Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

I Want To Be An Engineer. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be An Engineer. (1235 Views)

An Engineer Needs An Advice / Advice Needed: Join The Millitary Or Become An Engineer / Female, Wants To Be An Engineer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be An Engineer. by biggiedol: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello NL family

How is life treating you friends? my good friends please i need your suggestions and professional advice on this issue bothering me.

I have a B.Sc in Economics and statistics, but recently i developed flair to study engineering, but do to my age (am 32) am thinking it would be take too much time to get the certificate since it 5years course, so this is what i have thought of.

Going back to university to do a part time program on Engineering course
Going to Nigeria open university to do a part-time program on Engineering course

so i had a chat with a friend he advice i do a Project management program (PMP) after that i do COREN and i would be certified to works as an engineer.

So please friends is this possible or what do you guys think would be better idea.

Please give a brother the best advice

Thanks
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by Ojobojo1(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Oga just stick to ur econs and find a way to make it, don't make a mistake you'll regret for life. Trust me, Engineering aint easy.
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by IGLE25(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bro no time.. Use your degree get job o.. Engineering no be beans o.. Moreover, there is this opportunity in town now not too rampant though... It is called TREVO... For more info contact 08062919855...
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by ojmaroni247(m): 1:29am On Oct 11, 2014
My candid advise,I studied mechanical engineering nd I wana do either aeronautical,subsea or project management as masters,i also did electro_mechanical engineering as a certificate course,if u hv flair for engineering project management is very ok cuz ders always demand for a project manager in all fields of engineering,but I dont hw possible it is for u to do it as u said,hope dis helps
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by orgasticdance: 8:26am On Oct 11, 2014
What's your science background like? Did you do advanced math, pyhsics and chem in secondary school? If you are very comfortable in math i'll say go for it, but not naija o, where age discrimnation is much more of an issue. Out in the west as long as you have ability and you have top grades you will be needed
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by baba11(m): 1:37am On Oct 17, 2014
You don't necessary need to waste another 5 or six years in the varsity..why can't u start as a volunteer to the job u want..engineering is not being don't by correspondence because we that even studied interactively,we know how it was..my advice goes those:Start reading any materials u get across to on your area of interest; seek advice from able and experienced engineer;have a mentor etc
Re: I Want To Be An Engineer. by giantimpact(m): 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ OP, its never late to follow your dream. I all depend on d aspect of Engineering you have passion. Information Technology is a good area of specialization, you can go into Networking though having CCNA, CCNP will be an edge. I have a friend that read Economics @ d University back then, he now work with one of the top banks in nigeria as a Network Engineer. Just try to get a mentor in that field that can guide you bro.An Msc in Info Tech or ICT is not a bad idea too, but the Certifications and on the job training is a faster route. Remain blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Osha 233 Hour Oil And Gas Safety And Health Professional / Is It Possible To Serve (NYSC) Twice? / Customer Relationship Management Is Not Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.