Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Marriage Dilemma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Dilemma (5939 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / Sex In Marriage Dilemma / Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2014
It started when I was in the university. While my friends were having partners and getting into relationships I was breaking up with guys and not feeling a bit bothered by it.
When they talk about marriage I'm hardly interested. I thought maybe I was young that was why. Now I'm 25 and still not feeling like getting married. Infact the thought irritates me..I go to church programs and see children everywhere and am like why r these people getting married?? For what? Purposeless marriages. Just bring children into the world and leave them to overpopulate the nation. Hungry looking children everywhere.

Sometimes I hate myself for not understanding these things and why i can't be happy for others. I don't see any good in it. Can someone tell me why marriage is important? And please don't say companionship, chidren, or society. I care for none of those.

Secondly I began to think I might be (please don't judge me for this) homosexual. I know with nigerian culture and christianity, this is wrong. Even I hate the thought of it and will condemn anyone involved but lately I'm beginning to think it might be natural. If there is any possibility that I am one, I want to know so I can pray about it, do deliverance or something.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Dilemma by ammyluv2002(f): 11:07am On Oct 08, 2014
You're just not ready. I was like you during my NYSC days but as years dey go no be person tell me so just take your life as it comes, you will be ready when the time is right

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2014
ur just a mean person. look at the words you chose to describe people living their lives and barring you from nothing. if you had power or enough forces under your control, u would be hyperactive with your hatred and bring people down to misery. are you doubtful of your sexůal orientation... have you been involved with or attracted to your sex before? even at that, u have no reason to think stupìd of other people's steps to personal fulfilment

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2014
I just dnt knw what to say to this Op. undecided undecided
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2014
spotit:
ur just a mean person. look at the words you chose to describe people living their lives and barring you from nothing. if you had power or enough forces under your control, u would be hyperactive with your hatred and bring people down to misery. are you doubtful of your sexůal orientation... have you been involved with or attracted to your sex before? even at that, u have no reason to think stupìd of other people's steps to personal fulfilment

Heyyy. Am the one in a fix here and looking for help. I'm being honest about my feelings and in no way am I justifying them. I cant help it okay?

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

Heyyy. Am the one in a fix here and looking for help. I'm being honest about my feelings and in no way am I justifying them. I cant help it okay?
I'll be very honest with you now. what you have related on here are early signs of mental health trouble. mental health diagnoses cover a very large spectrum, so i wouldn't instantly conclude you're likely getting depression. meet a counsellor, first be open to higher advice and relocate as quickly as you could

1 Like

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Can someone tell me why marriage is important? And please don't say companionship, chidren, or society. I care for none of those.
if those importance of marriage you listed above doesn't seem to be important enough, I see no other explanation that will help you. Like the FTC said, You are not ready yet, the thought of marrying go soon flash you.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

I was really right. I once talked about people who arent captivated/fancy the idea of marriage at all. Perhaps you are just among the very few breed of humans. You know just like Oprah and the rest. I just feel like if you dnt fancy it at the Mo, then you shouldnt go into it and make your spouse suffer. thats all. Go into it when your mentality changes.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Dilemma by 5minsmadness: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:
It started when I was in the university. While my friends were having partners and getting into relationships I was breaking up with guys and not feeling a bit bothered by it.
When they talk about marriage I'm hardly interested. I thought maybe I was young that was why. Now I'm 25 and still not feeling like getting married. Infact the thought irritates me..I go to church programs and see children everywhere and am like why r these people getting married?? For what? Purposeless marriages. Just bring children into the world and leave them to overpopulate the nation. Hungry looking children everywhere.

Sometimes I hate myself for not understanding these things and why i can't be happy for others. I don't see any good in it. Can someone tell me why marriage is important? And please don't say companionship, chidren, or society. I care for none of those.

You are a bitter person. You need healing.

The homosexual thing is a projection from your bitterness. You see no reason to engage in a meaningful relationship with members of the opposite sex and as the years go by you have begun to seek comfort in members of your own sex.

The issue now is...what happened to you? Was it emotional or physical? Were you bullied, raped, emotionally abused, beaten, etc, or did you see any of these happen to someone you cared deeply about?

Finding the root of the problem is the first step to solving it.

