Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! (2041 Views)

Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones / 6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong? / What's Your Favourite Internet Data Plan From A Nigerian Mobile Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Most Nigerians pay more attention to the big bosses Mtn or Glo or even Etisalat but never really look towards Airtel, thinking that airtel chops the most money not knowing that it's the cheapest and most cost efficient network in Nigeria. Do you know that airtel has monthly bundles for almost any app?
Whatsapp-*948#-N100
Bbm-*440*22#-N300
Opera mini-*885*1#-N300
The 128mb for N730
What more would any1 need
Then yesterday I just realized that with N200 you could get all these from the WTF(whatsapp facebook and twitter) bundle with Bbm inclusive and opera mini not included!
Trust me this network would make you love your phone even more! I'm using an iPhone 5s and because of these bundles my parents are telling me I should leave my phone at home when I'm going to xool cause I'm seriously addicted to it cheesy
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by encryptjay(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
yawns...
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by texazzpete(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
2leftlegs:
Most Nigerians pay more attention to the big bosses Mtn or Glo or even Etisalat but never really look towards Airtel, thinking that airtel chops the most money not knowing that it's the cheapest and most cost efficient network in Nigeria. Do you know that airtel has monthly bundles for almost any app?

No. Most Nigerians pay no attention to Airtel because they have - by far - the crappiest network in Nigeria, disgracefully even inferior to newer entrants like Glo and Etisalat.
Slow speeds, unreliable network, spotty coverage are just some of the issues bedeviling Airtel.

I ported from Airtel to Etisalat last year after being an Airtel subscriber since 2003. One of the best decisions i've ever made cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Osyxcel(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
OP, You are on a really long thing.
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
texazzpete:

No. Most Nigerians pay no attention to Airtel because they have - by far - the crappiest network in Nigeria, disgracefully even inferior to newer entrants like Glo and Etisalat.
Slow speeds, unreliable network, spotty coverage are just some of the issues bedeviling Airtel.

I ported from Airtel to Etisalat last year after being an Airtel subscriber since 2003. One of the best decisions i've ever made cheesy
The airtel of yesterday is surely not the same today....I never really experienced low network coverage even tho presently I'm in one remote village I still get 3G with 3 bars i don't know about any other network but I know airtel has 4G in at least most of the sohth west states I've been to it's not about how big or famous the network is it's about what you get from them
Mtn is just a load of crap
Glo dosent have interesting bundles
And no offence but Etisalat is just damn boring!
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Osyxcel(m): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
2leftlegs:

The airtel of yesterday is surely not the same today....I never really experienced low network coverage even tho presently I'm in one remote village I still get 3G with 3 bars i don't know about any other network but I know airtel has 4G in at least most of the sohth west states I've been to it's not about how big or famous the network is it's about what you get from them

Where Airtel wan tif 4G The best you can get from any telcom operator for now is 3.75G. The most likely network to have 4G in the nearest future is Glo.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by UchihaItachi(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Airtel has 4G where? shocked no wonder you think they're the best network. Wake up bro, they don't have 4G and even their so called 3.75G is just a glorified 2G
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Leopantro: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
2leftlegs:

it ia better to take transport to the location where a file is located and copy the file than to download it with airtel. which network would allow me to download a 1.5gb file for N120? only Etisalat

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Osyxcel:

Where Airtel wan tif 4G The best you can get from any telcom operator for now is 3.75G. The most likely network to have 4G in the nearest future is Glo.
See for yourself!!

Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Leopantro:

it ia better to take transport to the location where a file is located and copy the file than to download it with airtel. which network would allow me to download a 1.5gb file for N120? only Etisalat
Lol I've not heard of that one oo!
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
Osyxcel:

Don't under estimate them ooo
Airtel and mtn have 4G
At least I've seen mtn 4G on a bold 5 before
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Osyxcel(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
2leftlegs:

See for yourself!!

So na that one dey sweet Ur belle?

You no know say some phones like Samsung and HTC classify them phones under 2G and 4G

So that 3G, 3.5G, 3.75G and 4G fall under "4G" classification.
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Osyxcel(m): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
2leftlegs:

Don't under estimate them ooo
Airtel and mtn have 4G
At least I've seen mtn 4G on a bold 5 before

If you no go gree for me, ah go gree for you. U don win, dem get 4G.
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
Osyxcel:

So na that one dey sweet Ur belle?

You no know say some phones like Samsung and HTC classify them phones under 2G and 4G

So that 3G, 3.5G, 3.75G and 4G fall under "4G" classification.
Lol well on this phone It dosent show 3.5G or 3.75G it shows Edge 3G or 4G
But the 4g comes and goes frequently
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
Osyxcel:

If you no go gree for me, ah go gree for you. U don win, dem get 4G.
Ose jare!
cheesy
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
i bet airtel 4g full bar isn't even half of etisalat's one bar 3g... Matter of fact, that airtel 4gbwey u dey shout, d download reach 1.5mbps?? Keep bluffin'

Dnt even knw why m commenting on dis shiiittty thread... i'l consider using airtel lyk once in 5 momths when i can download @ 1mbps+... #peace
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Spiff20(m): 12:17am On Oct 11, 2014
2leftlegs:
Whatsapp-*948#-N100
Bbm-*440*22#-N300
Opera mini-*885*1#-N300
The 128mb for N730
Then yesterday I just realized that with N200 you could get all these from the WTF(whatsapp facebook and twitter) bundle with Bbm inclusive and opera mini not included!
Trust me this network would make you love your phone even more! I'm using an iPhone 5s and because of these bundles my parents are telling me I should leave my phone at home when I'm going to xool cause I'm seriously addicted to it cheesy
I use the WTFB bundle and it works with opera mini too.
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by timilehing(m): 5:58am On Oct 11, 2014
How much dem pay u for dis advertundecided You must be Heltel staff
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Spiff20:
So would you classify airtel as a crappy network?
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2014
Spiff20:
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by 2leftlegs(m): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Haters of airtel #bad belle in de pain dem sha cheesy
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by ddjay: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
2leftlegs:
Whatsapp-*948#-N100
Bbm-*440*22#-N300
Opera mini-*885*1#-N300
The 128mb for N730
see airtel contract staff (parmanent staff are mgt staffs,junior 4 contract)
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by texazzpete(m): 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
2leftlegs:

See for yourself!!

That doesn't count. You have a skin on your iPhone. It's most likely just replacing the 3.5G icon with '4G'.

Either that or it's reporting HSDPA as 4G like T-mobile used to do
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by mez(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Leopantro:

Please show me the way!
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by aieromon(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
2leftlegs:

#blasphemy
Re: Opinion:airtel Is The Best Mobile Network For HIGH END Phones In Nigeria!! by Emmanuel602(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
It all boils down to your location. For me here in yola the network is OK and I enjoy their 2gb for 1k android bundle. Mind your it's legitimate you don't have to cheat or something

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Free Data / CES 2016: These Two Samsung Innovations Will Drop Your Jaw! See!!!! / Tecno Camon CM Review And Hands-on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.