Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) (5731 Views)

Davido Fighting & Beating A Fan In London --( Pics & Vid ) / Tiwa Savages's Son As Chelsea Fan In New Photo / Davido Escaped Being Beaten Up By Fan In Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Mayadiva(f): 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
If you’re on Facebook, I am certain you are no stranger to messages like this from strangers you’ve never met: “Hi my name is blah blah blah, I need your help please…my account number is…My God will reward you richly. Thank you”

The Internet is crawling with messages like the one above. Ninety percent of those messages are usually brushed aside as scam and forgotten in the same moment they are received. In Nigeria, many of us believe these scams have diabolical connections, so it easy to understand why some of us never get past the first few lines of those messages let-alone send a reply. When you are living in a community riddled with stories of ” touch and follow”, “stolen private parts”, “419” and “good luck bandits” in a twisted sort of way it’s only rational that your mind could become paranoid when faced with strangers in need; even when those faces are harmless avatars on the profiles of a social media network.

Occasionally, I wonder about the number of persons who – after exploring every other option their pride could permit to change a troubling situation – resort to social media networks to seek help, only to be met with cold shoulders because their troubling situation did not have the good fortune to trend on twitter.

A few days ago, a young man; David James Jay, circulated an emotional letter on Facebook and Twitter about his personal struggles. I found two things interesting about his story, namely; his need and the reaction of the public to his situation.

Concerning his need; David isn’t dying of Ebola, his sister isn’t one of the missing girls and there is nothing wrong with his kidney. He is simply a computer science student who needs ten thousand naira (N10,000) to complete his savings to buy a computer in order to make the most of his university education. (Read James’ Story)
Perhaps the concept of a workman in need of work tools is not as emotionally persuasive as a story of rape or starving children. And this could explain why no one (except Don Jazzy who recently sent James the sum of thirty thousand Naira) batted an eyelid to the young man’s tragic tale which in many ways is symbolic of the Nigerian situation today; a rising case of half baked professionals and students with no access to proper learning resources, gearing up to manage an economy that aims to compete actively on the global stage.

I spoke with Mr David on the phone recently (his contact number is available on both his Facebook message and twitter profile), He confirmed that he has almost raised the complete money for his computer and he is very grateful to Don Jazzy for responding to his need. When I asked him if he had expected any positive response from the celebrities and people he contacted for help on his social network, he replied “Yes. I was hopeful that they would respond. I really tried to do it on my own, but I had run out of options. I am grateful to Mr. Don Jazzy for his assistance. When I saw the alert I screamed. My God will continue to bless him and his family“

According to James, his challenge is not totally resolved yet, because of the situation with his brother’s iPad and something about his mother waiting for contributions in her collective to mature.

But he is a long way from where started and he plans to keep pushing his message on Facebook and twitter until he is able to buy the computer he needs for school.

If James is a fraud, the next story that enters our inbox or mentions might be legit. How do we tell the difference? Most times we can’t. But we cannot afford to let those fears cloud our heart and make us cold to strangers in need. Kudos to Don Jazzy for doing the right thing.

Credit Post ; http://gist212.com/2014/10/doroboss-don-jazzy-responds-to-a-fan-in-need/

4 Likes

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
He is the doroboss anyway money speaking

1 Like

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
He is the doroboss anyway money speaking,se make me too ask am 4 help ni
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by sucreblazing(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
God bless don Baba J ......

God bless me too so that I will be able to help the needy

5 Likes

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by ZACHIE: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
his balance is suspect.
He ought to have had 11,000 in it and not 520.

1 Like

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by tellwisdom: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
ZACHIE:
his balance is suspect.
He ought to have had 11,000 in it and not 520.

11k..How?? sad....he had some money inside before, u mean??.
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by ZACHIE: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
tellwisdom:

11k..How?? sad....he had some money inside before, u mean??.
is

By his story, he had saved 21,000.
He had to remove 10,000 to take care of a situation.
He must be left with 11,000 in the account.
How come he now has 520?
The Alert met nada in his pool
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by tellwisdom: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
ZACHIE:
is

By his story, he had saved 21,000.
He had to remove 10,000 to take care of a situation.
He must be left with 11,000 in the account.
How come he now has 520?
The Alert met nada in his pool

He no go drink beer?? sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by ZACHIE: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
tellwisdom:

uy

My guy, na true o.
Star Larger na correct

1 Like

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by constance500: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
But when did banks started notifying people on BBM

Compare

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by In2systemsTech(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Don Jazzy = Boss
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by iamsegsy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
constance500:
But when did banks started notifying people on BBM
u be CIA?
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by repogirl(f): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
For me, I'd rather give him the PC instead of the money.....but even then, he can still sell the PC and keep the cash.... Did anyone hear the story some months back where Alibaba the comedian helped a photographer who was needed help by buying a camera for him? Only for the man to sell the camera for a ridiculous amount to someone else. Alibaba found out cos he had his name printed somewhere on the camera.

