Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription (1702 Views)

MTN Is Giving Free 1GB DATA / My Memory Card Is Pissing Me Off! / Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by markpenk: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Guys is it just me or is MTN hell-bent on pissing us off with their caller tunes subscription. I get the notice at least 5 times a day. I have called their customer care lines severally about this and they keep saying text "Cancel" to 4100. I have done that at least 4 times today -can't even remember how many times I have done that in the past- and I still get the automatic subscription notice.

I understand that the first month is free and continued service for subsequent months cost 50 naira. My question is must we all use caller tunes? I simply don't care for it. The standard caller tone is good enough for me. In all, I think MTN is just looking for ways to fleece the entire populace again after all, #50 per line multiplied by over 10 million lines equals at least #500m per month (N6 billion per year) in extra revenues for the annoying company.

Someone please tell MTN: some of us simply don't care for your caller tunes. Please stop bugging us with your caller tunes. We don't want it -at least, I don't. Anyone feeling the same way?
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by lirusehn(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
gringrin
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by constance500: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Na that one pain u pass.. How about airtel.. This people will ring your phone like it's an important call..

I was expecting an important call days back when their useless call entered.. I dashed to get my phone. Picked up the call and all I could hear is.. Press 1 to copy this song.. My head hot like
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by markpenk: 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
My brother, I wonder o. Looks like these companies will do anything just to generate extra revenue. I would think that a forward thinking world-class company would adopt better strategies to generate even more revenue (roll out new products, drop call rates, create irresistible offers). Instead, all they do is try to hoodwink people.

constance500:
Na that one pain u pass.. How about airtel.. This people will ring your phone like it's an important call..

I was expecting an important call days back when their useless call entered.. I dashed to get my phone. Picked up the call and all I could hear is.. Press 1 to copy this song.. My head hot like
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by cyberguy72(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
Just text STOP to 4100
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by markpenk: 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
cyberguy72:
Just text STOP to 4100
Doesn't work for me bro. Sent it shortly after you posted that and voila, they just sent me another caller tunes subscription message. These guys are crazy, I tell ya
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by cyberguy72(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
i did it and it worked for me.
type STOP in capital letter.
Re: MTN Is Really Pissing Me Off With Their Incessant Caller Tunes Subscription by markpenk: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
I did just that -STOP in caps just like that.
cyberguy72:
i did it and it worked for me.
type STOP in capital letter.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With MTN Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite G313H ( ₦ 18,200 ) And Samsung Galaxy Star (₦ 15,000 ) / Need Help With My Techno S9 Back Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.