Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him (18994 Views)

Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election / APC To Appeal Tribunal’s Judgment On Akwa Ibom Governorship Poll / Boko Haram: 50 Lawyers To Storm The Hague For Prosecution Of Sheriff, Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by jibsai(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
It is a political igiHaga, political cricuncracun
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by sunbracosun(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
No comment
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nigerian Politics....

A game of litigation.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by superstar1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
PDP 1 APGA 0 (Obi)

PDP 1 LP 0 (Mimiko)

PDP 1 APC 3 (Ekiti vs OSun, Nasarawa and Adamawa)

We need the PS4 Game of Nigerian Politics.

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Skipfr(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Naija I hail theeeeee

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by sunbracosun(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kudos to our judiciary

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
naija politics self....make i zipup ma mouth sha
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by fowowe411: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
peter4d2:
Thr was a thread on nairaland talking abt wat we wished 2 change in nigeria n I mentioned dat d judiciary system shuld b strenghtened cos its a vital system of a developing con3 but in naija d law its 4 poor

Wen a politicians steals billions he wuld only b asked 2 pay half a million but if a young working boi is bin caught apart of outright seizure he culd b placed in life imprisonment.
The blame is not wholly on the judiciary but the existing laws,tell your law-makers to make non-vague,non-ambiguous laws on corruption then let's watch the judge that will not apply it when necessary.But the lawmakers will not do so willingly because they are beneficiaries of the bad system.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by wellmax(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
desgiezd:
The Acting Governor will still lose the appeal, his ascension to the throne was a nullity ab initio! I guess he wants to buy time and enjoy/embezzle as much as he can before he is finally booted out probably by the Supreme Court because I'm sure he'll still go to Supreme court in case he fails at the Appeal Court.

Also, I perceive a constitutional problem here, before finally dispensing with this case, what happens to the timeline given in the constitution within which an election must be held?

Nice thinking. And its the truth, its just gonna create a serious constitutional problem. I hope the Judiciary is watching closely and acts quickly to resolve this.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
typing....
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
From my little knowledge of the constitution, a deputy governor can only hand over his resignation to a sitting Governor. Ngilari, against the provision of the constitution, handed his resignation to the speaker of house of assembly in yola shortly before Nyako was impeached. Clearly he was outsmarted by Fintiri at the time. Finitiri got power through the back door. The constitution supersedes any law. He is only wasting his time and resources appealing.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by mistudreh(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
We talking money, u talking nonsense.... Make Mr. Fintiri go siddon.
Atiku's money is speaking.

APC!!!!!!!!! CHANGEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Whizzdom(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
All the money wey you don chop as Acting Governor neva belle full you abi

No problem! ... DiarisGod in everytin we are doing ... you hear?

All the money we are emblezzing ... DiarisGod

So take time now ..... you don chop ...

Let anoda person chop too .... or don't you knw dah dis is a National Cake?

If you eat too much of National Cake ... you will get JediJedi ...

Wen you get JediJedi .. there is no cure for it ......

It is either you are taking to prison or you are removed from power

All dis Stupid Idiots won ruin Nigeria ... eating unnecessary National Cake

I wan see how una go carry all the money go Heaven

DiarisGod

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by morezzz(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
politics no dey tire u ha
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by san316(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Appeal it o. After your first political abragadabra, you succeeded which made you relax and focus on re-election forgetting that ''you do not defeat your enemy and leave him half dead because, when he survives, he comes back wiser, stronger and more dangerous''. Fintiri you shouldn't have relaxed, now the sweet honey of power will be taken away from you now that you've tasted it and want more.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Omimah: 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Descartes:
This is a subtle way to keep our minds off the South African #ArmDealGate . Just watch out , this will be the trending news from now on. Political Clowns angry
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by lordsilver: 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
I thought that he suppose 2 leave d seat immediately
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by RealSleek(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Kagarko(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=lekanolas post=26966811]Adamawa State Acting Governor Umar Fintiri on Wednesday said he has instructed his lawyers to appeal against Federal High Court judgment removing him from office.

An Abuja High Court had earlier on Wednesday asked Fintiri to vacate office as acting governor of the state.

The court noted that his swearing-in as acting governor was illegal and unconstitutional.

The court presided over by Justice Ademola Adeniyi also ordered that the former deputy governor of Adamawa state, Bala Ngilari, be sworn in as the substantive gove

I expected it. Unfortunately for Ngilari it was Fintiri that accepted his resignation letter. Ngilari is a betrayer.
He shall soon meet his water loo.
Agenda Agenda Agenda. It will definitely fail. Infact it has failed already.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Descartes: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=Omimah post=26969965][/quote] Na lie I talk? I sabi the drift. From Sanusi allegation to #NyakoGenoicideLetter to #ChibokGirls to #NyakoImpeachment to SA #ArmDealGate to #EkitiSaga to...this one. Final bullet: Don't follow or defend an average Nigerian politician sheeply they will betray you leave and leave at cross roads. #Fact

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by size38: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
An exercise in futility. Am not a lawyer, but I knew PDP will lose this case. PDP taking over Adamawa through the back door. Kudos to the Judiciary once again.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Eeser: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ever had that awkard moment when you slaughter a chicken and thinking it is dead, you relaxed your hold. Only to see your headless chicken on the run huh?
That's what Fintiri is facing now
Adamawa we hail thee.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by fairheven: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Is he still in the office?where is he appealing from,inside or outside?he is suppose to obey the last order,by vacating office,before appealing any judgement cool
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by Descartes: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
When it comes to Political Strategy just leave it to PDP. They have their moles in all political parties formed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by fairheven: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
fowowe411:
The blame is not wholly on the judiciary but the existing laws,tell your law-makers to make non-vague,non-ambiguous laws on corruption then let's watch the judge that will not apply it when necessary.But the lawmakers will not do so willingly because they are beneficiaries of the bad system.
Bro.even if they enact such laws,your politicians will always find a way to circumvent the law,our problem is that we have individuals who are bigger that our institutions..like the judiciary..the reason Obama was quoted as saying that "Africa needs strong institutions and not strong men" cool

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by kel4soft: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
brainpower:
As expected. But I am really confused about this one. And by the way, where does Atiku fall in this story? Is he happy or sad? Our politicians are ridiculing our judiciary. I think the judiciary should be 100percent autonomous. But most of our judges are also politicians. May God help us. All the money they will spend in this fight will still be from the state coffers which is from oil.

Please I am yet to get your point here. From the word go, Finitri should not have been Governor since Nyarko was not yet impeached before he read his letter.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by koikoi2(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
Finitri, Bala, Nyako and d judiciary are all confused.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by SEYIKP(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nigerian politicians with their greedy lifestyle, why is he going for appeal? since this while he had been the governor on the platter of gold. He's still going to court to waste the loot he had acquired. Useless man.
Re: Adamawa Acting Governor Instructs Lawyers To Appeal Court Judgement Sacking Him by fpeter(f): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Babyboy1986:
But in woman.

sometimes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals / Ebenezer Babatope: Why I Want Obaseki To Defeat Oshiomhole / Demola Seriki Buys Lagos Central APC Senatorial Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.