Of course in a faceless forum like this you will find people that will tell you everything you are feeling is normal. That there is nothing wrong with you. That is to be expected.

But you know there is something wrong hence your complaint and wanting to share your thoughts.

Find the root of the problem. From there it can be tackled and uprooted and things will slowly but surely become normal for you again.

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
^^ this post of yours actually made me check her profile now...i was right about her pointers to a disturbing mental health.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
5minsmadness:

You are a bitter person. You need healing.
The homosexual thing is a projection from your bitterness. You see no reason to engage in a meaningful relationship with members of the opposite sex and as the years go by you have begun to seek comfort in members of your own sex.
The issue now is...what happened to you? Was it emotional or physical? Were you bullied, raped, emotionally abused, beaten, etc, or did you see any of these happen to someone you cared deeply about?
Finding the root of the problem is the first step to solving it.
Of course in a faceless forum like this you will find people that will tell you everything you are feeling is normal. That there is nothing wrong with you. That is to be expected.
But you know there is something wrong hence your complaint and wanting to share your thoughts.
Find the root of the problem. From there it can be tackled and uprooted and things will slowly but surely become normal for you again.
This.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Dilemma by thorpido(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Op,did you grow up with your parents and was there harmony between them?

I peeked at your profile and I can conclude you are showing early signs of depression.
Re: Marriage Dilemma by pickabeau1: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Secondly I began to think I might be (please don't judge me for this) homosexual. I know with nigerian culture and christianity, this is wrong. Even I hate the thought of it and will condemn anyone involved but lately I'm beginning to think it might be natural. If there is any possibility that I am one, I want to know so I can pray about it, do deliverance or something.

Please can u explain the bolded
You cant see any good in what,,..marriage or men?
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
^ that is a loner's way of saying "i'm ultra antisocial, i will be better off left in my solitary misanthropy"

but the goodnews is, there's a solution. find it. it's way better than reaffirming to yourself what lies the darkness is wispering in your ears.

btw, I'm not touting any particular religion to her
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
Both.

pickabeau1:

Please can u explain the bolded
You cant see any good in what,,..marriage or men?
Re: Marriage Dilemma by pickabeau1: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:
Both.

Men i understand

Marriage - strange .. even homosexuals and lesbians want to marry hence the basis of their campaign for marriage equality

So this is a man issue
Is the isue that strong that u harbour such anger towards innocent kids...product of marriage
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
The kids are innocent I know. Thats why I believe they shouldn't be brought into the world and allowed to suffer. U get what I mean?

By the way for those who talk about mental issues. I might agree that I Get depressed alot and am usually sad. But that has nothing to do with this. And I dont think its that disturbing @spotity

I have no serious traumatic experience so far that I can remember.
Re: Marriage Dilemma by pickabeau1: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:
The kids are innocent I know. Thats why I believe they shouldn't be brought into the world and allowed to suffer. U get what I mean?

By the way for those who talk about mental issues. I might agree that I Get depressed alot and am usually sad. But that has nothing to do with this. And I dont think its that disturbing @spotity

if the kids are innocent, why refer to them as hungry looking
Re: Marriage Dilemma by 5minsmadness: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
thorpido:
Op,did you grow up with your parents and was there harmony between them?

I peeked at your profile and I can conclude you are showing early signs of depression.
I wouldnt say she is depressed. More of antisocial behavioural type C, or paranoia secondary to post traumatic stress disorder. Such people are shy, reserved, not interested in social mingling, might view others as discussing or thinking about them in a negative light, exceedingly apathetic i.e they don't care at all , or exceedingly empathetic i.e they care too much.

Its not a mental illness pls. Just a social dysfunction.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

@bolded, it has everything to with it, I suggest you seek help maybe from a psychologist or counsellor before you get worse...Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Marriage Dilemma by 5minsmadness: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

What do you think the children are going to suffer when they come into this world?
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
5minsmadness:

I wouldnt say she is depressed. More of antisocial behavioural type C, or paranoia secondary to post traumatic stress disorder. Such people are shy, reserved, not interested in social mingling, might view others as discussing or thinking about them in a negative light, exceedingly apathetic i.e they don't care at all , or exceedingly empathetic i.e they care too much.

dysfunction.
Re: Marriage Dilemma by BrunoMads: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
OP needs a long and thick Preek to reset her brain. ....