I don't blame anyone for looking the other way, cos more often than not, its a scam and not someone in need.
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
This doroboss sefcheesy

He always appears to be Tonto-Dike-ing anytime a good news pops up about the koko master.

A nice one in his part though.
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
That's very generous..doro is reali a cheerful giver

2 Likes

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Kunbee: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Vey nice of Jazzy
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by chrislong(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
U mean d bro has a bb10 phone but is looming for 10k But its none of my biz undecided
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Waspy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
chrislong:
U mean d bro has a bb10 phone but is looming for 10k But its none of my biz undecided
Jasi ...Non of my business either

1 Like

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
They don job don jonzin.......dull guy
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Tval(m): 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
Banks have now started sending alerts through BBM undecided undecided
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
first time I've seen a celebrity give like don jazzy cheesy he is really a nice man!
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by darlingnuel(m): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
Very articulate and thoughtful writeup by @Mayadiva (or something). This is worth moving to FP. He/her line of thought is quite reasonable. Now, Don Baba has always been a dude with a large heart. He's liberal and kind. That's y he keep getting bigger. Why? "A liberal soul shall be made fat". Even if the donor scammed him, God 'll still reward him (Don Baba). Big ups to the DoroBucci crooner!
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by LesbianBoy(m): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
tellwisdom:

Abi o! Even sef, shey him no go carry 'olosho'(prostitute)?? sad
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by manuelzz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
This crap reeks of set-up!! The guy uses a BB10 and he's lookin' for 10k? Secondly,when did banks start sendin' customers their account informations via BBM? Thirdly,like someone rightly said,why is that anytime there's a good news about D'banj,jazzy will start showin' himself like an insecure little gal? Abeg this thing na pure set up!!! OMinicrap!! Don jazzy should grow up abeg!! SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by lolade123: 10:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, my Team Horizon built a chandelier from scratch using waste materials hence we need your vote to qualify for the next stage of d competition. Kindly follow this link http://woobox.com/odgogp to vote.We need 60 votes before 12 midnight cry.Thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by fr3do(m): 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
Begy begy, a very bad habit
Don Jazzy try sha!
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by BarryX(m): 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
The way some people respond to issues baffles me! How does a message bar stating "FirstBank" become a BlackBerry message?
If the story is true, appreciate the large heart of Jazzy and let it be! Not fishing for faults like APC and PDP. Besides, does it mean that cos somebody is using BB10 or any smartphone (which are mostly london-used BTW) he can't suffer lack at some point!
Abi, you were all wishing the alert should have been yours?
Typical of Nigerians sha --- You can always send me such SOS message and I might tender some widows mite while at it.

2 Likes

Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by valmunich(m): 1:28am On Oct 12, 2014
You just gotta like this guy embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by GetUmad: 3:31am On Oct 12, 2014
manuelzz:
This crap reeks of set-up!! The guy uses a BB10 and he's lookin' for 10k? Secondly,when did banks start sendin' customers their account informations via BBM? Thirdly,like someone rightly said,why is that anytime there's a good news about D'banj,jazzy will start showin' himself like an insecure little gal? Abeg this thing na pure set up!!! OMinicrap!! Don jazzy should grow up abeg!! SMH
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by GetUmad: 3:36am On Oct 12, 2014
manuelzz:

Where did you all see this "alert on bbm" you all are talking about? Thats bb10 as you rightly said and that should be message displayed from bb hub.

What is it with Nigerians always wanting to beg about. For crying out loud there are several things (biz, odd and sharpsharpjobs) you could do to get that money aside begging online. You have money for bb10 device but not enough money to get the lapy. He only wanted the limelight and as well could have thought its a great avenue to selfishly enrich himself. Perhaps he thought the doroboss would give him 1m.
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by wisolf(m): 5:33am On Oct 12, 2014
So all of una no sleep on top dan jazzy matter
Re: Doroboss; Don Jazzy Responded To A Fan In-need (photos) by fruityjojo(f): 5:45am On Oct 12, 2014
Hmmmm so he has money 4 bb10 & his brother uses an Ipad undecided he couldn't do lebuke 4 1month 2 get d money instead of this shameless act of begi begi wen it's not even an emergency!

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEET: Jyoti Amge :the World's Shortest Woman / Meet Michelle Obama Stuns In Yellow As She Arrives In Japan / Another Bobrisky Comes Out Of His Closet, Calls Himself Jay Bugatti (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.