Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens (6883 Views)

Lagos Bans Sponsorship Of Pilgrimages To Mecca, Jerusalem / Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / President Buhari Leaves Mosque Without Convoy Or Sirens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by oluwdashmi(f): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2008
We all don't need to argue over this issue.

All I can say is that the governor has DONE a good work with the law

BUT Lagosians will really be glad if he enforce the law and put a penalty upon the disobedient ones like in the case of environmental sanitation which is the most obeyed law in Lagos. No one dares environmental days. Abi
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by citizenY(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2008
I am happy about that. Lets be realistic:- WHERE ARE THEY HURRYING TO THAT WE ARE ALSO NOT IN A HURRY TO REACH?
We all have one business or the other and legitimately too. When the chips are down  you will hear of billions either
misapplied or misappropriated. They are in a hurry to corner our money. Tell me where GENERAL or ADMIRAL dey hurry go
in this circumstance?  They refused to build roads and push us off the few ones that remain.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by quadrillio(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2008
@ kobojunkie

can you tell me a law that fashola has made, and he has not enforced.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by nzeaji(m): 10:08am On Nov 12, 2008
Gov. Fash has done a good work by 'declaring the ban'. The most important thing is the enforcement.

CAN IT BE ENFORCED? undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by MrCrackles(m): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2008
nzeaji:

Gov. Fash has done a good work by 'declaring the ban'. The most important thing is the enforcement.

CAN IT BE ENFORCED? undecided undecided

that is the biggest challenge!

would Fashol slap or fine The Governor's of Abia or Osun State for blaring the sirens into the City of lagos, i doubt it!
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by zoomzu(f): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2008
Beginning of new era in Nigeria politics. What about the issue of 20 to 30 vehicles in Governor's convoy?
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by farochron(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2008
Those who don't believe in change should try and keep shut and let well meaning nairalanders and Lagosians, who believe there can be a turn around from bad to good; evil to good come on board. I have followed the comments from each individual and finally came to the conclusion that those who really mean well for these country are more than the unpopular cynics and pessimist we have around the corner. Eko o ni baje. Ride on my governor and congrats to all the Edo pple in the house.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by trendy(f): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2008
Good cool
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by scholarist: 10:52am On Nov 12, 2008
faakay:

[s][s][s]Abeg make I hear word Jare.
What of Banks (bullion Van)
Police
Politicians
Oil Company Expatriates
Govenor Convoy
Navy
Army
Airforce
Senators
Local Government Councilors
Presidency
e.t.c

Abegi!! All this wan na gra gra.

ADVICE; If you hear siren and you no commot for road where you wan claim right, Wetin do Uzoma, go do you. This is naija, obedience is better than sacrifice.[/s][/s]
[/s]

It applies too all of the ABOVE in Lagos State except for FIRE SERVICE & AMBULANCE,  Notin Like GRA GRA!!! Siren na him be GRA GRA

them go dey Drive like WERE people as if say them wan FLY?? wetin dey worry them sef? Some Drivers don SMOKE IGBO!! Sepe!! them go come dey DRIVE RUBBISH for Road!!

Good for them - SIREN BAN OTHERWISE

can the govt allow me now to start using my own siren.
cool coolcos e bi like say na turn by turn cool
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by kaycee45: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2008
coolif its not passed into law by the law makers, "FOR WHERE" e no go work.
Fashola cannot stop the president, he should thrive to make it work by sending the bill to the house
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by oladele80(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2008
the other states govs will respect themselves any time they are in lagos, i believe nobody is above d law.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by MT: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2008
angry Hmnnn, I only hope that my governor, COSMETIC Adebayo Alao-Akala, will be humble enough to learn from this great man, Babatunde Fashola. Oyo State people are waiting to experience just ONE dividend of democracy
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by Adexy001(f): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2008
With my experience with this Govenor, I am sure he will find a way around it. He is really doing well for Lagos now oh.

trust he would have considered the pros and the cons before taking tha decision. Let's just fold our arms!!!
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by winnag: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2008
For where, just yesterday, Plateau State Gov and his convoy pushed us from the road on the busy choked Mararaba traffic holdup in Abuja.
they will neva learn good manners. the other thugs call themselves police. in such circumstances they like to display their rascality. police my foot!
God help naija. weldone BRF jare.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by DIronlady1(f): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2008
good decision but let it be enforced though in fact the use of siren shd be restricted to ambulances alone and not every id---t with tinted glass angry angry angry
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by cooldays(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2008
thank God ll voted this man in,
fashola is indeed a world class governor, the biggest way of enforcing it
is by his action of not using siren even in lagos state.
i believe lagos state will benefit more from him.
i cant stop loving him.
this is a first term player.
eko o ni baje,
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2008
@Lucabrasi, my main message is, DO NOT THROW OTHERS UNDER THE BUS WHEN TRYING TO MAKE YOUR POINT. YOu are not 100% on what will happen so RESPECT their opinion even as you want yours to be respected in this.

