Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Imagne Where Nigeria Sponsors Her Pupils To - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imagne Where Nigeria Sponsors Her Pupils To (503 Views)

Unbelievable! See What A Primary School Teacher Is Teaching Her Pupils / See The Kind Of School Bus Conveying These Pupils To School (Photo) / Lagos Pupils To Pay N10,000 For Admission Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imagne Where Nigeria Sponsors Her Pupils To by CaptJHMiller: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Good morning everyone.
Just over two months ago I came across an add on nairaland that the kaduna state government had form on sale for overseas scholarship. This was limited to engineering graduates and medical students.
I had just come back to the state from lagos, so luckily for me I could buy the form and try to process it. It was sold for two thousand naira.
Anyways, They needed at most 3-5 students from each local government and I was from a very popular local government. I did some permutation and realised my chances were very slim, coupled with the fact that I didn't know anybody in the governing affairs of the state.
Fast forward to about a week ago when I came back for the sallah break, and I was having a conversation and the scholarships came up. I was told that people were cheated out of it and some people that got were later replaced with others and various other heart breaking stories. I was relieved that I didn't waste my money, then came the ultimate question. Where did they take them to?
I bet you I give 50 guesses you will not guess the country. Heck, 100 guesses!!
Wait for it, wait for it!
grin grin
Uganda!!!

I mean, it's a good thing they are trying to provide better education for her indigen, but come on! What could possibly make Uganda better to school in than nigeria, for the love?
I still can't think of a good enough reason!
Are they trying to say the quality of education in Uganda is better than that of Nigeria? Then that's a shame! Could it possible be for exposure? Can Uganda offer a better exposure than nigeria?
What reason could it be?
In Nigeria I believe we have some private schools that can offer decent education than uganda. The American university of Nigeria, covenant and the likes. UI, OAU I believe will be better in terms of public schools.

Rather than celebrating this as an achievement, I think it shows how much a failed state nigeria is.

source
Re: Imagne Where Nigeria Sponsors Her Pupils To by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
they don't have the money to take them outside Africa, and they know that the average Nigerian, on hearing that the scholarship is overseas, they will be hyper excited to apply thus bringing more revenue

(1) (Reply)

APPLY NOW For SHELL Graduates Recruitment 2014 / 2015/2016 Chevening Scholarships For Developing Countries / 10 Qoute Fron Bill Gate That Inspire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.