Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections (34449 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs / Court Nullifies Benue Rep-elect’s Certificate Of Return, Orders Prosecution / Court Nullifies Movement Restriction During Lagos Monthly Sanitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
And it took them a whole three fuccking years to give a gaddamn fuccking verdict. ?

The judiciary is really fuccked up!!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by wellmax(m): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
boombay:
please who is osun??...,i don't know who is osun because i schooled in Franceundecided

You think you are funny, no you are not. You only sounded stu.pid

7 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
The spirit of Mami water is worrying Osun state... they should come for Deliverance **Sprinkles Holy Water on thread** angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Jabioro: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
I beg l no go sch,somebody should help me read it aloud in d house..after l've done wt my term,court nw void it,what all my bill l've engage,argument,d sitting allowance,salary and other emunoment can all dis be nulify..crazy! crazy!! craazy!!!..What a banana republic?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by chinchong: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
grin
boombay:
please who is osun??...,i don't know who is osun because i schooled in Franceundecided

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
wellmax:

This is not true. The Senate and House of Reps have a particular time frame of operation. That is why they have to be inaugurated every four years. Even if elections are held again one month to the expiration of this administration, it means the winners will only serve for one month.
You are right. An error on my part. I'll modify my statement.

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Good news to 9ice.
Senate Abolore Akande till .......
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by waternogetenemy: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
Next stop off is the Osun Governorship election just concluded...

we are waiting for the result from dat case.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
When is dis country, ever gonna be perfectly owkay, when we clap 4 a free and fair election in d east, d reverse becomes d case in either one or two points on rest of d cardinals.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by finsulyman: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Politics is made in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by finsulyman: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
belente:
4 nigeria 2 b among developed countries, it must have
You MB don finish?
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by jadajada: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
only in Nigeria.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by ratiken(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tinubu and his APC introduced another level of bitterness and acrimony in our political terrain. Expect worse manipulations and judgements post 2015 elections. Its bad PDP is trying to pay them back in their own coin. Whatever integrity left of our judiciary will be entirely compromised in the coming months.

Thanks to the frog eyed criminal at bourdillion.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Klem28(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
wellmax:

This is not true. The Senate and House of Reps have a particular time frame of operation. That is why they have to be inaugurated every four years. Even if elections are held again one month to the expiration of this administration, it means the winners will only serve for one month.
You rather seem not to be correct. He was seemingly talking from the position of the law. It is only in the case of a run off election that the term of the holder of an office could be completed by the new winner. This judgement tends to say that no valid election under the headship of "Akeju" was ever held into those offices in question. Therefore, fresh election is warranted. In any case, the most likely of the option he gave is appealing this judgement at the Supreme Court the judgement which could be delivered late before the February General Election. As a lawyer, I join the voices of the Nigerian people that our Judges should be more diligent and pro active. God bless my state- Osun State

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
That means that they will have to nullify ekiti election 2014 too. Sebi na only dem get sense. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Locapito(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
Osun is ur neighbour in ur monkey republic of France. Monkey like u.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by bundur(m): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
C Gobe

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Omimah: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
How come it took the judiciary that long to deliver a judgement on the case? I'm sure when INEC appeals it, the judgement will be delivered in nothing less than five months when the tenure of the legislators would have expired.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by duni04(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
No way this topic's a mistake. OP and the Mod are up to something sinister.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by mbulela: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:
It means that INEC has two options:

1. Accept the verdict and re-conduct the 2011 legislative elections. This automatically means that the senators/reps that were elected in 2011 have lost their mandate. Also this means whoever wins in the new elections has less than 6 months to stay in office before the next 2015 legislative elections.

2. Appeal the verdict at the Supreme Court. In this case, there are 3 possibilities:
a) The Supreme Court might reaffirm the judgements of the lower courts. In this case, we're back to option 1.
b) The Supreme Court could nullify the judgement. In this case, the status quo is maintained
c) The case might linger in the Supreme Court till 2015 elections. In that case, whatever verdict the Supreme Court gives would just be an academic exercise as it's ruling would be overtaken by events grin.

A 2011 case still ongoing till 2014...........this shows how slow our judiciary is. I don't think it's healthy for our democracy. We need a judiciary that would give fast judgements without necessarily compromising it's efficiency.

Very sound and any comment.
Like you said,the fact that a 2011 case is still inconclusive in 2014 is an indictment of our judicial system. No excuse is acceptable for this failed system m. This is worse than rigging.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by wellmax(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Klem28:
You rather seem not to be correct. He was seemingly talking from the position of the law. It is only in the case of a run off election that the term of the holder of an office could be completed by the new winner. This judgement tends to say that no valid election under the headship of "Akeju" was ever held into those offices in question. Therefore, fresh election is warranted. In any case, the most likely of the option he gave is appealing this judgement at the Supreme Court the judgement which could be delivered late before the February General Election. As a lawyer, I join the voices of the Nigerian people that our Judges should be more diligent and pro active. God bless my state- Osun State

Noo, don't get it twisted. Senators and HOR members are not on a compulsory four years tenure. They remain in office as long as that particular republic exits. So once the house or senate is dissolved at any time (usually towards the end of a republic -four years) they remain dissolved, their tenure ends. A new house or senate will have to be inaugurated at the beginning of another republic.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by pistol: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hope the booted out legislators will refund the money they have been eating since 2011

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Trailblazer1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
What a mess by the supposedly progressives!

APC has just shot itself on the foot.
PDP is bad and the change APC wants to give us is to take us from bad to worse.
I don't want this kind of change.

Smh....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by DNDROID(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
Time wasting.... Start the election campaigns already!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by mkoabiola: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bribery in d judiciary
Bribery in inec

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy:

1. Accept the verdict and re-conduct the 2011 legislative elections. This automatically means that the senators/reps that were elected in 2011 have lost their mandate. Also this means whoever wins in the new elections has less than 6 months to stay in office before the next 2015 legislative elections.

2. Appeal the verdict at the Supreme Court. In this case, there are 3 possibilities:
a) The Supreme Court might reaffirm the judgements of the lower courts. In this case, we're back to option 1.
b) The Supreme Court could nullify the judgement. In this case, the status quo is maintained
c) The case might linger in the Supreme Court till 2015 elections. In that case, whatever verdict the Supreme Court gives would just be an academic exercise as it's ruling would be overtaken by events grin.

A 2011 case still ongoing till 2014...........this shows how slow our judiciary is. I don't think it's healthy for our democracy. We need a judiciary that would give fast judgements without necessarily compromising it's efficiency.
Obinna, well said. Our judiciary is the slowest in the world.
They keep giving silly excuses like lack of evidence blah blah blah.
This was the same thing done in Oyo State btw Ladoja & Alao-Akala.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for the explanation

Obinoscopy:

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by johnmartus(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
very abusive after almost complete thier tenure

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Osun 2011 Elections by gratiaeo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
This country is very sick.
Btw does it mean that APC/ACN can not win election without manipulation

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: "Yar'adua Fought Me, He Ended Up In the Grave" (Video) / Salihu Yakasai: No Government Can Condone Sanusi’s Criticisms – Ganduje’s Aide / Ugwuanyi Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho And Kingsley Ogbodo (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.