Back to the main .  .  .  Again, Idiaghon made sure there were consequences, hence the reason why you saw the occassion "frog jumping" law breakers on the bridge or anywhere else. You can not enforce law if you do not ensure those who break it suffer the consequences of their actions and NO, it was not the army enforcing it but the police that worked that one.

. . .to be continued

Adexy001:

With my experience with this Govenor, I am sure he will find a way around it. He is really doing well for Lagos now oh.

trust he would have considered the pros and the cons before taking tha decision. Let's just fold our arms!!!

Or ensure he enforces it? which one will actually move us closer to a better Lagos??
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by kokorunna(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2008
Well done Governor Fashola, about time someone bans it.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by agaba123(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2008
More of Fashiola please
I hope Oshiomole will imitate him. He already said he should not be called excellency.

Then it is AC for all man.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by totalfact(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2008
this is lagostic and should be nationalistic!
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by billchucks(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2008
is this site a genuine site.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by JODELL: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
fellow nairalander,
l will commend GOV FASHIOLA for such a bold statement but that bring us to the problem we really have in this country called NIGERIA.

1} What was GOV FASHIOLA reason for banning the use of siren in Lagos State?

2} What are the benefits that this law will bring to the people and also the State government in particular?

3} What are also the security threat to government personnel if the law is enforce?

If the GOV FASHIOLA can give a good answer to these questions and think he can go to any length to enforce the law by starting with presenting it to the state house of assembly and also making provision for penalty for default by any body.

The problem with Nigeria is not are laws or constitution of the country but has always being implementation by people in authority if the said law is not favorable to their own selfish goals and desire.

We all know the constitution of the country and it stand against corruption by political office holders, let me just give a single illustration like these below

The Nigeria constitution requirement for political office holders to declare their asset and liabilities before assuming political office and how many of our elected or sorry hand picked political office holders that have declare their asset even though the constitution requirement is that it will not be made public and these same politicians have been sitting and foot dragging on the passage of FREEDOM OF INFORMATION BILL which have been with the national assembly for the past 2 to 3 years which would have give journalist and civil right organizations access to every political office holders asset and liabilities oath taken when assuming office and also guide as a reference on corrupt against looting and self enrichment when in office by them and their proxies.

We Nigerians are approximately 70% sycophants and also have short memory psyche by just announcing ban on siren usage by GOV FASHIOLA we are all jumping and clapping to high heaven if it the first time of our politicians announcing good policy and laws by using it to just acquire cheap political acclaims from the masses and yet failing to implement it because it will jeopardized their own selfish and personnel desire and without even counting the effects on the masses.

So l think GOV FASHIOLA should step up by sending a bill on the ban of siren in the state to the state house of assembly for passage into law, before we the masses will now know that his is the CHANGE IN GOVERNANCE we the masses have be looking for in the country and we can stand stand solidly behind him if he aspire for any other higher political office in the country in future, We can take a note from the CHANGE OBARACK OBAMA bought to the USA presidential election as the first black AMERICAN to win the USA President. He offers the masses A CHANGE from the way governance is run selling his policy benefits to the average AMERICAN FAMILY but BLACKS, WHITES AND THE MINORITIES like tax cut for the middle class and and total withdrawal of American troops in Iraq war which the American people was against in the first place.

So we the masses is just taking GOV FASHIOLA announcement ban on usage of siren in Lagos state as one of those political statement by our politicians to score cheap acclaim from the masses until it send it as a bill to the state house of assembly for passage into to law.

John
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by darfur(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Lucabrasi, my main message is, DO NOT THROW OTHERS UNDER THE BUS WHEN TRYING TO MAKE YOUR POINT. YOu are not 100% on what will happen so RESPECT their opinion even as you want yours to be respected in this.

Back to the main . . . Again, Idiaghon made sure there were consequences, hence the reason why you saw the occassion "frog jumping" law breakers on the bridge or anywhere else. You can not enforce law if you do not ensure those who break it suffer the consequences of their actions and NO, it was not the army enforcing it but the police that worked that one.

. . .to be continued

Or ensure he enforces it? which one will actually move us closer to a better Lagos??

