Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing (4013 Views)

Is Network Marketing Really So Difficult? Or Is There A Right Way? / Please Who Can Tell Me About Network Marketing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 12:08am On Oct 11, 2014
IS MULTI LEVEL MARKETING A SCAM

A lot of people have been asking this question on this forum recently. Some even want to know if anybody is making money from network marketing. The reason for creating this thread is therefore to:
1. let those people know what Network Marketing a.k.a Multi Level Marketing is
2. Benefits of MLM
3. Introduce a good Network Company to those interested
4. Show them how they can make money from MLM
5. Give them the necessarily support
You will also know why a product can be effective for more one ailment.
Let’s start.
1. WHAT IS MLM/NETWORK MARKETING?

To help you understand what network marketing is, I want to first explain to you what it is not.

Network marketing is not a pyramid scheme. For those who doesn’t know what pyramid scheme is, I’ll explain. Pyramids are programs just like chain letters. You remember those papers that contains message that attempts to convince you, the recipient to photocopy a certain number of the message and then distribute to as many people as you can, and threatens you, the recipient with bad luck you “breaks the chain” and refuses to adhere to the conditions set out in the letter. Today, chain letters are no more letters. They are now sent through social network sites (Whatsapp, BBM broadcast asking you to forward a certain message to 10, 20 people as the case. Even some posts on some facebook fan pages, asking you to like or comment on a particular post, that if you don’t, something bad may happen to you).

In this pyramid scheme, people just invest money based on the promise that other people are going to put in money too, that will filtrate back to them and somehow, they will get rich by the time they sleep and wake up the next morning. A pyramid is strictly a money game; hence it has no basis in real commerce, because there is no product involved at all, but just money changing hands. Today, many modern-days pyramids may have a product(s), but just to disguise the money game.

Having said that, I’ll like to tell you why network business is a legitimate business.
Firstly, it is based on providing people with real, legitimate products that they need and at a good price. Yes, some people do make money from Network Marketing but that comes from the effort they put into building their own business of selling products and services. Let’s not forget that money is built around products and services. Money does not grow wings and fly into people’s pocket. Pyramids are illegal and based on taking advantage of people, because majority of them have no product(s). So for a person to actually make money from it, other people must lose their money too. But in Network Marketing, each person can multiply his or her efforts, skills and talents by helping other to become successful as well. Network marketing has proved itself as part of the new economy and a preferred way to do business around the world.

Network Marketing is a serious business done by serious people. It is not a get rich quick system. Eventhough some people do make large amount of money from it very quickly, it is not based on luck but by following some very basic, yet dynamic principles. All that is required of you to be successful in Network Marketing is just to follow simple, proven and duplicable system that the good companies provide.

The key that unlocks your success mostly and easily in Network Marketing is LEVERAGING. You can leverage your time, effort and resource. Instead of working hard tirelessly over long hours of the day, you can leverage on the time and effort of other people by sponsoring them (recruit) in to the company, in that way you can be paid and earning residual income on their efforts. J. Paul Getty, who created one of the greatest fortunes, in his words said, “I would rather make I percent on the efforts of 100 people than 100 percent on my own effort.” Simply put, he preferred to leverage on the effort of 100 people and getting $1 each from them to make $100, than him working his butt out to make out to make the $100 on his own. Which is better? The former, you would agree with me. Not only will he have to work a lesser hour to make the same amount, but also have a free time for pleasure, and also helping those other people to make some money as well. This very concept is the solid foundation one which Network Marketing is built. The smart ones will always make money from it, while the some intelligent folks may never make money from it due to the analysis-paralysis factor.

For instance, most successful businessmen building a Network Marketing business do so in a very organized way. They work for a few dedicated hours every week to grow their business to have a long life span. What next do they do? They sponsor other people and teach those people how to sell the company product(s) and sponsor others who will in turn duplicate the process. By helping the people they sponsored directly to sponsor others, they are duplicating themselves. As this process continues, they are creating a compound growth that can bring hundreds or thousands of other people to join the business. That is the power of leveraging. By leveraging your time to helping others successful, you will in turn earn an income from all their efforts. That is why it is important that when you register with any Networking Company you are expected to recruit/sponsor down-lines.

to be continued from... 2. THE BENEFITS OF MLM

Get your questions ready and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge as a Network Marketer.

