Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,903 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him (18984 Views)

Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election / APC To Appeal Tribunal’s Judgment On Akwa Ibom Governorship Poll / Boko Haram: 50 Lawyers To Storm The Hague For Prosecution Of Sheriff, Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by sunnyprof: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=berem post=26969183]Absolutely none of my business!

U think so, it will soon happen in your backyard, then, it will be all of your business.

You better learn from this now and contribute to ensure the right thing is done once and for all (Total Quality Management precedence)
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by sunnyprof: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
superstar1:
PDP 1 APGA 0 (Obi)

PDP 1 LP 0 (Mimiko)

PDP 1 APC 3 (Ekiti vs OSun, Nasarawa and Adamawa)

We need the PS4 Game of Nigerian Politics.

see pool betting ? Pamm 3 from 4 hahahaha
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Omimah: 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Descartes:
Na lie I talk? I sabi the drift. From Sanusi allegation to #NyakoGenoicideLetter to #ChibokGirls to #NyakoImpeachment to SA #ArmDealGate to #EkitiSaga to...this one. Final bullet: Don't follow or defend an average Nigerian politician sheeply they will betray you leave at cross roads. #Fact
You're right. No wonder Amaechi said there could be no revolution in Nigeria. Our politicians understand how timid we are.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by gabwcx0: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Are both not PDP,the acting and the deputy governor?
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by luluosas(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
PDP will be fighting against themselves if Fintiri ever challenge this move.

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Consultville(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Politics, The Judiciary hmm
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by gebest: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
EKITI IS NEXT
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by brainpower(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
kel4soft:

Please I am yet to get your point here. From the word go, Finitri should not have been Governor since Nyarko was not yet impeached before he read his letter.

Don't get me wrong o, I don't have a problem with the judgment. Its just that he has gone to the appeal court, even though he knows it may not work out for him. In this country we have this tradition that even if you lose an election or win, it must go to the tribunal. And some people believe that this is a victory for pdp while some believe its for apc. But if the judiciary is autonomous, atleast we can be sure of most of the judgments and even the court cases will reduce.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Gynacologist(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
humpito:
A very predictable act.
in wat sense?
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Whatspapping: 12:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Jokers...... When will nija mature?
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by flybiz08(m): 5:09am On Oct 09, 2014
He may still find his way back
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by bundur(m): 6:04am On Oct 09, 2014
Fintiri used n dumped

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by peter4d2(m): 8:11am On Oct 09, 2014
fowowe411:
The blame is not wholly on the judiciary but the existing laws,tell your law-makers to make non-vague,non-ambiguous laws on corruption then let's watch the judge that will not apply it when necessary.But the lawmakers will not do so willingly because they are beneficiaries of the bad system.

Well even d existing ones are not being observed take lagos state as a case study;bikes r bin banned on major highways,use of sirens by police bin banned also n d very FOI bill passed @ d centre wch is bin practised
In all wat I see is even d little indepent grp we used 2 hv back den has also crumbled.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by eledacedar(f): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2014
brainpower:
As expected. But I am really confused about this one. And by the way, where does Atiku fall in this story? Is he happy or sad? Our politicians are ridiculing our judiciary. I think the judiciary should be 100percent autonomous. But most of our judges are also politicians. May God help us. All the money they will spend in this fight will still be from the state coffers which is from oil.

Democracy and elections have paid billions of naira to lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by eledacedar(f): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2014
wellmax:

Nice thinking. And its the truth, its just gonna create a serious constitutional problem. I hope the Judiciary is watching closely and acts quickly to resolve this.

In short, the Nigerian version of democracy is failing. The guiding rules(constitution) were not made for Nigerians, by Nigerians and of Nigerian future in mind.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Winny28(f): 9:42am On Oct 10, 2014
Dats better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Hit Borno Mosque / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / Edo: INEC Tells 15 Political Parties To Conduct Their Primaries In 10 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.