Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? (1174 Views)

Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Photo Of A LION In The Old Jos Zoo! / Olx A Place For Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by adepiero: 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
This thought crossed my mind and I decided to share it with you guys to know your opinion or view. Some years ago, an incident happened in the university of Ibadan zoo involving a lion and a pastor (Am sure most of us know the story so I won't go into details) and some other ones have also occurred that were not recorded but my question is, Should the animals be allowed to roam freely in jungles instead of their confinement to cages in zoo?

I have written some of my opinion in both cases, kindly share yours

Jungle:
-Nature has bestowed every living creature a natural habitat. For animals this habitat is jungle not zoo.

-Animals cannot speak and are mentally inferior to
humans. But that doesn’t mean we have got the
license to keep them within the walls or behind the
bars.

-Nature has its own ways of limiting the animal
population and every animal has a definite role to
play in natural food cycle. By interfering in the
natural cycles, humans are disturbing the delicate
balance set by nature.

-Every animal prefers to live in its natural habitat.
Facilities in the zoo don’t matter here. The truth is
we cannot create the natural environment in the
zoo.

-We talked a lot about human rights. But we hardly
talk about animal rights, because we don’t care for
them. Like human rights we should respect their
rights too.

Zoo:
-Animal's population is dwindling at alarming rates.
To save this population from extinction we need to
provide them a safe place like zoo.

-Through zoo’s we can educate people about the
animals and make them realize their importance for
us.

-Everyone cannot go to jungles to see animals. So
through zoos, animals artificial habitat can be created in cities, so that people especially children can see animals in reality.

-Zoologist can research on animals through zoos. Also they can monitor animal’s behavior closely for better understanding.

Conclusion:
It’s true that we cannot replicate natural environment of jungle through zoo. But zoos too have their importance. People feel connected to the animals when they encounter them face to face in zoos, as most of them can’t go to jungles for seeing these animals. Still we need to make animals life better with more facilities in zoos. Also provisions can be made to keep an animal in zoo for a limited time only. Zoo environment should be altered to increase its proximity to jungles.
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by adepiero: 4:50am On Oct 11, 2014
This is fp stuff for animal lovers. mods pls do the needful
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by chucky234(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2014
adepiero:
This is fp stuff for animal lovers. mods pls do the needful
Your plan don fail....
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by adepiero: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2014
chucky234:
Your plan don fail....
na ur plan go fail. oloshi
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by chucky234(m): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2014
adepiero:
na ur plan go fail. oloshi
Ackward
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
chucky234:
Ackward

What is ackward?
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
Op, comparing the jungle (natural habitat) with zoo (cage) is like comparing your precious home with FG's kirikiri prison. Animals, just like humans loves freedom and they won't get that in the zoo.
Re: Jungle Or Zoo - Which Is The Right Place For Animals? by adepiero: 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
himkers:
Op, comparing the jungle (natural habitat) with zoo (cage) is like comparing your precious home with FG's kirikiri prison. Animals, just like humans loves freedom and they won't get that in the zoo.
I know no zoo facilities comfort can match the jungle but these animals are going into extinction and need to be protected and as humans we need to protect ourselves from these animals and the only place that provides that kind of security is the zoo.

(1) (Reply)

Give Away / Caucasian Puppies For Sale. / Tiger Saves Zookeeper From A Leopard Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.