Goodnight!
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
Do we have followers here?
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by 40dogzz(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yeah, u on point. Nigerians ar very ignorant about network marketing, Americans ar making it big in N/M. Robert kiyosaki says network marketing is da bomb any time any day. Am in greenlife, their product works well & their compensation plan is cool too.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2014
40dogzz:
Yeah, u on point. Nigerians ar very ignorant about network marketing, Americans ar making it big in N/M. Robert kiyosaki says network marketing is da bomb any time any day. Am in greenlife, their product works well & their compensation plan is cool too.

good to know. I'll update more to enlighten others.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
I have not been motivated to update this thread because of lack of contributions. If you really want this thread to stay alive, I need contributions. I know alot of people are asking varying question Network Company and this thread is here to provide all the answers.
If you are still skeptical about Network Marketing, let me remind you that it is a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS and a fantastic way to have a residual income if you can identify the right company. I would recommend that you also check Robert Kiyosaki's book, "Business of the 21st Century" if you are really in doubt about the potentials in MLM....

Continuation... I'll really try to summarize this part

2. BENEFITS OF MLM

> there are no big capital requirements(unlike other businesses)

> one time, life time registration

> no geographical limitations(you can do the business from anywhere in the world)

> no minimum quotas required (the other companies you won't want to join are the ones that will make it mandatory for you to buy a minimum quantity of product(s) every month. What if the products are marketable, they will ask you to give it all for free and use it as a bait to recruit others in(Imagine that)

> no special education or skills needed

> low-overhead, homebased business that can actually offer many of the tax advantages associated with owning your own business

> a people-to-people business that can significantly expand your circle of friends

> the good companies will give you leadership training that will be useful to you in other aspects of your life

> It's a business that enables you to travel and have fun as well as enjoy the lifestyle that extra income can provide etc

I'll stop here.
Let's keep this thread alive!

NEXT...

3. INTRODUCING... ONE OF THE BEST AND EMERGING MLM COMPANY IN THE WORLD... To be updated 24/10/2014

Feel free to drop your comments and ask questions.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
since the birth of this thread, I've only had one contribution. Is it people are not really interested about MLM? Yes! Alot of people may have burnt their fingers in time past with other pyramid scheme disguising as Networking Marketing Companies. That doesn't mean legitimate ones are no linger in existence. That is the aim of this thread, to discuss every about MLM: identifying a good company et al. It's a good home based biz and doesn't demand much of your time, and the financial potential is great. For those of us who may be interested in MLM biz, please let's rub minds!
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
I am also a member of greenlife. but i am no more active with it since they do not av an online account where i can monitir my PV. Some top ppl are taking d advantage.

Presently into guarapad.

contact me : ttymyluv@gmail.com
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by wale81: 12:28am On Feb 02, 2015
Last time I posted on MLM, I got banned for like close to two months....its still on going sef....

People just need to abandon their thirst for get rich quick schemes, get a good company with a good track record, with a good product, and learn the skills and stay at it for 2-4 years.

Its a four year career...

1 Like

Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
ttymyluv:
I am also a member of greenlife. but i am no more active with it since they do not av an online account where i can monitir my PV. Some top ppl are taking d advantage.

Presently into guarapad.

contact me : ttymyluv@gmail.com

I hope your company meet all the requirements of a genuine networking company. If yes, please try and grow your team. I am with Alliance In Motion Global. They have unique products and a flexible system. If you are a vibrant net-worker, you will need a little effort to succeed.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
wale81:
Last time I posted on MLM, I got banned for like close to two months....its still on going sef....

