Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Do You Have? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Have? (454 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Have? by Opetech(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
One of the greatest problems we experience is the inability to appreciate and capitalise on the resources available to us. Many a time, we focus on our current incapabilities thus blocking our vision of our abilities, so we sink in the muddy clay of “I can’t” rather than soar on the sturdy wings of “I CAN”.

Take yourself as an example, yes you! You do not have a master’s degree, you lack work experience as you did not even embark on the customary industrial training, you are not very good with speaking even though you’d love to and since these are major requirements needed in the companies you’ve applied to, a feeling of dejection sets in. Am sorry dear and I empathise with you.

One question I have for you however is: what do you have ?

The reality is that more often than not, we neglect what we have in pursuit of what we don’t, we therefore create a series of wrinkles in our otherwise neatly ironed self-confidence. We sit with deflated believe in our self.

The founder of Coca-Cola, John Pemberton was a pharmacist who saw potential in the concoction he had and today, it is a global brand.

Adi-dasler saw potential in sport and his ability to make shoes thus converting waste from the war into material for shoes, today we all know addidas!

How about the popular Kentucky fried chicken (KFC)? Just a personal love for cooking and for making chicken using his own concocted mixture and development over the years!

So I ask again, what do you have? Oh, your response is different? You know what you have but so many people can do it too! Good! Why do it the way they did theirs? Ever heard of the word innovation before? You probably own a Techno phone now, but I remember you few years ago saying it was a “China phone” and can never use it. What changed? Simple! They developed!

So, quit whining!
· List out the things you know you can do.
· How can you make them unique to you?
· How can you make it of financial gain?
· What’s the local, national and international relevance?

“Little” skills like cooking, sewing, plaiting, drawing, speaking, making
people laugh, technical know-how, designing, modelling and others are great tools in the hand of those who recognise them.

Start small, but always think big and sell your abilities. You are far greater than you think. I’ll definitely see you at the top.

“Once you can write an alphabet, you can write a book of 100 million pages. It’s just a matter of believing it as possible and taking the cross millimetre by millimetre”- Isrealmore Ayivor

source: http://www.lifebuildingtips.com/2014/10/what-do-you-have-guest-post.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Various Trainings In Nigeria? / When An Organisation Follows You On Twitter / One Day Free Training On Videography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.