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

u don't have to be a full-blown psychotic or schizophrenic to pass in that category. your thoughts patterns are of utmost importance....again u might have used or still be using moodiness/passive aggressiveness to disrupt social stability/happiness amongst people you interact with.

if it's not conventional, then it's open to questioning...and it has to be disturbing (even if to the slightest degree) to be examined or to give you enough personal concerns to bring it up here
Re: Marriage Dilemma by pickabeau1: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
BrunoMads:
OP needs a long and thick Preek to reset her brain. ....
kolo grin
This is also something i thought of...i think she needs more of companionship and understanding..She seems to be alone/lonely
Re: Marriage Dilemma by warrior01: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
The Op is obviously depressed and needs help pronto! I hope she starts communicating more instead of bottling all inside; it really helps.
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
@op: There is nothing wrong with you. And please, pay no mind to people that are calling you crazy or bitter.

It is okay for you not to fancy marriage. Marriage is not compulsory. It is acceptable if you don't want to have kids either, it's your choice to make.

I will recommend that you search deep within yourself, it's important to know if this decision came as a result of something. What did you witness growing up? How was your parent/guardian's marriage? Did you witness a lot of failed marriages?

You seem to be irritated at marriage because of the idea of bearing kids. I'm not sure but that's what I got from your post. You don't have to have kids when you get married, just find a spouse that shares your sentiments.

Do not let anybody make you feel batsh1t crazy, there is not wrong with you. You just need to understand yourself more; It's advisable you talk to someone that can help you understand yourself better, like a psychologist.

Another thing I can say is, you might not want to be in bondage of the norm. You might not want to end up having kids because that is simply not the life you envision for yourslef. You have a dream and marriage doesn't fit in it. That is fine.

I, personally, will not advice anybody to get married at the age of 25.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by thorpido(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
5minsmadness:

You could be right but she obviously needs help.

Preshuzpearl,have you ever had a boyfriend?
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
BananaBender:
@op: There is nothing wrong with you. And please, pay no mind to people that are calling you crazy or bitter.

It is okay for you not to fancy marriage. Marriage is not compulsory. It is acceptable if you don't want to have kids either, it's your choice to make.

I will recommend that you search deep within yourself, it's important to know if this decision came as a result of something. What did you witness growing up? How was your parent/guardian's marriage? Did you witness a lot of failed marriages?

You seem to be irritated at marriage because of the idea of bearing kids. I'm not sure but that's what I got from your post. You don't have to have kids when you get married, just find a spouse that shares your sentiments.

Do not let anybody make you feel batsh1t crazy, there is not wrong with you. You just need to understand yourself more; It's advisable you talk to someone that can help you understand yourself better, like a psychologist.

Another thing I can say is, you might not want to be in bondage of the norm. You might not want to end up having kids because that is simply not the life you envision for yourslef. You have a dream and marriage doesn't fit in it. That is fine.

I, personally, will not advice anybody to get married at the age of 25.
i find this a tad funny that you would recommend a psychologist for someone who is according to you, perfect.

a mature 25year old uni graduate who has had a working experience with people. her mind is obviously educated and enlightened/liberated enough to sort out the identity issues reminiscent of unlearned teenage...
Re: Marriage Dilemma by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
spotit:
i find this a tad funny that you would recommend a psychologist for someone who is according to you, perfect.

I never called her perfect, no one can claim to be perfect. You don't have to be crazy to see a psychologist.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Arsenate(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
spotit:
a mature 25year old uni graduate who has had a working experience with people. her mind is obviously educated and enlightened/liberated enough to sort out the identity issues reminiscent with unlearned teenage...
loool
I love nairaland

1 Like

Re: Marriage Dilemma by Dcholeric: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
preshuzpearl:

the kids shouldn't be brought to suffer?
who told you all the kids in the world are suffering?
if you feel it is better for those kids not to exist or to die, I think it would pay you more to take your life, at least show them a good example and also help the society from this your hatred (since you hate anything with life in it so much)
those kids deserve life and the choice to live.
and for the men hatred, here is a suggestion, since you can't kill all the men and little male children, why don't you just kill yourself and be at peace?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When He Can't Get Up Down There / Can A Two Brothers Marry From The Same Family? / She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.