People just need to abandon their thirst for get rich quick schemes, get a good company with a good track record, with a good product, and learn the skills and stay at it for 2-4 years.

Its a four year career...

Probably, there was something about your business approach. Sorry b about that.

One thing I have come to notice about networking business is that recruiters try to recruit prospects by building their mind on high hopes without enlightening them properly about the business. So the new recruits after joining the business start to feel frustrated and easily lose interest when they don't see what they were promised.

I have actually witnessed a situation where a prospect was being told all manner of lies just to get her to register. I shook my head and thought how frustrated she would be when she joins the business and realized that was lied to.

I have a wonderful team that is ready to educate and support any prospect who wants to come on board and be a successful net-worker. Joining a good is one thing, having an organized and supporting team is another.

Anybody willing to know more about my company should kindly drop his/her email. I'll surely get in touch.\

Happy networking, good more earning!
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2015
I know alliance in motion. Guarapad are transdermal products tgey are not oral and dats y alot of pple like it. God bless u too in ur team.

G12:

I hope your company meet all the requirements of a genuine networking company. If yes, please try and grow your team. I am with Alliance In Motion Global. They have unique products and a flexible system. If you are a vibrant net-worker, you will need a little effort to succeed.
I know alliance in motion. Guarapad are transdermal products tgey are not oral and dats y alot of pple like it. God bless u too in ur team.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by G12(m): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
I'll be posting an update soon on the uniqueness of Alliance In Motion Global, as one of the best and flexible Networking Company existing in Nigeria.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by 40dogzz(m): 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
Mlm is still the best biz @t there. Am in one of the best online mlm biz, if u want 2 join me send me an email petmore54@gmail.com, this is the first online business school, where u learn & earn. The platform is too thight. Most of the materials used in lagos biz sch are gotten from lifeskill.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by Redeemed(f): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Forever Living Products is one of the best and reputable MLM business which has been in existence since 1978. Their products include varieties of nutritional supplements derived from Aloe Vera plant, personal care, skin care and weight management products that have been tested and trusted over the years to ascertain their effectiveness.
This business also provides financial freedom and also offers you to travel to different part of the world when you get to a level.

If you are interested, you can pm me or send me an email to bukkyjez@gmail.com for further enquiries.

2 Likes

Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
I represent GUARAPAD

GAURAPAD ANTI TOXIN

Hello Beautiful people,
Gaurapad has 6 products. They are all external which means, you apply it on the skin and you don’t swallow pills or drugs. No side effects.
The Gaurapad products are:
Anti Toxin, Arthritis, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Immunity and Slim.
What is Gaurapad Anti-Toxin?
Gaurapad Anti-Toxin is the original detoxifying formula that removes toxins from the body and promotes a stronger immune system.
Gaurapad Anti-Toxin … is a natural way to assist your body in the removal of heavy metals, metabolic wastes, toxins, microscopic parasites, mucus, chemicals, cellulite and much more.
Based on the principles of reflexology and acupressure that have been used for over 1000 years.
Gaurapad Anti-Toxin contains an all natural combination of:
* wood vinegar,
* bamboo vinegar,
* chitosan, * tourmaline,
* plant powder,
* cornstarch, and
* vitamin c..
The Gaurapad Anti-Toxin formula helps to:
* Assists in the extraction of toxins from the body. * Assists in the alleviation of minor pain in the body.
* Strengthen the Immune System.
* Assists in the natural cleansing of the Lymphatic System.
* Enhances blood circulation. * Reduces swelling in the body. * Assists in the extraction of heavy metals from the body.
* Improves quality of sleep.
* Promotes vibrant health and wellness
Simply apply Gaurapad Anti-Toxin to the soles of your feet before you go to bed, and remove them when you wake up. You will feel vitalized, detoxified and fresh.
Seeing is Believing !
These anti toxin formulas help to cleanse your body’s waste products in an easy, trouble-free and painless way.
The color of the products will change according to the condition of your health.
Those with health problems will notice the sheets are initially quite soggy and moist the following morning.
With regular use, the sheets will progressively get lighter and less moist, indicating a steady improvement in your health.
The detoxifying formula can also be applied to specific problems on localised parts of the body, such as the wrist, knee, shoulder, ankle, and groin.
* No Side Effects.

