Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos (15782 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
Pls can anyone help me with the price of getting my first driver's license and what is gonna be required
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by colossus2: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2014
Not more than 15k in any FRSC office nationwide.
Renewal is not more than 10,500.

Requirement: If you have all the time in the world to process it yourself (bank payments), it won't be up to the amount I quoted.

Save yourself the stress and go to their office to make payments and do a data capture there.

Processing of bank payments would take between 1-3 days. After payments have been processed, you will be called for data capture.

Temporary card should be out within 7-14 days.

Permanent card should be out within 2-3 months, if not you will go for extension at the expiration of the temporal card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2014
colossus2:
Not more than 15k in any FRSC office nationwide.
Renewal is not more than 10,500.

Requirement: If you have all the time in the world to process it yourself (bank payments), it won't be up to the amount I quoted.

Save yourself the stress and go to their office to make payments and do a data capture there.

Processing of bank payments would take between 1-3 days. After payments have been processed, you will be called for data capture.

Temporary card should be out within 7-14 days.

Permanent card should be out within 2-3 months, if not you will go for extension at the expiration of the temporal card.
thanks man
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by colossus2: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
wreckingball:
thanks man
You're welcome cool
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
If you don't have the old one budget 18k
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by aieromon(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
cne010:
If you don't have the old one budget 18k

That depends on the issuing state. In Osun,a fresh applicant can get a drivers license for 11k while the renewal costs 9k.
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 16, 2014
aieromon:

That depends on the issuing state. In Osun,a fresh applicant can get a drivers license for 11k while the renewal costs 9k.
mine is broken, hope they won't charge me more...? Can the permanent card be used for bank/international transactions,is it recognized?
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by aieromon(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2014
tooltip:
mine is broken, hope they won't charge me more...? Can the permanent card be used for bank/international transactions,is it recognized?

They need the photocopy of the old license to process the renewal. The temporary and permanent card is valid for bank transactions.
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
thanks bro, have you done yours?, if yes ,how long did it cost you to renew your Driving Licence, i would want to use mine to verify some online purchases
aieromon:

They need the photocopy of the old license to process the renewal. The temporary and permanent card is valid for bank transactions.
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by aieromon(m): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
tooltip:
thanks bro, have you done yours?, if yes ,how long did it cost you to renew your Driving Licence, i would want to use mine to verify some online purchases

I have done the data capture and currently have the temporary permit before the permanent license is issued. I did mine in Osun state.
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
aieromon:

I have done the data capture and currently have the temporary permit before the permanent license is issued. I did mine in Osun state.
thanks, how much did it cost you in oyo state?,did you do both the data capture and collection of temporary permit on the same day?
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by aieromon(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
tooltip:
thanks, how much did it cost you in oyo state?,did you do both the data capture and collection of temporary permit on the same day?

You receive the temporary permit on the same day you get your biometric data captured. It cost me N9000 in Osun state.
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
aieromon:

You receive the temporary permit on the same day you get your biometric data captured. It cost me N9000 in Osun state.
thank you bro
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by creamierover: 4:00pm On May 07, 2015
Pls what r d complete number of papers a car should have to avoid Police and road safety delaying your car?
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Kunstay98: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
My own existing driver license is broken and the only part available now is small part that contains the driver license number and pls can it still work for renewal? And please how much could the renewal cost. Thanks
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by inze(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
Kunstay98:
My own existing driver license is broken and the only part available now is small part that contains the driver license number and pls can it still work for renewal? And please how much could the renewal cost. Thanks

https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/dlApplication/reissue

1 Like

Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by iamjayblogs: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please I went to register for a new drivers license but I at oniru frsc office bit I wasnt capture neither was I given a temporary license. I was only given a copy of the form I filled with a stamp and validity period of 3 months on the form. is that right?
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by pattybf(f): 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
iamjayblogs:
Please I went to register for a new drivers license but I at oniru frsc office bit I wasnt capture neither was I given a temporary license. I was only given a copy of the form I filled with a stamp and validity period of 3 months on the form. is that right?

it must ve be been attached wt a learners permit which is valid for 3months, otherwise only d form is not valid for even one minute!
Re: Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos by Desdemona(f): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2016
For many drivers, motor or auto insurance is more a pain than a benefit, with the pain partly being located in the high premiums they have to pay. But hey! There’s some good news; auto insurance protects you from personal liabilities should you be in an accident. What happens if you get hit by someone who doesn’t have insurance? If you do not have insurance either, chances are, that you will be faced with paying your own medical bills. Not cool! If you’re shown to be at fault in an accident, you may be required to pay for the repairs of the car that you hit. Fair enough, right? But not cool either, because this is money coming out from your pocket. Save yourself from uncertainties, from embarrassments, from unplanned expenditures…I bring to the table the good news about insuring your cars, buses, trucks with[b] ENSURE INSURANCE PLC.[/b]

Should you really be punished for having your car stolen or damaged?

Why should you be paid less than you insured for when a claim arises?

How quickly would you like to get back on the road after an accident?

How about a premium refund of 15% of 2years cumulative?

How about a 15% discount for all women and exclusively for men at 45 and above?

How about a replacement of your vehicle or the cash equivalent?

That’s not all!

We will not penalize you for Depreciation. You will get paid the full value of your adjusted claim.

Should you get injured in an accident while in your car, we will assist you with the payment of hospital bills up to N500, 000, while the occupants in your car get a sum aggregate of N250, 000.

You need to know that:

We settle claims promptly;

You get 15% cash back on your premiums if you make no claims after 24 months;

Female drivers receive an additional 15% discount.

DON’T JUST INSURE, PLEASE ENSURE!!!

I can be reached at: 070-5282-9300, WhatsApp inclusive.

(1) (Reply)

Free Internship Positions During The ASUU Strike. / Japanese Cars Vs German Cars - Which Do You Prefer To Use In Nigeria? / Demystifying CNG in Automobiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.