Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome (12736 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Baboons Invade Cape Town Housing Estates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 22, 2014
morpheus24:

I am Nigerian and also West African, infact I will go further to say I am African through and through and therefore claim rightful the birth right of my mother land Africa.

Therefore I can come and go as I please, piss, poo poo and curse out anyone in South Africa because Africa is my motherland.

The logic of a Motswana on display.

You are crazy kanti? If your mom & dad are Nigerians its different from when your mom is SAn & your dad is a Motswana. By the way, In SA children born of Nigerian fathers and SAn mothers in SA would never call themselves Nigerians but South Africans. To most South Africans the child belong to the mother side unlike in Nigeria where the child belong to the father.

1 Like

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2014
I thought that morpheus24 would be impressed by BluIvy's Xhosa post. He's always been infatuated with Xhosa.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
paniki:
I thought that morpheus24 would be impressed by BluIvy's Xhosa post. He's always been infatuated with Xhosa.

NO dummy, I have always been "intrigued" with the amount of Khoisan blood present in the Xhosa since I study the subject of African genetic variation. There is a difference.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
BluIvy:

You are crazy kanti? If your mom & dad are Nigerians its different from when your mom is SAn & your dad is a Motswana. By the way, In SA children born of Nigerian fathers and SAn mothers in SA would never call themselves Nigerians but South Africans. To most South Africans the child belong to the mother side unlike in Nigeria where the child belong to the father.

Who are you fooling. If the Nigerian man pays lobola for the SA woman, the child is culturally his, if he does not fulfill this customary ritual like a lot of SA men do and run away , the child stays under the roof of the mothers family and can take on her surname.

A few Nigerian ethnic groups allow a child to bear the mothers family name if the would be father publicly rejects the child as his own.

PS , Are you insinuating that your Motswana father did not pay lobola and therefore you belong to your mother's family?
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
morpheus24:

NO dummy, I have always been "intrigued" with the amount of Khoisan blood present in the Xhosa since I study the subject of African genetic variation. There is a difference.

My apologies, I misjudged your "intrigue".
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
morpheus24:

Who are you fooling. If the Nigerian man pays lobola for the SA woman, the child is culturally his, if he does not fulfill this customary ritual like a lot of SA men do and run away , the child stays under the roof of the mothers family and can take on her surname.

A few Nigerian ethnic groups allow a child to bear the mothers family name if the would be father publicly rejects the child as his own.

PS , Are you insinuating that your Motswana father did not pay lobola and therefore you belong to your mother's family?

You are misinformed ask your Nigeria brothers especially with mid northern & west Africans, South African parents would not even allow their grand children to visit places like Nigeria atlast Botswana are cousins. If you doubt me ask your brothers married to SAns women, they can never claim those children Lobola or no Lobola. Mna my mom was fully married and stayed for a while in Botswana now the whole family moved to SA. Its worse with Nigerians who never take their wives home, the parents neverxallow Nigerian fathers full rights. Just ask your bros.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
O lawd, I see this now dragging on for ever, another round starting.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
BluIvy:

You are misinformed ask your Nigeria brothers especially with mid northern & west Africans, South African parents would not even allow their grand children to visit places like Nigeria atlast Botswana are cousins. If you doubt me ask your brothers married to SAns women, they can never claim those children Lobola or no Lobola. Mna my mom was fully married and stayed for a while in Botswana now the whole family moved to SA. Its worse with Nigerians who never take their wives home, the parents neverxallow Nigerian fathers full rights. Just ask your bros.

I know a multitude of Nigerians who are and the key word here is "MARRIED" legally to SAfrican women who's kids straight up bear Nigerian first and last names. The only way "legally" speaking (according to SAfrican law) another parent be they from Sweden, UK or Nigeria can be barred from claiming their children is if they were never married ( lobola included) to those southie women or their names never mentioned on the child's birth certificate.

The Nigerians who don't take their wives or children home usually do so because they want to use them for paper and run away, children or no children.

Go tell your gogo's in the locations to read the law sometime before they do something foolish.

Real Naija men claim our flesh and blood!, same reason you must be from Botswana

1 Like

Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
^^^^^^^

Which SA law?
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 12:24am On Oct 23, 2014
paniki:
^^^^^^^
Which SA law?

Go and read your countries Birth registration act or better yet go to your Home affairs website and go read up on issues of birth registration for children born to Foreign nationals or in or out of wedlock.

Eish!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2014
morpheus24:

Go and read your countries Birth registration act or better yet go to your Home affairs website and go read up on issues of birth registration for children born to Foreign nationals or in or out of wedlock.

Eish!

Hahahaha. Before I correct you, please tell me which section of Births and Deaths Registration act states that and how do you relate it to the South African Citizenship Act or Natural Fathers of Children Born out of Wedlock Act.

I'll be patiently waiting.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2014
morpheus24:

I know a multitude of Nigerians who are and the key word here is "MARRIED" legally to SAfrican women who's kids straight up bear Nigerian first and last names. The only way "legally" speaking (according to SAfrican law) another parent be they from Sweden, UK or Nigeria can be barred from claiming their children is if they were never married ( lobola included) to those southie women or their names never mentioned on the child's birth certificate.

