Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,486 members, 7,830,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Walking In The Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walking In The Spirit (728 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / The Spirit World. What's Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walking In The Spirit by rccgamg: 4:48am On Oct 08, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySq622frtAc

Sometimes we think that accepting Christ into our life's is all that is expected of us to while we walk on earth.
we might think in our selfs that after receiving Christ, it is O.K sin that Christ will forgive automatically from them all.
God expects us to walk in complete Holiness and purity.

1 Corinthians 11:1
"1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."

God knows however that we still have a battle between our flesh and soul.
Christ himself self provided a solution by sending the Holy Spirit, which is to guide us into all truth.

How do we allow the holy spirit to transform and perfect his holiness in our lives?
-Its a matter of receiving and accepting of receiving the Holy Ghost.
John20:22
-Accepting the Holy SPirit means we allow him take the decisions of my life.
-Accepting Jesus into our lives is the first step into living a righteousness

We cannot live in Christ and also live in Sin.

Galatians 5:17-18
"17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want."
"18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."

The Holy Spirit suppresses our flesh against sinning against God.
The Holy Spirit ejects the works of the Flesh i.e Envy, Strive, Lying, Cheating, Drunkenness.
The Holy Spirit transforms us and produce his fruit in our lives.

Galatians 5:22
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,"

The Spirit also transforms us to be like Christ.
The Holy SPirit empowers us to live against the flesh.
Belonging to Jesus crucifies our flesh, so introduces us to righteousness.

Colossians 3:5
"5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."

The Holy Spirit teaches us all Truth.
The Holy SPirirt gives glory to CHrist.

What does it mean to walk in the Spirit.
Obedience to Christ is the beginning of a walk in the spirit.

The Holy SPirit equips us to fight against the plans of the enemies.
The World, Flesh and the enemies are our enemies.
Christ has come to save us, to give us a new life and opportunity to eternal life.

Setting our lives to God should be done on a daily basis.
Success comes only from God.

The World cannot be defeat with the World, No!
There has to be light to defeat darkness.

The Holy Spirit helps us not to fail, fall and helps us to be faithful, gives us Joy, perfect our lifes.

Also, the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf when we are weak.

Living in real peace, contentment, Joy only the Holy SPirit can give us these gifts.

As Christians, without the Holy SPirtit you are nothing.
The Holy Spirit leads us in the paths of truth.

How do we allow thee Holy Spirit into our life's?
-Daily Meditation on God's word
-Accepting Jesus Christ and we automatically receive the Holy SPirit.
Re: Walking In The Spirit by DaWorshiper(m): 4:55am On Oct 08, 2014
God bless u.

(1) (Reply)

A Passage In The Bible That Is Usually Misinterpreted. / Photos : Over 5,000 Buffalo Slaughtered By Hindus To Bring Worshippers Goodluck / 2nd Unilorin Muslim Graduates' Association (UNILOMGA) Convergence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.