Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Meet China’s Youngest Hacker - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet China’s Youngest Hacker (1197 Views)

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics / Meet 13year Old Wang Zhengyang, The Youngest Hacker In China / World’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional Arfa Karim Dies, Aged 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by omoreporter: 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2014

A 12-year-old Chinese ‘hacking prodigy’ broke into his school’s computer system and a shopping website, but claims he’s only doing it to help fix security flaws.

Wang Zhengyang hacked into his school’s system, then notified the software company of a security flaw that affected other schools using the program.

However, Wang points out he hacked into high school records, not his own, reports Want China Times.
CCTV reports Wang is also a first-year student at Tsinghua University, and that he began hacking to avoid doing his homework.
But he says it’s all to help websites improve their security, and that he is a moral hacker, or ‘white hat’.
“I meant to help fix the websites,” he told the Chinese Internet Security Conference in Beijing late last month.
“You have to attack the websites first to find its weaknesses.”
He also hacked into an online store, changing price of one item from 2500 yuan to 1 yuan, reports Shanghaiist.
Instead of buying the discounted item, he contacted the online store to alert them to the security breach.
“I think those who hack all day for profit are immoral,” he said.
“It is interesting to look for website security risks and I am overwhelmed with joy when I find one. But I will not use my talent for something illegal.”

Source: http://www.omopedia.com/2014/10/meet-chinas-youngest-hacker.html
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by omoreporter: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
ok
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by luvlyoracle(m): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
N
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by gede7744(f): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
12yrs and in unni? l beg how their schl take be for that side?
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by kennynelcon(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
gede7744:
12yrs and in unni? l beg how their schl take be for that side?
My sister ask them o...d boy na genius if true
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by donphoenix: 12:25am On Oct 12, 2014
with the fake beard. Lol. Why ppl dey lie like dis? E gud 4 ur eye?
Re: Meet China’s Youngest Hacker by technophile(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2014
they should just take care of this boy very well, people that are this brilliant died very young and mostly died a fatal death. Take Alfa karim as an example, she became world's youngest Microsoft Certified Professional at the age of 9. She suffered a cardiac arrest after an epileptic seizure that damaged her brain which lead to her death at the age of 16, how about Stephen Hawking, tho' he is an adult and still very much alive, Hawking has a motor neuron disease related to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). He is almost entirely paralysed and communicates through a speech-generating device nd there thousands of genius out there with one problem or the other

(1) (Reply)

Help A Java Newbie With This Simple Java Program / Help With Image Uploading To Mysql Database + Like System / C: Why Do I Keep Gettng A 'segmentation Fault' Error On C4droid Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.