Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? (6504 Views)

Ladies Why Do You Wear Mini-skirt If You Dont Feel Comfortable In It? / What Type Of Perfume Do You Use? / Ladies; Why Do You Like To Wear G- Strings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 7:52am On Oct 11, 2014
Okay, I have always wondered why ladies prefer other women's hair to their own hair, I mean both are hairs right? So why does one women go hunting for another woman's hair to beautify her own when she can easily maker hers beautiful as well.

In as much as I do not condemn the use of attachments on ladies, I have however not seen the logic in using someone else's hair when you have yours. So many Nigerian lady for example crave so much for these Brazilian hairs, Peruvian hairs.. etc, and sometimes I wonder why this is the case, do brazilian women also crave for Nigerian hairs? I guess not.

Now I understand that at some point, some ladies use these attachments in situations when their natural hair is unpleasant or untidy but I have also met lot of ladies who have natural well - kept beautiful hairs who just prefer to have another woman's hair on hers. For me, this is so downgrading of the African hair and a sign of inferiority complex, there are millions of hairstyles you can rock on your natural hair, so why the crave for another hair? that's my opinion anyway because infact I appreciate ladies who use their natural hair more often than those who prefer another woman's hair to hers.

So maybe am missing something since am only a guy but I will love to know why some ladies prefer another person's hair to theirs. I mean I just don't understand the logic.

Nairaland ladies, your opinions are needed please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 7:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Natural Hairs

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2014
I ain a lady but lemme ask mahh sister tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 7:56am On Oct 11, 2014
Brazilian Hairs/ Attachments

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 11, 2014
we use attachments to plait some hairstyles that can't be plaited using our natural hair.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2014
snowprince07:
I ain a lady but lemme ask mahh sister tongue

Do please
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
we use attachments to plait some hairstyles that can't be plaited using our natural hair.

You care to expatiate please?
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:

You care to expatiate please?
look at those pictures posted up, human hair cannot be used to plait such hairstyles, coz our (African) hair is either too short, or colored differently from the color of the hairstyle we want or any other factor.. that why we need to use attachments.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
look at those pictures posted up, human hair cannot be used to plait such hairstyles, coz our (African) hair is either too short, or colored differently from the color of the hairstyle we want or any other factor.. that why we need to use attachments.
thanks for the reply but do you ladies really have to plait the type of hairs your natural hair isn't capable of?

Do brazilian women also use African women hairs?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:

thanks for the reply but do you ladies really have to plait the type of hairs your natural hair isn't capable of?

Do brazilian women also use African women hairs?
yes! when a lady sees a type of her she likes, she plaits it. it makes us even more beautiful, and guys admire us. half and a quarter of the girls u ask out use attachments on their hair, that's one of the reasons u get attracted to them. and yes Brazilian women do use African hair! African hair is unique, its coarse and afroish,..something that other continents don't have, so a Brazilian woman might like afro, and because her hair is silky naturally, it can't be made into an afro wig, that's when she buys the weavon or dig and puts it on her hair.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
yes! when a lady sees a type of her she likes, she plaits it. it makes us even more beautiful, and guys admire us. half and a quarter of the girls u ask out use attachments on their hair, that's one of the reasons u get attracted to them. and yes Brazilian women do use African hair! African hair is unique, its coarse and afroish,..something that other continents don't have, so a Brazilian woman might like afro, and because her hair is silky naturally, it can't be made into an afro wig, that's when she buys the weavon or dig and puts it on her hair.

Thanks for educating me a bit.

I however recommend this thread to you:

https://www.nairaland.com/1469893/how-grow-nigerian-hair-long
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2014
*Jst passing by*
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:

Thanks for educating me a bit.

