Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (611032 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by crudedude(m): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olutola88:
Thank you. Information like we all know is power. A lot of people always want to know this pay information in order to know what decisions to take at critical times.

When I told a friend how much some commercial banks in Nigeria offer fresh graduates, the first thing she said was. “Are you serious? Why then have I been saying I can't work in a bank”. I have also seen some people that got disappointed after seeing the pay in their offer letters.

It is also useful for someone like me because a lot friends and some younger ones rely on me for a whole lot of information. I love that feeling of always being that mobile encyclopaedia, that very resourceful individual. I simply love to be relevant.

Still don't get the edge or power that this information gives apart from one day dreaming of a salary he's yet to even scale its job test. The info doesn't stop any serious job seeker from applying to every company he feels he meets their qualification.

Where its most handy (I think) is when one is being asked the how-much-can-we-pay-you-question in job interviews. If its in the case of having to choose between two gotten offers one should already be aware of the pay packages.

IMHO, More focus should be on excellence/self improvement 'cause no matter how many salary structure I know of it is zero if I can't scale job tests or deliver when expected to. That being said I must commend you on your write ups on NL. I enjoy them too.

God bless our hustle.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
blank:

It will. Try and calculate pension and tax on your own and you will see. FYI, they pay full tax according to Nig Law and Pension is now 8% employee, 10% employer. Therefore, pension is about 14k and PAYE is about 35k.
35K as tax? Out of 171K? That's around 20%. Ma, don't you think that's outrageous? I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by blank(f): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olutola88:
35K as tax? Out of 171K? That's around 20%. Ma, don't you think that's outrageous? I stand to be corrected

What do you think is the effective tax rate in Nigeria? 19 or 20% effective tax rate. Do the calculation yourself as there is now consolidated relief.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
crudedude:

Still don't get the edge or power that this information gives apart from one day dreaming of a salary he's yet to even scale its job test. The info doesn't stop any serious job seeker from applying to every company he feels he meets their qualification.

Where its most handy (I think) is when one is being asked the how-much-can-we-pay-you-question in job interviews. If its in the case of having to choose between two gotten offers one should already be aware of the pay packages.

IMHO, More focus should be on excellence/self improvement 'cause no matter how many salary structure I know of it is zero if I can't scale job tests or deliver when expected to. That being said I must commend you on your write ups on NL. I enjoy them too.

God bless our hustle.
Thanks bro. Like I said earlier the benefits of information is endless. You have also mentioned one as this info could help an interviewee know the range to mention when asked how much he or she could be offered. Once again, thanks a lot. I'm elated we are all learning

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by debbie(f): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
@olutola88 pls how much does GE pay their graduates? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
So my babe working with diamond bank has been lying to me cry she's a graduate trainee and she told me she earns 75k. She has to return all my money asap.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by beau49: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
MarvellousGod:
some of them don't look it cos maybe they're contract staff..also, bank work is tedious. .. The salaries he gave above for banks are correct according to what I hv heard...

The amount he mentioned for kpmg is for Chattered ones I think

Well,your explanation made sense. I am just surprised they pay some people that much, all I have heard is from 70k and the likes.....lol....

That means the money they ought to use in employing one staff,they split into smaller amount to employ contract staff, so they end up paying less for more work(ers)and pocketing the rest.

Them do well.

5 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by seagullbabz(m): 2:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
Access bank - 237k
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
colly227:
So my babe working with diamond bank has been lying to me cry she's a graduate trainee and she told me she earns 75k. She has to return all my money asap.
lmao

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
s3nn2x:
I see.
See money!!! I wonder why people are still looking for civil service job when there is money in the private sector. I think I am going to resign this week. wink
Make I comot for here. This is way out of my league.

Anyway, how much does UBA pay their staff?
My sister is always complaining of not having money.

60k while in banking sch
For ETOP its 145k

For ET 171k

How come this auditing firms(PWC,KPMG) pay so small. Omo no be by brand o, organization brand name no dey pay the bills.

Though i hear abt 8k is being been deducted for tax again, but that the last I have.

