Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,248 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? (1352 Views)

Three Most Beautiful Words Cherished By A Married Woman Apart From I Love You / Most Heart-touching Life Experience Your Parents Ever Shared With You / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2014
Have your parents ever said the words 'I love you' to you?. How often do they say it? Why don't they say it? Does it mean they don't love us? Ofcourse they do! Or maybe, just maybe they are shy. Maybe they think the words are overrated or meant for only lovers. But here is the truth, the words 'I love you' sound better, sweeter, truther (don't mind my english), realer and more emotional when it comes from the mouth of our parents. Now if your parents have never openly said 'I love you' to you then break the jinx and tell tell them first. Do it today.....its so beautiful. Believe me they will not respond....it Will shock them for weeks. And if they respond, it will be with a shaky lips. Let's start from me! Heheheheh
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Nope! Probably because they are old school so I understand and I'm not hurt but will always say those beautiful words to my kids because I'm new school grin and I know better what it does to kids.

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2014
My mum says it to me once in a while. My dad practically reminds me everyday. I'm a big daddy's girl. grin tongue
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2014
Only over the phone. It's kinda awkward face-to-face. Showing affection makes us all a bit uneasy. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2014
Only to explain to me why they tell me to do something or not to do something.
My father would say this indirectly. He would say something like: "This is what parents who love their children do."
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Nope! Probably because they are old school so I understand and I'm not hurt but will always say those beautiful words to my kids because I'm new school grin and I know better what it does to kids.
try sayin it to your parents and get the reply back to us...heheheh
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Does you dad outrightly says 'I love you'
AdannayaBella:
My mum says it to me once in a while. My dad practically reminds me everyday. I'm a big daddy's girl. grin tongue
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2014
Seriously am thinkin on how to say it to may parents on phone even! You're lucky mate
alomosweets:
Only over the phone. It's kinda awkward face-to-face. Showing affection makes us all a bit uneasy. embarassed
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2014
Your dad is a smart guy. But why is it that hard? White people do it!
carefreewannabe:
Only to explain to me why they tell me to do something or not to do something.
My father would say this indirectly. He would say something like: "This is what parents who love their children do."

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:
Seriously am thinkin on how to say it to may parents on phone even! You're lucky mate
Here's a tip. Just blurt it out right before you hang up. You could keep doing that until you're confident enough to wait for a reply. cheesy
I started like that and subsequently my parents started saying it back. It made me even bolder so I could say it during conversation. cheesy wink
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:
It's not even about being white. It's the way people are brought up. I have a friend whose parents tell her all the time and even say it to themselves. She uses the words all the time.

There's an upside to not saying it often, I think. When you finally say it, it's because you really mean it and not because you're used to saying it.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:
Does you dad outrightly says 'I love you'
Yes.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:

Thanks. Indeed. Telling me that I am not allowed to do something because of love or that I am being punished in the name of love helped me accept their decisions better. wink

I think that the elderly white folks didn't do it that much. The elderly folks also hit their kids more than the younger generation.
I think the younger ones are more used to saying "I love you."
Times change everywhere.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Watch me do that!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahaha
alomosweets:
Here's a tip. Just blurt it out right before you hang up. You could keep doing that until you're confident enough to wait for a reply. cheesy
I started like that and subsequently my parents started saying it back. It made me even bolder so I could say it during conversation. cheesy wink
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yes there is. because as am abt to say it to my parents now they will think am goin to die lol
alomosweets:
It's not even about being white. It's the way people are brought up. I have a friend whose parents tell her all the time and even say it to themselves. She uses the words all the time.

There's an upside to not saying it often, I think. When you finally say it, it's because you really mean it and not because you're used to saying it.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Sometimes they aven say itjust to elude punishments
carefreewannabe:

Thanks. Indeed. Telling me that I am not allowed to do something because of love or that I am being punished in the name of love helped me accept their decisions better. wink

I think that the elderly white folks didn't do it that much. The elderly folks also hit their kids more than the younger generation.
I think the younger ones are more used to saying "I love you."
Times change everywhere.

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:
Sometimes they aven say itjust to elude punishments

I don't understand.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by PasD(m): 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Forgive my keypads. Sometimes the white kids say the words to their parents not because they meant it but when they hav don sumfin bad. Dntknw if u grab?
carefreewannabe:

I don't understand.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
PasD:
Forgive my keypads. Sometimes the white kids say the words to their parents not because they meant it but when they hav don sumfin bad. Dntknw if u grab?

We were talking about parents saying these words, weren't we?

I wasn't talking about kids saying these words.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
my mum says it...but i never reply....i just smile and be like limijor tongue

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by Nosyke(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
I Love you ke.......for where? If i hear............ But I know they do.

I havent said it either....I guess we all are old school? undecided

However, I will practically sing it to my kids.......when the time reaches. wink wink
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Said The Words 'I LOVE YOU' To You? by ItsAaliyah: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
My dad only says it on text messages.......Mumcy says it all the time.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Dead To Me! / My Father Called Me Mother One Day On The Phone / Every Woman..... Food For Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.