Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium (944 Views)

Mourinho: Pushing Wenger Would've Landed Me A Stadium Ban / Why Build A Stadium In Abuja? / Watching A Football Match At A Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium by dafe303: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
So Saudi Arabia men are very angry because they spotted a woman cheering in the stand for a Saudi Arabia football team....lol. I can't even imagine what they would do to me if I was a citizen there.

A female spectator cheering for a Saudi football team has angered men on social media in the country. Her team lost, so it's no wonder she was frustrated. Saudi Arabia's Al Hilal were defeated 2-1 by the UAE's Al Ain in the Asian Champions League semi-finals last week. A clip of the match has been viewed almost 400,000 times on YouTube, but it's not the scything tackle on a player from Al Hilal that angered fans commenting on it.

Following the tackle, the camera picks out an angry fan of the Saudi team - a woman fully covered in a black abaya and burka. In Saudi Arabia itself, women are banned from attending football matches, but since the game was taking place in the UAE, this spectator - together with several other women cheering for Saudi, like those pictured above - were able to join her fellow male supporters in the stadium.
Over 900 people have commented on the clip, most of them angry men, critical of the unidentified woman for being in a stadium filled with thousands of men. "Women aren't interested in football, so why go to a stadium to watch a live match?" wrote one. "Does this woman not have a man? Her place is in the house," said another. Many who oppose women being allowed into stadia say it encourages immoral and sinful behaviour. Others say it puts women at risk of being harassed.

Lina Al Maena, a former athlete and advocate for girls' sports in Saudi Arabia, takes issue with the idea that women should stay away to save themselves from harassment. "Women are harassed whether in malls or on the streets, so I don't understand why stadia would be any different," she says, adding "why should I be punished for a man's actions?"

She thinks that attitudes may be changing, however. "There's a lot more acceptance of women's involvement in sports today than there used to be a decade ago," she says. Local newspaper reports in Saudi Arabia suggest the government is considering building separate sections in stadia for female spectators.
http://dayosports..com/2014/10/saudi-arabia-men-angry-because-woman.html
pls visit www.dayosports..com for various sports news and gossip
Re: Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium by coolebux(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
hmmm
Re: Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium by tinuolababy(f): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
na wah o
Re: Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium by madmadu(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
GAY!!!
Re: Saudi Arabia Men Angry Because A Woman Was Spotted In A Stadium by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
man made law

(1) (Reply)

The Strongest Footballer In The World Is A Nigerian According To Fifa / Vincent Enyeama Named In World Top 10 Goalkeepers / Zenith St. Petersburg Won 18nil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.