He said he had been in politics for over
20 years having worked with a former
Minister of Information, Mr. Dapo
Sarunmi.

Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmm na waoo Gods people turning polithievecians since 1800bc undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by hushmail: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
dear pastor

u cant serve 2 masters at d same time grin

besides iF GoD Wants him to be governor why does he need grassroot support?

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hypocrites
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by 1shortblackboy: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
we don hear

Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by bnovative(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
sorry I didn't read the epistle, is he related to pastor Chris okotie?
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nice strategy..
Please could you help me tell him that the last time someone used that line on Lagosians,the person found himself across River Niger the next month,he should try another line.
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by djembadjemba: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
God wants me to be his deputy.
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by philantoxx(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
he should save his sermon for the poll
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by lolaxavier(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
You must be on high on baked poo....
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by olosk(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Anoda fake pastor..........
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Omen100(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hmmmmm

Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
grin
Re: Lagos State Pastor Says God Wants Him Become Governor Of The State by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Look at this foool o! he cited David, was David strugling to be king? If God wants you to be something, you simply be that thing! Who do these foools think God is self, and some people will beleive him now o?

(1) (Reply)

OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi / Please Help Interpret My Dream. / Bola Hamed Tinubu And His Strategy Toward Nigeria Of Our Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.