Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). (4763 Views)

UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / JAMB Explains Admission Procedure To Protesting Candidates, Parents / Wole Soyinka Loses On Becoming Oxford's Next Professor Of Poetry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by Dezzx(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mcleo007:

Yes I do bro. I look up to him; his brilliance and incisiveness... Read his work in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and your world would be blown apart. His work, Ecce homo is a reference point in contemporary existentialism. And yes again, atheism is the new religion.
was it not the same Nietzche that influence Hitler opinion about the superior of the Aryans race, which invariably led to trying to conquer the Europe , which lead to the 2nd world war.
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by alexis007(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mcleo007:

Yes I do bro. I look up to him; his brilliance and incisiveness... Read his work in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and your world would be blown apart. His work, Ecce homo is a reference point in contemporary existentialism. And yes again, atheism is the new religion.
....ok bro,i see....talking about atheism...i'm sure we are worlds apart in ideology.....so i better leave you with your arrogant 'self-worship' mentality b4 you invade my sense of morality with atheistic sermon....i just hope that @ the end of the day,you are right about the non-existence of God while i'm wrong....
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by Mcleo007(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
alexis007:
....ok bro,i see....talking about atheism...i'm sure we are worlds apart in ideology.....so i better leave you with your arrogant 'self-worship' mentality b4 you invade my sense of morality with atheistic sermon....i just hope that @ the end of the day,you are right about the non-existence of God while i'm wrong....

There's this dictum, "the truly religious man is one without a religion." By your saying arrogant sense of...., I hope you're not confusing atheism to mean morality, or seating both concepts against each other. Morality has nothing to do with belief or otherwise in God; it's a uniquely distinct virtue.
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by Mcleo007(m): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dezzx:

was it not the same Nietzche that influence Hitler opinion about the superior of the Aryans race, which invariably led to trying to conquer the Europe , which lead to the 2nd world war.

Are you blind to the fact that all races are not socially equal? Or you're just apologetic to the fact there's a sense discomfort in knowing that the black race is inferior to the whites! And yes, Nietzsche inspired Hitler and a lot more people... That's w what you get from great thinkers like him.
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by alexis007(m): 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mcleo007:

There's this dictum, "the truly religious man is one without a religion." By your saying arrogant sense of...., I hope you're not confusing atheism to mean morality, or seating both concepts against each other. Morality has nothing to do with belief or otherwise in God; it's a uniquely distinct virtue.
...morality has to do to with the sense of right judgement[you can rate that definition on a scale of 1 to 10 if you so wish,mr. I-love-friedrich-nietzche-pass-my-mother]....and if morality has to do with judgement,my right judgement informs me that God exist......and i've got a lil sermon for you....try 2 install it into yourself that there exist a Being superior and more intelligent than you and your vain theories...and He cares about you....try give Him a chance and He would do for you that which you can't do for yourself.....Gaskiya!
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by alexis007(m): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mcleo007:

Are you blind to the fact that all races are not socially equal? Or you're just apologetic to the fact there's a sense discomfort in knowing that the black race is inferior to the whites! And yes, Nietzsche inspired Hitler and a lot more people... That's w what you get from great thinkers like him.
nietzche...Hitler...Himmerlin...martin heidder-something.....i sincerely hope re-incarnation is a joke....'cause this band of beasts with enormous psychic dysfunction do not deserve another existence here or on any other plane.......
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by Mcleo007(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
alexis007:
...morality has to do to with the sense of right judgement[you can rate that definition on a scale of 1 to 10 if you so wish,mr. I-love-friedrich-nietzche-pass-my-mother]....and if morality has to do with judgement,my right judgement informs me that God exist......and i've got a lil sermon for you....try 2 install it into yourself that there exist a Being superior and more intelligent than you and your vain theories...and He cares about you....try give Him a chance and He would do for you that which you can't do for yourself.....Gaskiya!

I'm at a complete loss as to what you're trying to buttress here. For the last part though, I see you're just being emotional, and it's what obsession with religion does to an individual. Religion relegates your ability to reason constructively right to the background. It makes you see green and tell you to call it yellow, while falsely implanting in your mind that, that which you see as green and call yellow, is actually yellow. Isn't that ridiculous?
Re: Professor Explains Philosophy Using Doughnuts (pix). by alexis007(m): 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mcleo007:

I'm at a complete loss as to what you're trying to buttress here. For the last part though, I see you're just being emotional, and it's what obsession with religion does to an individual. Religion relegates your ability to reason constructively right to the background. It makes you see green and tell you to call it yellow, while falsely implanting in your mind that, that which you see as green and call yellow, is actually yellow. Isn't that ridiculous?
my Bible tells me that by strenght shall no man prevail...i can't change you by writing one voluminous religious treatise.....therefore I'd leave your case for God to handle.......that said,if you think you were not created on purpose by an omnipotent Being and therefore deem yourself as unaccountable as you are disdainful of His existence.......that is your problem......'cause the last time i checked He's not dumb and i'm not His spokesman....i'm just doing the needful.....OFFERING THE LIGHT TO A HELPLESS MIND ENVELOPED IN DARKNESS....JESUS SAVES...SINCE 30A.D.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SS1 Biology 1st Term Lesson Notes (FREE Access) / 'IF You Take The COVID19 Vaccines, You Will Become Like This' - Video / How to Pass JAMB 2022 Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.