Who know how much IBM pays its entry level?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
seagullbabz:
Access bank - 237k
Is it now up to that? After tax and pension? Though, I learnt it was reviewed some months ago
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
This is the most delusional thread I have seen. I knoW diamond bank pay 25k to their marketers. May that's what the head oF operations earn in a branch.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Tmany(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
beau49:
Seriously!!! Banks pay that much yet some of them don't even look it.....mmmm....I find that hard to believe though.
you will be surprised when you check the percentage of staff that get such alert on 25th compared to those that collect 25-80k.

4 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Tmany(m): 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
bossmini84:
This is the most delusional thread I have seen. I knoW diamond bank pay 25k to their marketers. May that's what the head oF operations earn in a branch.
Bro they don't call them marketers, they called Direct Sales Agents .
Markers don't hawk Account opening form on the street

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
bossmini84:
sir, don't get it twisted. Anyone that earns 25K is definitely not a Diamond Staff. Anyone on contract appointment isn't a staff. We are talking about core members of staff that get in through the graduate trainee programme.

5 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tmany:
Bro they don't call them marketers, they called Direct Sales Agents .
Markers don't hawk Account opening form on the street
I didn't want to say that before but this my bro no fit hold am for body. They are DSAs.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by beau49: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Tmany:
you will be surprised when you check the percentage of staff that get such alert on 25th compared to those that collect 25-80k.

Lol....so true

What can one do? Heaven help us
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Lero15(m): 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
See as this thread dey gather traffic...una too like money grin grin grin
The awkward moment when u see here a salary scale of a coy wey knack you regret mail..u start sobbing cry
grin cheesy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by seagullbabz(m): 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olutola88:
Is it now up to that? After tax and pension? Though, I learnt it was reviewed some months ago

It is, according to my inlaw who is resuming there after his training school, said his net is 237k and they are giving them a car worth 2.5m at 0% interest.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
debbie:
@olutola88 pls how much does GE pay their graduates? angry
Madam, I'm not sure of the exact figure but it is over 200,000

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
colly227:
gringringringringringrin grin Dammmit I'm laughing so hard here. Thank you for making my day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
seagullbabz:

It is, according to my inlaw who is resuming there after his training school, said his net is 237k and they are giving them a car worth 2.5m at 0% interest.
. Thanks for you contribution. I will confirm from a friend
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Lero15:
See as this thread dey gather traffic...una too like money grin grin grin
The awkward moment when u see here a salary scale of a coy wey knack you regret mail..u start sobbing cry
grin cheesy
From you post, an intelligent individual can deduce that you are an experienced job seeker. Lero15 my nigga, how the hustle?

4 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by idu1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
Na luk i dey............
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
This thread will stir mixed reactions among nairalander. Although i feel it's best to get informed. To students going through this thread, if you want that 200K paying job so bad please read your books. To hustler like myself, let's go back to the drawing board grin MONEY MUST BE MADE!
Cheers smiley

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Lero15(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olutola88:
From you post, an intelligent individual can deduce that you are an experienced job seeker. Lero15 my nigga, how the hustle?
Life's Good with God.

4 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
Yea, I hear ge pays over 300 sef,Btw what of them stock brokers na nobody know their own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
colly227:
naso e dey happen o, my friend babe dey enterprise, 2.99m gross, she say na 960 gross hahahhahahah, dont blame dem, dey dont want u to maga dem
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
First Bank of Nigeria pays around 150,000 but the employee will enjoy some benefits like profit sharing and leave allowance which some people claim is up to 300,000. I stand to be corrected

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
colly227:
grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue

Maybe she's not been confirmed yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by debbie(f): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
ok ,thanks......and their recruitment is that tight. shocked shocked
Olutola88:
Madam, I'm not sure of the exact figure but it is over 200,000
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
beau49:

Well,your explanation made sense. I am just surprised they pay some people that much, all I have heard is from 70k and the likes.....lol....

That means the money they ought to use in employing one staff,they split into smaller amount to employ contract staff, so they end up paying less for more work(ers)and pocketing the rest.

Them do well.
I'm telling you, many companies do that, even top companies... I really wish this contract staff thing will be stopped or their benefits be reviewed In Nigeria. . Unfortunately, it's even the contract staff that do most of the works most times, after they will be denied of many benefits, some are not even entitled to laeve...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.