Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? (2631 Views)

Is it proper for My Younger Brother to Bring Girls into My Room? / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / Please Help In Advicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
never mind my language please....am just curious..
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
NO SIR,what's the essence of the advice if they're going to lie to them
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
You mean;

Daughter: mum what's sex?

Mother: my dear,did you say sex,it's very bad o...

Daughter: mum how do people get pregnant?

Mother: my dear,don't go close to boys,don't allow them to touch you,.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by DesChyko: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2014
It isn't proper, but it is necessary.
They'll find out the truth in the long run, the most important thing being the great lesson underneath.
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 09, 2014
It depends on the age of the kid and what you are lying about
My dad always came first
My mum always came first
My uncles always came first
. . . .now I know better grin
But I belevied them all at the time and I wanted to be like them and worked hard to acheive that

I also beleived that if I watched too much TV my eyes would go square and I beleved that if I broke a plate, I will get tribal marks shocked

It helped me then though and I was very careful when I washed plates.

I say some things to my kids that I am sure when they are older will just laugh, such as rice coming out of their ears as a result of eating too much rice.
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by justmag(m): 8:36am On Oct 09, 2014
I think it's a VERY bad idea regardless of the circumstance

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by djeezy(m): 8:40am On Oct 09, 2014
You don't lie to your kids no matter what. Sooner or later they're gonna find out the truth and thats only gonna make you a liar.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
NO SIR,what's the essence of the advice if they're going to lie to them
...i mean like telling false stories as almost same incident
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 8:54am On Oct 09, 2014
djeezy:
You don't lie to your kids no matter what. Sooner or later they're gonna find out the truth and thats only gonna make you a liar.
...sure talk
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 8:58am On Oct 09, 2014
chaircover:
It depends on the age of the kid and what you are lying about
My dad always came first
My mum always came first
My uncles always came first
. . . .now I know better grin
But I belevied them all at the time and I wanted to be like them and worked hard to acheive that

I also beleived that if I watched too much TV my eyes would go square and I beleved that if I broke a plate, I will get tribal marks shocked

It helped me then though and I was very careful when I washed plates.

I say some things to my kids that I am sure when they are older will just laugh, such as rice coming out of their ears as a result of eating too much rice.
lolz.....a time like that will defintely come
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2014
DesChyko:
It isn't proper, but it is necessary.
They'll find out the truth in the long run, the most important thing being the great lesson underneath.
....is it always necessary..
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2014
It isn't proper. You have them believing silly stories like virgin births and all such nonsense. Lead them by truth. That is the satanic way.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
...i mean like telling false stories as almost same incident
not necessary,because every lie will surely lead to another lie
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
It isn't proper. You have them believing silly stories like virgin births and all such nonsense. Lead them by truth. That is the satanic way.
...i agree with you,but in a case when you want them to change,what will you do then?
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2014
I remember the first time my parents caught me smoking weed. My dad asked me to pass the blunt. My mom was quite dissapointed and let my dad know. We watched her as she left the garage and walked into the house.
My father drew two puffs, choked a little, looked me straight in the eye and said 'Understand why you do things. Dont do things because society says it is right or wrong. Society is alwaya changing its values. Do not abstain because of fear. Explore and come to your own conclusions'.
He died of cancer two years later.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
not necessary,because every lie will surely lead to another lie
....no be lie.,but what can you do in such case?
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
...i agree with you,but in a case when you want them to change,what will you do then?
Why do you want them to change? For your own selfish needs? Why not understand who and what they are and why they are? Innocence is nothing but an illusion. Teach them to embrace their carnality.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Why do you want them to change? For your own selfish needs? Why not understand who and what they are and why they are? Innocence is nothing but an illusion. Teach them to embrace their carnality.
..every parent need a good life for their children.even lucifer need faithful followers,but what can he do when people decide to follow christ?
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
....no be lie.,but what can you do in such case?
no idea,I'm not a parent yet undecided
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
..every parent need a good life for their children.even lucifer need faithful followers,but what can he do when people decide to follow christ?
Lucifer does not need followers. Only slave owners have followers. Only slave owners pay a price for fellow humans. Only slaves bring up their children to depend on the slave master. Free your child from the deceit of Christ and Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

you need to encounter Jesus cry
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
you need to encounter Jesus cry
I did. He died, I lived.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

I did. He died, I lived.
I'll be praying for you sad
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
I'll be praying for you sad
What is prayer?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:38am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

What is prayer?
an act of communicating with the most high GOD cool
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2014
Ekiseme:
an act of communicating with the most high GOD cool
Madness.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Ekiseme(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Madness.
you're the one that is really mad....no offence

You need salvation asap cry
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
I remember the first time my parents caught me smoking weed. My dad asked me to pass the blunt. My mom was quite dissapointed and let my dad know. We watched her as she left the garage and walked into the house.
My father drew two puffs, choked a little, looked me straight in the eye and said 'Understand why you do things. Dont do things because society says it is right or wrong. Society is alwaya changing its values. Do not abstain because of fear. Explore and come to your own conclusions'.
He died of cancer two years later.
...like you said did you ever understand why you ended up smoking?
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
...like you said did you ever understand why you ended up smoking?
It was peer pressure. Everyone was doing it. Then I stopped and realized not everyone was doing it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Lucifer does not need followers. Only slave owners have followers. Only slave owners pay a price for fellow humans. Only slaves bring up their children to depend on the slave master. Free your child from the deceit of Christ and Yahweh.
...how funny indeed....you're trying to bring whom you are?...if satan does not need followers,then whom are you?
Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2014
Sanbuchi:
...how funny indeed....you're trying to bring whom you are?...if satan does not need followers,then whom are you?
A son of lucifer. I do not follow Satan just as you do not follow your father.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Parent To Lie To Their Children When Advicing Them? by Sanbuchi: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

It was peer pressure. Everyone was doing it. Then I stopped and realized not everyone was doing it.
...that is what every parent want their children to realise on time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Married Nigerian Women LIVE and SUCCEED In Riches And Wealth? / I Need Help / What Do You Do To Keep Your Husband Interested In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.