Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) (23630 Views)

3 Billion Naira Residential Building. Possible? / Attention Estate Developers,33.8 Hectares outright Sale In Karu,near Abuja / BayelsaState Government Debunks Claim.The Governor’s office to Cost N3.8billon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by pekeyim: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
[img][/img]Bayelsa State Governor's office to gulp 33.8 billion naira (205 million US Dollars)!!! According to the commissioner of works and infrastructure Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor,
"Ewhrudjakpo said the office complex, when completed, was expected to be the best not only in the country but in the West Africa sub-region."

The Most Expensive House in the USA is 139 million Dollars. Pictures below.

[img][/img]

The New Governor's office is apparently 1.5 times more expensive than the building below @ 33.8 Billon naira (205 million dollars) for an office When the state has major crisis with internal roads as recently televised on NDTV, a good example of the state of most internal roads.
[img][/img]
Please Help Us with roads that can be the best in the country!!!

Following the collapse and the subsequent demolition of the Bayelsa State governor’s office, the state government has disclosed that the new office project under construction would gulp about N33.8 billion.

The Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, disclosed this to journalists during his inspection of the ongoing projects executed by the Governor Seriake Dickson administration.

Ewhrudjakpo said the office complex, when completed, was expected to be the best not only in the country but in the West Africa sub-region.

He stressed that the project would be equipped with the latest state-of-the-art facility.

“The contract sum for the new governor’s office is N33.8 billion As you saw the work done at the site, so far, you will know that the sum is worth the while,” he said.

Ewhrudjakpo expressed optimism that the governor would celebrate this year’s Christmas in the new office.

He said about 50-60 per cent of the contract sum had been sunk into the project so far and that had brought it to near completion.

The commissioner enumerated some of the challenges in erecting the building to include sand-filling of the site to two feet above the ground before the commencement of construction work.

“If you ask me how much we have sunk into it, I won’t be able to tell you. But I can say that about 50-60 per cent of the contract sum has so far gone into it and that’s why the work is at the stage it is.

“When we got there, you saw that they were doing the finishings, fixing electrical and plumbing fittings. Inside the executive chambers, you saw that the air conditioners are already there.

“I can tell you that as soon as we give them (A and K Construction Limited) some additional money, which we have promised to do in the next one or two weeks, the job would have gone very far.

“We are targeting December. We are thinking that his excellency will celebrate the Christmas in his new office all things being equal,” the commissioner said.
Culled from Thisday
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bayelsa-new-governor-s-office-to-gulp-n33bn/190938/

Photo credit.- dailymirror.co.uk

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Justice12345: 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
talk louder!! I can't hear u!
why cant you hear me?
Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Justice12345: 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
Justice12345:

why cant you hear me?
You cant hear me but you can read at least.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by hardywaltz(m): 12:01am On Oct 11, 2014
Project name: Bayelsa State Governor's office
Cost: #33.8 Billion
Jonathanians: World Class Project (thumbs up)

Project name: Abuja City Tower
Cost: ‪#‎70billion‬ naira
Jonathanians: World Class project (thumbs up)

Project name: Rivers Monorail
Cost: ‪#‎29billion‬
Jonathanians: Elephant Project (Jail the Governor or impeach him anyhow)
Double standard in full regale

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Onlinebizexpert(m): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Shey na jesus go stay inside

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by oduastates: 12:22am On Oct 11, 2014
If they like ,let it cost 1 billion dollars.
As long as we see the back of the clueless clown.

17 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by naughtylagosguy(m): 12:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Another governor will come after him, demolish the building and build his own new office to his taste.

This reminds me of a particular trend among local government chairmen in Lagos State some years ago. Almost all of them were demolishing the old secretariat in their respective local government and building new ones. In fact it is part of their 'accomplishments' when they leave office.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by lonelydora: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Wow! see money. Why am I shouting? It's a normal way of governance in Lord Luggard's property called NIGERIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by MrKnowitall: 12:28am On Oct 11, 2014
Business as usual no big deal...nothing to see here.
Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by ddooskie(m): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2014
Haba! Billions on the new government office when departments in the state secretariat still provide electricity for themselves. 'I-pass-my-neighbour arrangement' To say the least, the building's beauty wont be close to that of the US pix above.

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Babyboy1986(m): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmmmm na today
Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by mokane28: 12:28am On Oct 11, 2014
there is god,how can they spend so much on just office building

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by alaladakosta(f): 12:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Only in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by buoye1(m): 12:29am On Oct 11, 2014
I wan sleep 1st......I go comment wen I wake up!!!!booking ma space till de supporters of APC go full here with smelling insults on him!

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by emiye(m): 12:29am On Oct 11, 2014
That state is a paradox. The tiniest and least populated state in Nigeria. With access funds of over 70% of that of Lagos, yet no mega projects except construction of 33.billion naira govt house.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by crusufixo(m): 12:30am On Oct 11, 2014
Ah !!! ah !!! dont u peeps on this forum sleep at all.....
Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by slap1(m): 12:30am On Oct 11, 2014
Only?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2014
So sad!

A small state with just eight local governments; population less than a million, and an unbelievable huge revenues. One would think Bayelsa would lead in everything that matters- school enrollment, affordable health care, social welfare for the vulnerable poor, modern infrastructure, qualitative education for Bayelsans. But here is a f$cktard (apologies to Sagamite) of a governor wasting an unbelievable amount of money on what should be Bayelsa's least priority.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2014
PDP members looting our treasury since AD100, when road no good, school building is nothing to write home about, healthcare is in shambles yet they still divert funds meant for the masses to make theirselves feel heaven on earth, GOD is watching u in 3D glass

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by courage54(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2014
PDP has been looting and wasting our common wealth since 1999. God help Nigeria

Sai Buhari.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by jnrbayano(m): 12:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Will he be having meetings and appointments with God himself in it?

Nigerian Government (Federal, State and Local) has been spendthrift since the time immemorial.

Smh!!

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by blemon44(m): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2014
Some people are still dying of hunger while this useless clowns are there wasting billions of naira just for an office.Education and electricity are still major problems in Nigeria but look at what they are wasting the money for.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by NoContract(m): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2014
slap1:
Only?

ONLY IN NIGERIA

blemon44:
Some people are still dying of hunger while this useless clowns are there wasting billions of naira just for an office.Education and electricity are still major problems in Nigeria but look at what they are wasting the money for.

Cry me a river. Coming from one of the most religious countries in the world. BWAHAHAAHAHAHA.

You people never know anything.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-0jEOYh7t4HY/T4gKmCNADaI/AAAAAAAAAo4/kyakAV5FpkU/s1600/Seneca-B01.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by kenbee(f): 12:34am On Oct 11, 2014
much spending
pekeyim:

"Ewhrudjakpo said the office complex, when completed, was expected to be the best not only in the country but in the West Africa sub-region."

Only if that will make backward Bayelsa to be in the fore-front in West Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by scribble: 12:34am On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmm....

$200 million of their oyel money

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by fharmah(m): 12:35am On Oct 11, 2014
spaced booked ................................ anoder means 2 smuggle money

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by nkpommpko(m): 12:35am On Oct 11, 2014
What is wrong with this people for Gods sakes. Our "leaders" are cursed. Haba!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Jarchi(m): 12:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Wao,see money in ruin. No b mai biznez shey b I b architect self,make I no spoil biznez
Re: Bayelsa State New Governor's Office To Cost 33.8 Billion Naira (205 Million USD) by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 11, 2014
33.8 billion naira?...no wahala...one day na one D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ sha...coming soon!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of My On Going Building. / Stanbic Bank Abesan Estate-Gate On Fire / Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.