Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Post-Ronnie Eto'o - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Post-Ronnie Eto'o (738 Views)

Chelsea Signs Samuel Eto'o / Samuel Eto'o Give His 33,000 Euro Watch To Recordman Usain Bolt / Is Samuel Eto'o A Monkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post-Ronnie Eto'o by Jarus(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2008
I have been a fan of Samuel Eto'o for long, from his days at Mallorca. I was one of the few Nigerians who was convinced that Eto'o, ahead of Okocha, deservedly won the 2003-5 African player of the year. Many Nigerians who watched not more than EPL will tell you Hayatou did ojoro to install his country boy, Eto'o, as African POtY. This argument is most laughable. Was Hayatou not in charge of CAF when Yekini(1993), Amuneke(1994), Ikpeba(1997) and Kanu (1996,1999) coasted home the coveted awards?

When Eto'o was at his peak in 2003-2005, Nigerians concocted another explanation-"It was because he was playing behind Ronaldinho!!! Who will play behind Ronaldinho and not score plenty goals". This is a frequent argument among my room mates in school, to the extent that one of my friends was comparing Aghahowa with Eto'o. Nigerians sha.

Anyway, the gist is that Ronaldinho has left Barca and my boy continues to bang in goals, sitting atop La Liga scorers' chart with 13 goals. Is anybody still saying without Ronnie,no Eto'o? The truth is that Eto'o was as important to Barca as Ronnie.

If not because of injury, Eto'o could have won African POtY 5 consecutive times.
Re: Post-Ronnie Eto'o by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2008
Etoo is probably the best African player of all time. rivalled by Weah, Abedi and Roger Milla only

Don't mind those people who would say rubbish about Etoo those days. Okocha never deserved the award in any year.

When he was in Mallorca, He was an icon was Dinho in Mallorca too?
Re: Post-Ronnie Eto'o by Jarus(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2008
dayokanu:

Etoo is probably the best African player of all time. rivalled by Weah, Abedi and Roger Milla only

Don't mind those people who would say rubbish about Etoo those days. Okocha never deserved the award in any year.

When he was in Mallorca, He was an icon was Dinho in Mallorca too?
abiiioooo. . . .but Nigerians will not want to hear this.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool's Premier League Title Dream Still Alive, Says Glen Johnson / Man Utd Vs Stoke City / Betoracle-- Fottball Betting Guide, Prediction And Match Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.