Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

"An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) (1576 Views)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / An Ode To The Unpredictable Fart. / Dedicated To Garri!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
"AN ODE TO GARRI" (in Praise of Ikire)

Tapped from cassava,
Rooted into mother earth.

Student's best friend
Even when market women become hoarding agents...

What happens after a long lecture,
Brains emanciated by group works and the sun

Hostel...fotress
Garri...quickest thought on my mind

You make me become friends with other hostel mates,
Who comes for you...

Though you've cuased troubles amongst roomies
Still they settle it with a bowl of you and panla fish

Garri o!!! A wonderful friend...
Decieving even the wealthy and pompous

Who can resisit the 'ijebu' version of you
Long live in my stomach...

Obada market glorifies you
Everyday you are reduced to kongos...

What do I owe you
***purewater and Ikire groundnut

Long Live the queen...Garri

Written by: Badiru Kehinde
#LyricalThoughts...
Hit like if we fall into the same shoes
For more stories or works as this,visit www.badirukehindewrites. or connect with Badiru Kehinde; follow on Twitter@keji_banks IG@keji_banks
Call 08135359053 or send a mail to badirukehindewrites@gmail.com for bookings
Get Inspired,Like Smooth Motivation With Badiru Kehinde Page via www.facebook.com/badirukehindeinspires

'It's not about me but you getting inspired by His inspiration' (All rights reserved)

3 Likes

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by micklplus(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
You are garriciously inspired!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
micklplus:
You are garriciously inspired!
Thanks for the commendation
Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by renzyl(f): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Omg!!!!i can't just end dis laughter....what really inspired u to write dis,was it d garri or d hunger

1 Like

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Yeahme06(f): 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
smileylong live gueen garri o
Hope u r enjoying ur compulsory break@kenny

1 Like

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Aipete2(f): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wow! I love it too, garium garium

1 Like

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Ploy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Garri ah Garri

1 Like

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Ploy(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
I felt the rage of hunger
I remember the pain of thirst
I would have looked like hanger
If not the motherly care of Garri

We embraced garri as apparatus
When caught by rich Girlie
Cecilia I need one mudu of garri
For the experiment on my project

You have saved me many times
I can't forget the feeling of Garri
In the hot noon of Niger/Kebbi
When garri become jewelry

2 Likes

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by lordthunderbolt(m): 7:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Nice one..foe the love of poetry....I love your ode....teasing of some sort though lol

1 Like

Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
renzyl:
Omg!!!!i can't just end dis laughter....what really inspired u to write dis,was it d garri or d hunger
LOLs...Can't stop laughing...I guess it's both....
Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
Yeahme06:
smileylong live gueen garri o
Hope u r enjoying ur compulsory break@kenny
I Seriously Am......The break has become an epic...and this poem is one of the results....lols...Hope yu good...I'v seen this face before but can't recall...permit my manners pls... Add me on FB www.facebook.com/badiru.kehinde1 let's relate... #HappyResumption Alleged 3rd #Uniosun *smiles*
Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Aipete2:
Wow! I love it too, garium garium
Thanks for reading Aipete
Re: "An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) by Badirukehinde(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ploy:
I felt the rage of hunger
I remember the pain of thirst
I would have looked like hanger
If not the motherly care of Garri

We embraced garri as apparatus
When caught by rich Girlie
Cecilia I need one mudu of garri
For the experiment on my project

You have saved me many times
I can't forget the feeling of Garri
In the hot noon of Niger/Kebbi
When garri become jewelry
Indeed a jewelry...Nice sets of quatrain you've got there ...keep it up co_penner

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Retelling Story Of IGODO By Ifeoma Isabella Okeke / Freelance Writers Needed - 30 To 60 Articles Per Month / Short Story: All That Glitters...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.