Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) (1219 Views)

10 Misused English Words That Make Smart People Look Silly / 20 Stupid Grammar Mistakes That Even Smart People Make. / Puzzle For The Smart People On Nairaland Only (see Picx) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
I am the only black person in my class(using America's one drop rule) but I am not the darkest. How is that possible?
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by blognetbase(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Google is your friend bro
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by yuncka: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Am guessing Ur shadow. But I dnt know wat d shit is 'one drop rule'
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by JayEye(m): 11:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
According to Wikipedia, the one-drop rule is defined as:

“A historical colloquial term in the United States for the social classification as Negro of individuals with any African ancestry; meaning any person with “one drop of Negro blood” was considered black.”

Using the one drop rule, you don't have to be dark to be called black.
Your may appear white (skin colour); your parents may appear white also but if one of your grand parents or ancestor was black; the one drop rule qualifies you as black even though you are white in skin colour.

As for not being the darkest in class; you may just be 'whiter' than the acclaimed non-blacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by acenazt: 12:12am On Oct 11, 2014
Or You are less Evil than the rest
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 4:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Common you guys should think outside the box. I am actually a light skin Nigerian 100 percent African schooling in the us. I am the only one who has African blood running through my veins yet am not the darkest. How is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 5:12am On Oct 11, 2014
acenazt:
Or You are less Evil than the rest
You tried but thats not it.
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by derrick333(m): 6:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Bolt3:
I am the only black person in my class(using America's one drop rule) but I am not the darkest. How is that possible?
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2014
derrick333:

D darkess persn is nt in ur class
not quite. The answer is not twisted, it is straight to the point.
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2014
JayEye:
According to Wikipedia, the one-drop rule is defined as:

“A historical colloquial term in the United States for the social classification as Negro of individuals with any African ancestry; meaning any person with “one drop of Negro blood” was considered black.”

Using the one drop rule, you don't have to be dark to be called black.
Your may appear white (skin colour); your parents may appear white also but if one of your grand parents or ancestor was black; the one drop rule qualifies you as black even though you are white in skin colour.

As for not being the darkest in class; you may just be 'whiter' than the acclaimed non-blacks.
Good analogy but am just a light skinned Nigerian. No one can confuse my skin color with white.
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Bolt3:

Good analogy but am just a light skinned Nigerian. No one can confuse my skin color with white.

We have a darker black American dude.
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2014
GodswillAJudins:

We have a darker black American dude.
black Americans are of African decent
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by derrick333(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2014
Bolt3:

black Americans are of African decent
Omo gv d Ans2d riddle NA! Abi we go kill goat4u 1st?
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hint;
1) Not only blacks and whites are in the US, use your knowledge of geography.
2) We are assuming that only people with African blood are black so Afro latinos and african americans are black.
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by philtrum(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bolt3:
Hint;
1) Not only blacks and whites are in the US, use your knowledge of geography.
2) We are assuming that only people with African blood are black so Afro latinos and african americans are black.

The way I see this thing is that, the one drop rule says African blood not African colour, 1.)definitely there are other people who are not Africans that could have darker skin complexion...Like I can guarantee some Indian guys..are darker than some Nigerians.....
2)and again being a nigerian doesn't mean you're dark in complexion per se

so you can actually be under the one drop rule and and not be the darkest...
Re: Riddle!!! (for Smart People Only) by Bolt3(m): 2:19am On Oct 28, 2014
philtrum:

The way I see this thing is that, the one drop rule says African blood not African colour, 1.)definitely there are other people who are not Africans that could have darker skin complexion...Like I can guarantee some Indian guys..are darker than some Nigerians.....
2)and again being a nigerian doesn't mean you're dark in complexion per se

so you can actually be under the one drop rule and and not be the darkest...
Finally, you got it mehn. There is an indian in my class who is darker than me. Dude your too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Getting Admitted To Higher Institution After Your First JAMB, How Was It? / The Value Of Art. A Term Paper. / Project Topics And Materials In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.