Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Help! Sendo X Won't Power On - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Sendo X Won't Power On (1254 Views)

Power On A Phone Without Battery!!! / What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own / Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by symbianDON(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2006
cry help my sendo x won't SWITCH ON! i don't know what to do. the problem is NOT software related cos the phone does not just power on so it can't even be refomatted. the screen was white at first so i removed and replaced the battery and that was it! if u have any idea pls do post it. thanx
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by Neoteny(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2006
sir, ur fone is busted. buy a new one. <kidding> well if it aint software prob there aint much u can do save taking it to self-styled "engineers" and letting 'em rip at 'er guts. u could get lucky.
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by Naslala(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2006
Does the power come on whn u plug d charger into power outlet if yes try total reset,have u tried replacing wit new battries,does ur infra red work b4 or does d lite just remain on.U culd take it 2 an expert
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by symbianDON(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2006
coolwow! now i can sigh with relieve. u guys won't believe it but i finally got my phone to work again! thanks to everyone who showed some concern. fact is, i did it MYSELF.
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by Neoteny(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2006
[color=#990000][/color] why not share ur steps so others can learn?hmm?
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by symbianDON(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2006
sorry i was actually so excited i didn't remember to share. well fixing my phone wasn't really such a big deal afterall. i figured out that the operating system might have been tampered with (probably by the KASPERSKY antivirus i was using) cos i was sure it wasn't hardware. how? remember i reported that when i put it on it displayed a blank screen and afterwards refused to start up at all. actually, i had been toying with the idea of flashing the phone but yesterday it occured to me to try to put it in UPGRADE MODE. after several attempts i was able to do that. i then sort of re-upgraded the phone firmware and bingo!!!! there i was: i worked and i didn't lose anything on my phone. of course as a precaution i uninstalled the kaspersky. for an antivirus i recommend NETQUIN. grin
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by Neoteny(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
kaspersky keeps a process running in the background that screws up booting after u power off and back on again. i had similar prob with facewave whose installer messes with power on and i had to format my E/. netquin is utter rubbish. i much prefer simworks antivirus cos it has the best background scanning mode taking minimal runtime memory ive so far seen.
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by symbianDON(m): 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
i have personally experienced instances where simworks nearly screwed my phone for good especially with the recent versions. actually i guess it had to do with the teams that did the cracking( they were not purchased versions, i must confess). netquin is still in beta phase, don't forget, and actually it did a good job detecting and cleaning viruses i tested it against. in any case, symantec's norton 4 mobiles and mcafee don't run neatly on s60v1.0 phones. what do you think neoteny?
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by Neoteny(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2006
simworks messes with thread priorities wen u try to run an app at the same moment the autoscanner is gearing even tho that same auto feature was wat endeared it to me. therefore, i do manual scans. hmm, hav not tried mcafee and norton cos frankly im not much bothered by symbian viruses which are more like trojans, really.
the latest version of simworks u talk of is probably the one some yap modded by adding a norton MBM to make it look cool. so uncool!
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by pope732901(m): 1:47pm On Mar 19, 2008
Thats the beginning and the end of your phone.

Like owner like phone
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by tobidaflava(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2008
End Of Discussion.
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by tobidaflava(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2008
End Of Discussion.
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by hayprof(m): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2008
pope732901:

Like owner like phone

Mr. Pope undecided
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by tobs(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2008
pope732901:

Like owner like phone
dont u read the dates wen diz topic was created. . . . . its old. . . . . angry
Re: Help! Sendo X Won't Power On by sisqology(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2008
@thread poster, pls where did u get the antivirus from? i need it, i use 9300

(1) (Reply)

For Those Of Ya Who Still Surf The Web With Ya Phone You Can Now Download The New Operamini To Your / Help On Installing Java Apps/games On Chinese Nokia N-95 / Starcomms Evdo, Visafone Evdo Or Glo 3gplus, Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.