Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,056 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari (552 Views)

Where Is General Muhammadu Buhari The APC Presidential Candidate? / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by r33d(m): 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
Dear Sir,

OPEN LETTER TO GENERAL BUHARI

I have been constrained to write you through the media because I do not have an alternative way of reaching you. Permit me to share my opinion on your presidential ambition, which I think is equally shared by many Nigerians of my generation irrespective of ethnic or religious differences.

Sir, I heard about you first on the 31st of December 1983. Then I was a ten year old boy in primary six, celebrating with the whole nation on the arrival of our military Heroes. At least so we thought! The jubilations were spontaneous. The nationwide celebrations signalled the demise of the second republic and ushered in the military dispensation commonly referred to as the Buhari/Idiagbon regime. Immediately you launched the War Against Indiscipline and introduced the Nationwide Monthly Sanitation Exercise. The WAI crusade stuck in my brain and still reverberates up till now. To simplify the message my Teacher introduced an Igbo acronym for WAI: Wepu Ajo Ihe; which literally translates: Remove Bad Thing.

Sir, I must confess that the image that stuck in me about Buhari/Idiagbon was that of two no-nonsense characters, straight talkers, people who meant yes when they said yes and vice versa. This impression I believe was equally shared by many others in my generation.

Today, I am a 41 year old Nigerian. A lot has changed. I see things differently now. I am now a fully grown man who can analyse issues critically. One thing I believe passionately is that it is very important for one to set a standard for oneself, but equally more important to sustain the standard.
On the final lap of your presidential campaign for 2011, you made an open declaration in front of the media and your supporters, without mincing words you stated emphatically that 2011 would be your last attempt to contest the Presidency. Going by your legacy and standard, many People including I took you by your words. After all Buhari means yes when he says yes. However that promise was short lived. Before one can say Jack Robinson you have joined the race again for the fourth consecutive time, contrary to your open declaration.

see more: http://leadership.ng/features/386632/open-letter-general-muhammadu-buhari

Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
What's the point. Ban ganeba
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by 2cato: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
I have always seen buhari as a confuse and frustrated person right from day one.
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by fiverrwin(f): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Na wao this one strong wella
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by skyeboy98(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
That is politician for you they are are all two face cutlas. Gej in 2o1o when he declair at eagls squair abuja he said he has no second term ambitions,then after the election in 2011 in his first media chart with NAJ live on NTA some body ask him again if he is going to contest in 2015 de asnswer he gave was that I am just in the first YEAR of my first tenure, do u know what that means first tenure? That means he is nursing second tenure so plz my dear brother don't blame gmb for been a two face cutlas they are all the same thanks I rest my case.
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari by quinnboy: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Watin this OP dey try talk pls.....anybody kind enough to make some sense from this Poo written here to me?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Ofcourse Win For GEJ Has Done Worst, Enough To Vacate / KASHAMU VS OBASANJO: Court Fixes Nov 17 For Final Saga! / Ebola Outbreak: How Nigeria Is Beating The Killer Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.