Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

public or private university! which one do you think is better?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / public or private university! which one do you think is better?? (2936 Views)

Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University / Navy Secondary School Calabar Or Private Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Just give your opinion! *no beefing*
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
gringringrin! Don't forget to rep ur school!
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by suregurl(f): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
enough of all these comparison jawe... If no be kudi, i prefer private uni dan public uni ooo... Whic public uni better? Better ko best ni..i'm outta here

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
^ i tire oo ..what do we gain from supercilious comparisons .?

@ op , guy study ur buk hard . acquire ideal knowledge & useful skills in ur field of studies , be the best ur meant for ...mind u , m nt disputing ur "facts" . but its kinda uncalled for .

graduating from either public or private uni. rarely matters, rather what graduates out of you & impact made .

BTW: I sch in a public uni.

--shalom--

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
I have nothing against Private uni students. I envy them for some reasons even.

When I born pikin, all my kids will school in superb US schools or attend private Nigerian university like Covenant or Landmark. That is if Nigerian public schools keep doing the trash they are known for.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
Vessi:
I have nothing against Private uni students. I envy them for some reasons even.

When I born pikin, all my kids will school in superb US schools or attend private Nigerian university like Covenant or Landmark. That is if Nigerian public schools keep doing the trash they are known for.
Ion get your point. Do you mean Nigerian public universities are crap?? undecided

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
adrelanine:
Ion get your point. Do you mean Nigerian public universities are crap?? undecided
That was not my point. Even if it were, it is my opinion and you have to deal with it. I mustn't have same opinion as you.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Extom(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
With this your shallow and unintelligent composition and construction of English, you're a disgrace to the "public university's folks". That's if you're even in school.
Will it kill some people to write in a way that if a Canadian or an American stumbled upon this thread, he would assimilate and comprehend everything effortlessly? undecided
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
Extom:
With this your shallow and unintelligent composition and construction of English, you're a disgrace to the "public university's folks". That's if you're even in school.
Will it kill some people to write in a way that if a Canadian or an American stumbled upon this thread, he would assimilate and comprehend everything effortlessly? undecided
Mr man!! I only asked for your opinion! Nt abusive words! I am nt begging you to read my topic, neither am I rolling on the floor for ur comment! Mr man, you better be careful
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Kunlexic(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
undecided
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by amokeme(f): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
You sch in a fed sch, I sch in a private sch, what makes you better than me? I just dont understand all these private vas fedral crap! If you feel the fedral uni is better, then attend it to satisfy urself. Buh if you are alrdy in a fedral uni why you complaining or bothered abt the private uni? If they are not properly educated like you said, thats there business.. they are the one paying not you.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
Covenant University: school fee N432,000,
ranked= 6th...
OAU school fees N19700, ranked= 3rd. How
wise is your
dad?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
Judging by your poor write up, you have already soiled the image of the public school you went to.

My advise is that you find something more productive to do with your time, maybe enrol in an english language development program or something similar.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
derespect:
Covenant University: school fee N432,000,
ranked= 6th...
OAU school fees N19700, ranked= 3rd. How
wise is my
dad?
fixed grin

3 Likes

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by blognetbase(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jobless

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by adrelanine: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamayodeji:
Judging by my poor write up, i have already soiled the image of the school i went to.

My advise is that i find something more productive to do with my time, maybe enrol in an english language development program or something similar.
fixed(I just asked for the oloriburuku's opinion)grin grin.. .

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Mujinho4b(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
As far as 9ja is concerned ... Private is better o... Cos its fast.. undecided undecided.. Na public I dy sha. But public students are better educated.

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by EejaNla01(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
private or public so far you end well,your good to go.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by greatestman(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
We don't have better Universities in Nigeria we only have best individual either from public or private universities that can compete excellently in any University in the world.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
adrelanine:
fixed(I just asked for the oloriburuku's opinion)grin grin.. .

So you edited my comment and turned it the other way round to make yourself feel better, I feel your pain.

I anticipated such an inane act from you. Just look at yourself, using such vulgar word publicly, I can only imagine the kind of words that will come out of your mouth if this was an audio enabled forum.

Its alright anyway, you are just being yourself.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by inosend: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
For crying out loud. A university ought to be universal ie where you find the good, the not so good, the bad, the not so bad, the ugly and the not so ugly. Aje kpakos and aje butters. There are no aje kpakos in private universities.
I think I've made my point.: time fore me to scram.
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Mujinho4b(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
iamayodeji:

So you edited my comment and turned it the other way round to make yourself feel better, I feel your pain.

I anticipated such an inane act from you. Just look at yourself, using such vulgar word publicly, I can only imagine the kind of words that will come out of your mouth if this was an audio enabled forum.

Its alright anyway, you are just being yourself.

Nawa o... Dem go pay u money 4ur English In 9ja English doesn't matter... Brain does... grin

1 Like

Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by ayanbaba2(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
#:-)I rep lautech
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mujinho4b:

Nawa o... Dem go pay u money 4ur English In 9ja English doesn't matter... Brain does... grin

Are u suggesting that speaking english comes from the teeth rather than the brain?
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by nwaobitex: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
Inono
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by tosyne2much(m): 11:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
The quality of education you want lies in the hand of an individual and not specifically your institution so I don't believe there's a general ascertion that private Unis are better and vice versa.. Even if all the people that have been coming your way down to your gate man are professors, if you still be dumb you will be dumb so why using the number of professors to show class and superiority?

When you carry university for head, I can tell you it will add little or no meaning to your life.. I think what you should be more concerned about is what you are capable of doing even if your institution is situated in the forest, farm and other ridiculous places

A thread was formally created to bash and badmouth the polytechnic students making them feel as if they have no hope of survival and also placing them beneath universities students, now the comparism has evolved into Private and Public Uni.

The problem is, the number of senseless educated elites outweigh that of sensible educated elites
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by valmunich(m): 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
I know most people will go for the public institution because of it's exposure but

I think the question here should be about the quality of service rendered undecided

I rep public tho' cool
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by sekzy99(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Non
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by tosyne2much(m): 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
valmunich:
I know most people will go for the public institution because of it's exposure but

I think the question here should be about the quality of service rendered undecided

I rep public tho' cool

Parlie, you sch in the east ?
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by valmunich(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2014
tosyne2much:
Parlie, you sch in the east ?
Yup, you?
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by tosyne2much(m): 12:05am On Oct 09, 2014
valmunich:

Yup, you?
West.. Ekiti to be precise
Re: public or private university! which one do you think is better?? by valmunich(m): 12:08am On Oct 09, 2014
tosyne2much:
West.. Ekiti to be precise

Okay.. What's the school name ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Practical Sex Education In School / Jambites Movement Against Injustice / Best Legacy College Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.