Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own (26711 Views)

Which Android Phone Does Donald Trump Use? / Is Glo Switching Off Their Network Intentionally / How To Fix Your BB From Switching Off By Itself(mainly CURVE USERS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 7:23am On Jan 31, 2015
If your phone appears to have problems with power, the problem may be with the phone, the battery, or the charger. Before bringing your phone into a Carlcare Service Center point for inspection, please perform the following checks:
*1 Fully charge the battery according to the instructions presented in the user guide.
*2 Remove and re-insert the battery according to the instructions presented in the user guide.
*3 Check that you are using an original battery and charger compatible with your phone model. You can find compatibility information in your user guide.
*4 If you have access to another battery and charger of the same type as yours, try substituting them to determine if the issue is with the phone, the battery, or the charger.
*5 Make sure your device is running the latest software.
If you are unable to test your phone or it still keeps switching off, please bring it to the nearest Carlcare Service Center for inspection.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2015
Buy a better phone

7 Likes

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Mynd44: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2015
Check your memory card for viruses
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by spartoo: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2015
virus bro..
my fone had dat problem
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Emeka71(m): 8:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Sometimes, Phone Memory is jam-packed.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by tanfani: 11:01am On Jan 31, 2015
it's good to know that my forcefully closed thread has sparked a change. Kudos Carlcaresophia, this is exactly what I was asking you Carlcare reps to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Whizpeter(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
If your phone appears to have problems with power, the problem may be with the phone, the battery, or the charger. Before bringing your phone into a Carlcare Service Center point for inspection, please perform the following checks:
*1 Fully charge the battery according to the instructions presented in the user guide.
*2 Remove and re-insert the battery according to the instructions presented in the user guide.
*3 Check that you are using an original battery and charger compatible with your phone model. You can find compatibility information in your user guide.
*4 If you have access to another battery and charger of the same type as yours, try substituting them to determine if the issue is with the phone, the battery, or the charger.
If you are unable to test your phone or it still keeps switching off, please bring it to the nearest Carlcare Service Center for inspection.

The last time I checked, Tecno, Infinix or Itel does not support OTA updates
So can you explain that point 5?
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by BE811APP: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
OP.. Do u have a representative in Jos, plateau state??
I gat a cracked screen on my infinix Zero
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2015
BE811APP:
OP.. Do u have a representative in Jos, plateau state??
I gat a cracked screen on my infinix Zero
Hi! You can try to contact our phone collecting point in Jos, following are the address and hotline: 1 St. Theresa shopping complex,beside electricity house Ahmadu Bello way Jos 08036470446. Or you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will help you solve the problem. Attached pls find the contact information of our service centers in Nigeria, you can choose one to go. Thank you!

