Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID (26968 Views)

MTN Introduce Reveal Unknown Caller ID / Has Mtn Block Your Opera Mini Server? There's A Way Out! / Ban The Use Of Hide Caller Id On Mobile Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 26, 2005
yes oh, this na the phone tip of the day "how to block your caller ID". that is to say, calling someone without him knowing that it's you who's calling. On his phone instead of a number he'll see stuff like "private number". the conventional way to do this is to go to your phone's call settings and change stuff. but you can also type your number like this and it'll work (well for MTN and Glo sha, don't know about others) #31#08036135788 instead of 08036135788.

have a go at it, and enjoy. it's for all ya creepy flashing and calling peeps.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Seun(m): 12:30am On Nov 26, 2005
I am unable to see how this feature can be used for legitimate purposes - most of us don't like being called or flashed by anonymous persons.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by hotangel2(f): 2:31am On Nov 26, 2005
I call people with Private numbers when i wanna play pranks on em. We use *67 followed by person's number. hehe.. it's fun.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by damygurl(f): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2005
*67 is da koolest though b4 da phone i waz usin got hide id feature but my new one don't!!!
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by hotangel2(f): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2005
It's actually also good to block ur number when u tryna reply a call u got from a number ur not familiar with. Just to be on the safer side.. wink
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Ibiwunmi: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2005
It's also gud 2 block ur numba if u don't want to be called back on dat numba. Must ppl dnt listen wen u say "dnt cal me bac on dis numba".
I always use #31# i thnk i'll try *67 hope it works.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by AngelaZ(f): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2005
Folks, you know what? I was highly embarrassed one day in the process of hiding my number.

There was this guy I admired alot but never wanted him to know, so from time to time I would call to hear his voice,
after doing it for a while, to my shock, one day he said hello angela, I passed out immediately ! (If you know what I mean ladies).

Some have that access ineffective, Be careful !

2 Likes

Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by hotangel2(f): 3:07am On Nov 29, 2005
ANGELA!!!!!!! I feel u. That has happened before.. Like.. UHHHHHHHHHHH U knew it has been me?? rolleyes *dies* But thank God it didn't happen btwn Myself and someone I like/admire or anything. Just someone i was messing with.. But all the same, it felt like... "OMG". shocked shocked

Sawry angela... Haha.. cheesy

Ibi, *67 always works. trust me..
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by kaylala(m): 10:43am On Dec 16, 2005
Hi my peeps,

PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE - VERY IMPORTANT WARNING

If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that, he
or she is a company engineer, or telling that they're checking your mobile
line, and you have to press # 90 or #09 or any other number. End this call
immediately without pressing any numbers. There is a fraud company using a
device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your "SIM" card and
make calls at your expense.

Forward this message to as many friends as you can, to stop it. All mobile
users pay attention if you receive a phone call and your mobile phone
displays (XALAN) on the screen don't answer the call, END THE CALL
IMMEDIATELY, if you answer the call, your phone will be infected by a virus.
This virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both your phone and
your SIM card, which will make your phone unable to connect with the
telephone network. You will have to buy a new phone.

This information has been confirmed by both Motorola and Nokia. There are
over 3 Million mobile phones being infected by this virus in all around the
world now. You can also check this news on the CNN web site.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS HAVING A MOBILE
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by chillin(f): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2006
Phone tip of the day? this has been the phone tip since Nov 16th!
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by kaylala(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2006
Call me you need someone to talk to cool
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Chizolum(f): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hehehe, tip really theres no tip in that, all u have to do is go to call settings and change send my caller id to hide my caller id, lol and to show ur caller id, change it back.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Mustay(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
chillin:

Phone tip of the day? this has been the phone tip since Nov 16th!

eh eh

Everybody wants freebies
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by benlegacy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
I am unable to see how this feature can be used for legitimate purposes grin shocked
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by mockly: 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2009
i need calls monitoring code. send it as text to 08062556603 or 08020308603.
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by jboi1: 9:34am On Nov 30, 2009
how to u block your number plz can someone show me the steps?
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by Toonice(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
I have the one that u we be online but if u put the code anyone calling u we not get through. And ur network provider wont say u are not online. it we just be cutting off. 500 naira if u need it
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by donjon: 12:44am On Dec 11, 2009
Pls lock dis thread. I beg!
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by omanifrank(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
this hiding features s already on most phones, but u can learn how to unlock phones for ur self and friends,

www.nigerianhub.aceboard.com
Re: Phone Tip of the Day: how to Block Your Caller ID by donjon: 2:07am On Dec 15, 2009
Randyvoux.,.,
dem swear 4 you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android / Annoying BBM Updates / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.