The Nigerians who don't take their wives or children home usually do so because they want to use them for paper and run away, children or no children.

Go tell your gogo's in the locations to read the law sometime before they do something foolish.

Real Naija men claim our flesh and blood!, same reason you must be from Botswana

Wethu! you can lament all you want but South African parents don't play with their blood. Go claim a Nigerian child from a South African women from her parents. Uzowuzwa umoya!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by ChukwuCantDie: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
BluIvy:

You see that's the difference between us and Nigeria, we don't care to be liked but to be respected. Maybe i don't like them either.
If they are slapping you around in your own country where is the respect? I don care to be liked by them either it is always about respect, if they slap you kill them is what i am saying.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
paniki:

Hahahaha. Before I correct you, please tell me which section of Births and Deaths Registration act states that and how do you relate it to the South African Citizenship Act or Natural Fathers of Children Born out of Wedlock Act.
I'll be patiently waiting.

What are you on about?
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
BluIvy:

Wethu! you can lament all you want but South African parents don't play with their blood. Go claim a Nigerian child from a South African women from her parents. Uzowuzwa umoya!

You are just exposing yourself. Are we claiming the child from the woman or the SA woman's "parents". What has the "grand parents" got to do with fathers rights.

Sorry to burst your bubble but as long as those "foreigners" are legally married and their names appear on that birth certificate, your gogo's can't trump their rights. I know most of your men run away from their responsibilities which is why when you dump the kids with the "grand parents" they become attached to them and so won't easily let go, but if you don't want that to happen then tell your sisters not to marry Nigerian men. We do not abandon blood.

Shikena!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
morpheus24:

What are you on about?

Point out the law(as in the actual provision). It can't be that difficult my brother.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
paniki:

Point out the law(as in the actual provision). It can't be that difficult my brother.

Birth and Death Registration act

"Notice of birth of illegitimate child"

(1) Notice of birth of an illegitimate child shall be given
(a) under the surname of the mother; or
(b) at the joint request of the mother and of the person who in the presence of the person to whom the notice of birth was given acknowledges himself in writing to be the father of the child and enters the prescribed particulars regarding himself upon the notice of birth, under the surname of the person who has so acknowledged.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
morpheus24:

Birth and Death Registration act

"Notice of birth of illegitimate child"

(1) Notice of birth of an illegitimate child shall be given
(a) under the surname of the mother; or
(b) at the joint request of the mother and of the person who in the presence of the person to whom the notice of birth was given acknowledges himself in writing to be the father of the child and enters the prescribed particulars regarding himself upon the notice of birth, under the surname of the person who has so acknowledged.

What is your understanding that provision? How do you relate to other legislation?
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
paniki:

What is your understanding that provision? How do you relate to other legislation?

My friend are we in court?

Do I look like a witness on the stand.

say what you want to say and I will rebuttal or revise if necessary.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
morpheus24:

My friend are we in court?

Do I look like a witness on the stand.

say what you want to say and I will rebuttal or revise if necessary.

I was just just trying to gauge your understanding which I have now judged to be zero, it was just the usual pretentiousness.

I had already lined up judgements(interpretation of law) from the website listed below, but I just figured the argument would be pointless.

www.saflii.org.za/content/south-africa-index
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
paniki:

I was just just trying to gauge your understanding which I have now judged to be zero, it was just the usual pretentiousness.
I had already lined up judgements(interpretation of law) from the website listed below, but I just figured the argument would be pointless.
www.saflii.org.za/content/south-africa-index

Sorry , your so called judgment on my "understanding" is at present mere "opinion" and carries no weight since you haven't really said anything.

Please point to specifics, I do not have time to go through all that content which 99%, does not relate to anything being talked about here.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2014
morpheus24:

Sorry , your so called judgment on my "understanding" is at present mere "opinion" and carries no weight since you haven't really said anything.

Please point to specifics, I do not have time to go through all that content which 99%, does not relate to anything being talked about here.

A judgement is an opinion, an objective opinion.

I get that you want me to educate you on something that you pretended to be knowledgeable about, but I think that it will be a waste of time.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by morpheus24: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
paniki:

A judgement is an opinion, an objective opinion.
I get that you want me to educate you on something that you pretended to be knowledgeable about, but I think that it will be a waste of time.

****YAWN****

Waste of time ehh.... That's why you are still responding back.

right right!
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by paniki(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
morpheus24:

****YAWN****

Waste of time ehh.... That's why you are still responding back.

right right!

I see it as my duty to prevent the idiom "little knowledge is a dangerous thing" from remaining true.
Re: In Cape Town, Many Black South Africans Feel Unwelcome by Ugosample(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2020
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S. Approved More Bombs To Israel On Day Of World Central Kitchen Strikes / 5 Best Presidents in African History / UN Security Council Rejects US Bid To Extend Iran Arms Embargo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.