1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by infinityaz: 7:41am On Feb 09, 2015
Pls can u get me d number of any of d carlscare agent here in Lagos? Thank u.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Albert247: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2015
My name is ken, A technician@ carlcare service centre opebi lagos, for repairs and technical assist on Tecno,Infinix and Itel mobile phones. Call me or whatsap +2348139609214
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Popdy(f): 9:33pm On May 03, 2015
Pls I brought a Tecno H6 phone to ur service centre at Opebi Ikeja for repair since 1st of April cos it was not booting and it had speaker and screen problem(screen is not broken tho)and I was told to come back d ffl week for d phone,I went d ffl week but I was told it wasn't ready dat I should come back d ffl week again dat it would av been ready by dat time but I should call d hotline b4 coming, since then I av been calling but u guyz keep posting me dat it isn't ready nd I should check back d ffl week afta waiting for ages b4 u guys pick calls,I came all d way to Lagos frm school jst to collect my phone but it seems u guys just collect phones and dump dem sumwhere without doing anything about them,I just hope what I read on another thread in this forum abt u guyz using pples phones as spare parts isn't true.....pls and pls I av to travel back to school dis week and I'm afraid I won't be able to come back to Lagos until afta 3 mnths and according to d notice on ur work order slip it would av been disposed off by then..
Pls kindly do something about it,
WO number is LF1350373 and IMEI/ S/N /ESN is 355945***190184....Thanks
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Popdy(f): 9:36pm On May 03, 2015
Albert247:
My name is ken, A technician@ carlcare service centre opebi lagos, for repairs and technical assist on Tecno,Infinix and Itel mobile phones. Call me or whatsap +2348139609214
Pls I brought a Tecno H6 phone to ur service centre at Opebi Ikeja for repair since 1st of April cos it was not booting and it had speaker and screen problem(screen is not broken tho)and I was told to come back d ffl week for d phone,I went d ffl week but I was told it wasn't ready dat I should come back d ffl week again dat it would av been ready by dat time but I should call d hotline b4 coming, since then I av been calling but u guyz keep on posting me dat it isn't ready nd I should check back d ffl week afta waiting for ages b4 u guys pick calls,I came all d way to Lagos frm school jst to collect my phone but it seems u guys just collect phones and dump dem sumwhere without doing anything about them,I just hope what I read on another thread in this forum abt u guyz using pples phones as spare parts isn't true.....pls and pls I av to travel back to school dis week and I'm afraid I won't be able to come back to Lagos until afta 3 mnths and according to d notice on ur work order slip it would av been disposed off by then
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Zizoucollins(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good evening ,pls I want your sincere and honest opinion with the issue on ground.my infinix zero phone screen got broken and came back after some 3 months plus .Unfortunately for me I was charging it and the phone just went off ,blank ,nothing came on .tried other chargers but nothing worked and it also happened to my Infinix tab too the same time ,coz I was charging em at the SaME time.I immediately rushed down to a. tech friend of mine who said he would check it for me and later told me it was battery issue ,I then decided to go to carlcare office in Ibadan.They said they could not fix it since they didn't open it first.Can I still get it fixed ,I will Bear the cost I don't want to just throw the phone away just like that ..
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Omotayor123(f): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
My Android Techno Y4 have been telling me this each time I scan my phone through Anti virus..

And I can't resolve it. Any solution pls. My phone has been acting funny since then..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Omotayor123(f): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
My phone techno Y4 have been showing this.. Each time I scan it through Antivirus. Any suggestions or solution pls. As it has been acting funny since then.

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2015
Omotayor123:

My phone techno Y4 have been showing this.. Each time I scan it through Antivirus. Any suggestions or solution pls. As it has been acting funny since then.
Hi! You can try to restore factory settings first, but remember to back up important files. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Omotayor123(f): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! You can try to restore factory settings first, but remember to back up important files. Thank you!
I did.. I even reinstalled the phone but the problem persist.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2015
Omotayor123:

I did.. I even reinstalled the phone but the problem persist.
Then pls try to hard reset your phone, the steps are as follows: turn off your phone, then press power button and volume down button at the same time. However, you might lose all your data. Pls back up important files first. Thank you!
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Omotayor123(f): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Then pls try to hard reset your phone, the steps are as follows: turn off your phone, then press power button and volume down button at the same time. However, you might lose all your data. Pls back up important files first. Thank you!
Will try that. Tnx..
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
carlcaresophia Help my tecno m6 only charges when switched off................
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by lcoral(f): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
My Samsung also have this exact issue. It charges when connected to a charger. But do not know y its goes off itself when switched on.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Sirwilliamz(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2015
Albert247:
Hi Albert247, please, i need your urgent assistance concerning my android itel 1701 tablet which started malfunctioned always stop whenever i open any application on it and display a message like this '' Unfortunately the application has stopped" and return back to home screen. i bought this phone new two month ago, never root it, and had carried out factory setting twice while the problem still persisted. I can no longer open any application on this phone because it constantly force itself to stopped. please i need your help as per the cause and remedy to this problem so that this phone will not be completely useless. thank you in advance for your assistance.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Mystiq25(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2015
Whizpeter:

The last time I checked, Tecno, Infinix or Itel does not support OTA updates
So can you explain that point 5?
Infinix support OTA update, check your fact.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Whizpeter(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Mystiq25:
Infinix support OTA update, check your fact.