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin
kobojunkie cheesy na here u come hide grin grin grin grin
we don de find u for rerieng section since obama won against ur wish tongue tongue tongue

and ahaaa, he won in ohio where u live wink

shame on you kobojunkie, shame on you grin grin grin

@topic

good law. but making laws have never been our problem in naija. what happens to those who flout these directives? wish him well though. i've heard some good things in lagos attributable to the gov.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by Ellyptical: 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ All,
darfur:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin
kobojunkie cheesy na here u come hide grin grin grin grin
we don de find u for rerieng section since obama won against ur wish tongue tongue tongue

and ahaaa, he won in ohio where u live wink

shame on you kobojunkie, shame on you grin grin grin

@topic

good law. but making laws have never been our problem in naija. what happens to those who flout these directives? wish him well though. i've heard some good things in lagos attributable to the gov.

From the consistent ideological pattern I observed in Kobojunkie, I realized that she happens to be someone who just loves to be controversial . .probably in an attempt to attract attention on any thread she filters into. Attimes you carefully observe her opinions on two different threads and you see that she may not actually even know where she stands! Thats the amazing discovery i made! On a thread where everyone says black is good, Kobojunkie has an apparent uncontrollable desire to scream that Black is bad. On a different section of the forum, people may be of the opinion that black is bad and just right there Kobojunkie jumps into the thread to show everyone why Black is good!
Again, her tendency to cry foul all the time, that her views are not respected, or that people of opposing views are trying to subdue her views shows that there may be a psychological complex which beclouds her reasoning so much so that the determining factor for stand on the fence, is a viewpoint that will try to resist this imaginary oppression that hunts her (by people of opposing views) . . .even when such a viewpoints/stands leave the poster hopelessly wandering in the abyss of vain reasoning. The Irony of the whole complex is that Kobojunkie within her may feel that she is a person of independent opinion whereas, she may the person of the weakest opinion - a person whose opinion is based on the probable vanity of trying to be against the crowd implying that the crowd decides which side she faces, not her own experience. Not too nice.

@Kobojunkie, as a brother i would really love to see you discover yourself. When you do, it will show on your posts.

Anyone who wishes to vividly see what I mean by this complex in her reasoning should click on her profile and click on "See this User's last posts". Observe the style of reasoning and you will see what I mean.
@ Post
Fashola has done great. Its one step at a time. Pronouncement before enforcement. He has scaled one hurdle, the pronouncement hurdle, let us give him kudos for that before we start nailing him (as Kobojunkie is trying to do) for the next stage which is not really due yet.
Obrigado.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by lucabrasi(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ellyptical
i totally agree with your last paragraph,nigerians have gotten to a stage where we r all cynics and always look for an angle in any government initiative,no matter how transparent, ifwhite people in whatever numbers could overcome their distrust and what not to vote for a black man,then its suprising how nigerians will shoot down and condemn the government
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2008
Hhhmmm. . . So I am supposed to believe that the post I had in bold earlier, was not for me but you here you say you agree with what this has to say in the last paragraph?? hhmm. . . Anyway, this is not the first time I have seen you do this, so as always, I will choose to move on and spend time on people who are more open and not looking for persons to throw under the bus so they can claim to be MORE PATRIOTIC THAN the next man.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by shollyaj(m): 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2008
lets see how long this would go? but sincerely i think Gov fashola is doing a good job though
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by OGUNS2002: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2008
yeah i think he's doing a great job to sanitize lagos.
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by lucabrasi(m): 1:50am On Nov 13, 2008
@kobojunk
the post you had in bold was a reaction to my assertion that most people on this thread believe fashola wouldnt be a ble to enforce the ban,you asked me where anyone siad so and i replied that it was all over the thread,in fact most of the comments as at the 2nd page all agreed that enforcement will be the dearth of the ban,moreover i dont see why you r tieing me in to what you and ellyptical migh have going on, out of the totality of his comments either reffering to you or not,the only one which i saw fit to agree upon was the one actually backing up my earlier assertions which you disagreed with,
same ting i have been sayn is that the man has done good by lagosians and he should be given a chance moreover there is only so much he can do which actually ties in with ellyptical's last paragraph

as to moving on,well what can i say but good for you but to keep on making totally wrong assumptions about me,i totally disagree with, i have a right to my own opinions as you do and i dont expect to be bow beaten into accepting a contrary opinion
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by osat02: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2008
Guv Fashola has once again demonstrated what governance should be like, lets hope others are not as dumb as not to take a cue cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by scottN(m): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2008
Nice one Fashola, let's hope that all government officials would take cue!
Re: Lagos Bans Governors, Others From Use Of Sirens by kellygirl(f): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2008
i pray this work out well ooo. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Nobody Can Force Oyegun Out Of Office As APC National Chairman’ - Inegbeniki / List Of Katsina State Indigenes Appointed By Buhari (Almost 34 people) / PHOTOS: American Millitary Dogs Are More Equipped Than Nigeria Armys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.