opp Big joe motors utako Abuja.
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by BobbyCreep: 5:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Take a look, everybody have own Network Marketing Organization they represent... Now what if a solution lies for all Networkers to succeed in their various networking business, will they buy into it?
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by kennethkaycee(m): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
G12:
since the birth of this thread, I've only had one contribution. Is it people are not really interested about MLM? Yes! Alot of people may have burnt their fingers in time past with other pyramid scheme disguising as Networking Marketing Companies. That doesn't mean legitimate ones are no linger in existence. That is the aim of this thread, to discuss every about MLM: identifying a good company et al. It's a good home based biz and doesn't demand much of your time, and the financial potential is great. For those of us who may be interested in MLM biz, please let's rub minds!

I marvel at your existence as a person, if at one time you speak Highly about something and at another you disapprove over same topic you tried pitching to people then I would say you have no HONOUR.
When I utter a word, I stand to defend it to the last even if it threatens my existence.
Just your comment about my thread brought it down you screaming "it is MLM joor".
Same you in time past has done this wonderful write up, then I must say you have no HONOUR!
Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by kennethkaycee(m): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2016
@G12
if you don’t know what to comment on people's thread wouldn't it be wise that you move on rather than "bad-mouthing" the person?
I'm so "mad" at you cos I had a wonderful thread going before you dropped that bomb that brought the MODs my way.
If all you live for is to bring down people then you are best described in the picture below...
I pray that you will succeed in all your endeavour, I've forgiven you.

Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by kennethkaycee(m): 8:48am On Feb 23, 2016
G12:
I have not been motivated to update this thread because of lack of contributions. If you really want this thread to stay alive, I need contributions. I know alot of people are asking varying question Network Company and this thread is here to provide all the answers.
If you are still skeptical about Network Marketing, let me remind you that it is a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS and a fantastic way to have a residual income if you can identify the right company. I would recommend that you also check Robert Kiyosaki's book, "Business of the 21st Century" if you are really in doubt about the potentials in MLM....

Continuation... I'll really try to summarize this part

2. BENEFITS OF MLM

> there are no big capital requirements(unlike other businesses)

> one time, life time registration

> no geographical limitations(you can do the business from anywhere in the world)

> no minimum quotas required (the other companies you won't want to join are the ones that will make it mandatory for you to buy a minimum quantity of product(s) every month. What if the products are marketable, they will ask you to give it all for free and use it as a bait to recruit others in(Imagine that)

> no special education or skills needed

> low-overhead, homebased business that can actually offer many of the tax advantages associated with owning your own business

> a people-to-people business that can significantly expand your circle of friends

> the good companies will give you leadership training that will be useful to you in other aspects of your life

> It's a business that enables you to travel and have fun as well as enjoy the lifestyle that extra income can provide etc

I'll stop here.
Let's keep this thread alive!

NEXT...

3. INTRODUCING... ONE OF THE BEST AND EMERGING MLM COMPANY IN THE WORLD... To be updated 24/10/2014

Feel free to drop your comments and ask questions.

See the big contrast between what you posted and your comment on my thread

Re: Is Network Marketing A Scam? - All You Need To Know About Network Marketing by Luchiana1(f): 11:41am On Apr 03, 2018
Own a brand new laptop,iPad,,generator,,fridge ,,ac,,TV,,gas cooker,,brand new car,,brand new house,,,All expense paid International trip,,scholarship for your 2 kids,,,and residual income for life...call/WhatsApp zero eight zero eight four two two six eight nine five
www.helpinghandsintl.biz

(1) (Reply)

A Website That Pays You $2 For Every Referral You Bring. / IBADAN Chemical Market? Ojota Chemical Market / Distributorship Of BUA Cement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.