I however recommend this thread to you:

https://www.nairaland.com/1469893/how-grow-nigerian-hair-long
u welcome. yeah I've read that thread, even if u have long hair, can u make Ur long African hair Brazilian?? nah, u still need their weavon. there are other hairstyles that require just more than long hair dear smiley
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
u welcome. yeah I've read that thread, even if u have long hair, can u make Ur long African hair Brazilian?? nah, u still need their weavon. there are other hairstyles that require just more than long hair dear smiley

If your hair isnt brazilian, then i guess its not meant to be brazilian, but well, you know better, so I understand.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by OsoDupe(f): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
u really mean biz tackling ds guy o grin
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2014
zleemshaddy:
*Jst passing by*

okay, leave a comment if you are a lady.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2014
OsoDupe:

You mean tackling? She gave a very good explanation which I appreciate, even though she didn't totally answer my questions.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Lovetinz(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:

I have NEVER been attracted to a woman because of her hair.
Poise, neatness, intelligence are my own turn-ons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2014
Lovetinz:

Same here, a lady's hair has little to do with my attractions for her, as long as it is neat and tidy. I love ladies on natural hairs better.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 11, 2014
OsoDupe:
lolz just tryna make him understand

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 11, 2014
Lovetinz:

really? well that's good of u.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
really? well that's good of u.

Are you surprised? It's true about so many guys but ladies do think their hair is a main factor in getting attractions.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:

The best ANSWER so far.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lovetinz:

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Jennydoris:

The best ANSWER so far.

But you and I know it's not always true, some ladies do normal braids with attachments naw.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
Jennydoris what do you think about such an hair, can't natural hair do this?

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:

But you and I know it's not always true, some ladies do normal braids with attachments naw.

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer using attachment to braid my hair except if I want to go natural and 95% of women don't like braiding without using attachment.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by Jennydoris(f): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
haibe:
Jennydoris what do you think about such an hair, can't natural hair do this?

If our African hair can grow this long then there will be no need for attachment and weavon. But as you know naturally African hair can grow long but definitely not as this one. So that's why some add a little attachment to their hair to give it a beautiful look. Remember that our choices differs.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by SpcAgtOko: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Is my opinion accepted here?

Natural is best, tho some ladies aren't taught how to care for their natural hair, thus proclaiming it's too hard to handle and attaching fake hair that is easier to manage.

Some ladies do things to their hair in a bid to make it easier to manage, but in turn damage their hair, so they attach fake to cover it up.

Some ladies are brainwashed into believing beauty is only achieved with a particular hair texture/type/length.

It isn't just African girls though. Oyinbos attach extensions to lengthen their hair and make it fuller. I think it's equally as ridiculous.

Too many people obsessed with creating beauty instead of finding beauty in what they already have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
Jennydoris:

So that's why some add a little attachment to their hair to give it a beautiful look.

In order words, the African hair is not so beautiful. . I now understand.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
Jennydoris:

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer using attachment to braid my hair except if I want to go natural and 95% of women don't like braiding without using attachment.

Okay but don't you ladies feel inferior having to fix a fake hair ? Am just wondering.
Re: Ladies: Why Do You Use Attachments? by haibe(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
SpcAgtOko:
Is my opinion accepted here?

Natural is best, tho some ladies aren't taught how to care for their natural hair, thus proclaiming it's too hard to handle and attaching fake hair that is easier to manage.

Some ladies do things to their hair in a bid to make it easier to manage, but in turn damage their hair, so they attach fake to cover it up.

Some ladies are brainwashed into believing beauty is only achieved with a particular hair texture/type/length.

It isn't just African girls though. Oyinbos attach extensions to lengthen their hair and make it fuller. I think it's equally as ridiculous.

Too many people obsessed with creating beauty instead of finding beauty in what they already have.

Your opinion is always accepted m'am

I think you just broke it down totally, most ladies can't manage their hair or are brainwashed into thinking the afro hair isn't beautiful or has a bad texture.

It's too common among Nigerian ladies, that's why am a bit bordered. Am sure only less than 50% of oyinbo ladies do have to use attachments but greater than 80% of Nigerian ladies are into this and it's so ridiculous.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Of The Most Stylish Old School Nigerians You Will Ever See! / If You Were Told To Use Only One Item Of Makeup What Will It Be? / Kubwa-Abuja: Imported Perfume @#1,200 Per One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.