Bro, Are you okay? Did you check the date of that my post? And was the infinix hot note released then? Its not proper for you to be in a hurry to showcase your stupidity especially in public place...
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2015
Emzyme:
carlcaresophia Help my tecno m6 only charges when switched off................
Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2015
Sirwilliamz:

Hi Albert247, please, i need your urgent assistance concerning my android itel 1701 tablet which started malfunctioned always stop whenever i open any application on it and display a message like this '' Unfortunately the application has stopped" and return back to home screen. i bought this phone new two month ago, never root it, and had carried out factory setting twice while the problem still persisted. I can no longer open any application on this phone because it constantly force itself to stopped. please i need your help as per the cause and remedy to this problem so that this phone will not be completely useless. thank you in advance for your assistance.
Hi Sirwilliamz, about the problem you mentioned, we suggest you take your phone, along with your receipt or warranty card, to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. Below is contact information of our service center in Nigeria, you can choose the nearest one. Thank you!
1. 1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja , Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2. 2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
3. No. 55 Kofo, Abayomi Avenue, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria +2348091339530
4. Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279
5. 1st Floor,NO.16 Gwani Street(near King's Care Hospital), off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. +2348181176195
6. 1st Floor, 44B New Market Rd, Onitsha,Anambra,Nigeria +2348177250277
7. 2nd Floor, No.17 Rumuobikani, Trans-amadi Rd, Part-Harcourt,River,Nigeria +2348181700046/8181700074
8. 1st Floor,NO.32 Beirut Rd, Kano Contact, Kano,Nigeria +2348096969680
9. 3rd Floor, G5/F6 Ya Ahmed House, Ahmed Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna, Nigeria +2349095724673
10. No.5-7, Isekhere Street, Off Ibewe Rd,Ring Rd, Benin City, Edo, Nigeria +2348172951002
11. 3rd Floor, Isolak Building,Queen Elizabeth Rd,Ibadan,Oyo,Nigeria +2348172005296
12. 2nd Floor,Ostrich Bakery Building, 155 Ibrahim Taiwo Rd,Ilorin,Kwara, Nigeria +2349092961418
13. Ground Floor, No.20 Mbonu Ojike street, Ikenegbu, Owerri, Imo, Nigeria +2349081941110/9081941111
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by francx(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2015
Hi i already replied ur email but here is my mail just incase francisobiano@gmail.com.am on my way to carl care now
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by AndroBlaze: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello Sophia, pls assist.

I accidentally put my Tecno N9 tab in "Full test" mode and now I am stuck on the "Hall Switch Test"- pls advise on how I can leave this whole test mode and use my tab normally.
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by fashoo2010(m): 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
good afternoon , I've been having problem with my infinix hot note for like 2 weeks nw... The phone usually goes off by itself, then it will come up back showing only infinix, it won't come up fully, it will continue like that offing and, it comes up showing infinix alone... Bt after a lot of trial to on it so Dat it can come up fully, it will come up fully after several pressing of the ON button. After some hours, the same problem will occur again... The problem can occur more than 5 to 8 times in a day.... I just bought d phone last month... What can I do about it please....
Re: What Should I Do If My Phone Does Not Power On Or Keeps Switching Off On Its Own by Carlcaresophia: 7:30am On Dec 02, 2015
fashoo2010:
good afternoon , I've been having problem with my infinix hot note for like 2 weeks nw... The phone usually goes off by itself, then it will come up back showing only infinix, it won't come up fully, it will continue like that offing and, it comes up showing infinix alone... Bt after a lot of trial to on it so Dat it can come up fully, it will come up fully after several pressing of the ON button. After some hours, the same problem will occur again... The problem can occur more than 5 to 8 times in a day.... I just bought d phone last month... What can I do about it please....
Hello Fashoo2010, you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Gives Out N35m Benz G-Wagon To Promo Winner (Photos) / 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.