Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block (4664 Views)

Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Spain Buys €6.5bn Oil From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by xristian19: 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
Igho Sanomi To Buy $2.5bn Shell Oil Block
Nigeria’s youngest billionaire and oil trader, Igho Sanomi 39-year-old is set to acquire Royal Dutch Shell’s highly productive oil block, Oil Mining License 29 (OML 29) for $2.5 billion as the company continues divesting its assets in Nigeria.
Sanomi’s Taleveras Group, according to the Wall Street Journal will also be buying a pipeline associated with the OML 29 as part of the total sum.
The oil block won by Talevaras is the most coveted of all the oil assets, including OMLs 18, 24, 25 and 29, put up for auction by Shell. According to Shell figures quoted by the Africa Oil and Gas Report, the remaining reserves (P1+P2) in OML 29 is about 2.2 Billion barrels of oil equivalent (BOE). The hydrocarbon fields on the acreage could deliver as much as 160,000BOPD and 300MMscf/d at peak, with focused, aggressive work programme.
Shell has signed sales and purchase agreements for some of the oil mining leases it plans to sell, according to The Wall Street Journal, and once the deals are completed, a market announcement will be made.
Igho Sanomi, who founded Taleveras Group in 2004, may see his $1.6 billion net worth grow by leaps and bounds when the deal for the OML 29 is completed.
One of Africa’s youngest billionaires, Sanomi was recently listed atop Choiseul’s 100 African economic leaders under 40.
Apart from oil & gas, Sanomi has business interests in telecommunications, maritime, aviation and real estate.

Here's a look into his biography!

Igho Charles Sanomi II was born in 1975 in Agbor Delta State, Nigeria, the fifth child (and first son) of a devout Catholic family. His father, the late Dickens Oghenereumu Patrick Sanomi hailed from Delta State Nigeria and was a retired Assistant Inspector General of the Nigerian Police. Mr Sanomi’s mother, Mabel Iyabo Sanomi holds a Royal title of Yeye Jemo of Isotun Ijesha Kingdom in Osun State. She was a renowned nurse and medical entrepreneur from Osun State in South Western Nigeria.
Mr Sanomi entered the world of business shortly after completing his Bachelor’s Degree in Geology and Mining at the University of Jos in Northern Nigeria. He rose quickly to the position of Executive Director with Sarian Oil and Cosmos Oil AG, an international Oil Trading Company with its core activities in West Africa.  During his time in this role he single handedly developed the company’s trading operations by negotiating the export and delivery of fuel oils from West Africa to the United States Gulf Coast. He also developed a strategic alliance with a major international oil trading group based in Zug, Switzerland. This partnership oversaw the import and export of millions of tons of refined petroleum products to and from the West African coast.
Mr Sanomi is the CEO of the Taleveras Group he founded in 2004. Mr Sanomi is also Chairman of the Dickens Sanomi Foundation board of Trustees, Dickens Sanomi Foundation is a non profit charitable organisation which he founded in memory of his late father. He also sits as Chairman and Co- Chairman of various companies Board of Directors, which he founded or co-founded. These companies activities span from Telecom to Shipping, Aviation and Real Estate Investments worldwide.
His vision and drive has turned the Taleveras Group into a internationally recognized energy and power conglomerate, with offices in London, Geneva, Cape Town, Dubai, Ivory Coast, Abuja and Lagos. Visit the business page to read more about Mr Sanomi’s current business activities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by aljharem(m): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Yawns

Who is he a face for ?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by EventHUB(f): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
MY FUTURE HUSBAND cheesy embarassed kiss

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by XuteSleeks(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
He's been given a silent bonus with the deal...[/b]Oil Bunkering[b]
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
aljharem:
Yawns

Who is he a face for ?

Exactly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by kolaaderin: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
aljharem:
Yawns

Who is he a face for ?

surely another politician made billionaire.
Ur guess will be as good as mine. choose one option

a. Babangida

b. Johnathan

c. obasanjo

d. buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
kolaaderin:

a. Babangida

b. Johnathan

c. obasanjo

d. buhari.

Obsanjo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by philantoxx(m): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
a figure head
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by aljharem(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
kolaaderin:

a. Babangida

b. Johnathan

c. obasanjo

d. buhari.

In this case, I will pick obasanjo

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
aljharem:

In this case, I will pick obasanjo

True. This has OBJ written all over it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by tellwisdom: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
This is a bribe to a senior man for the upcoming election.

I can slap this guy and nothing will happen. angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
That nigga aint any sh1t a billionaire....

He is sitting on another man's throne - a goat mask on a lion's face.

I pray he get his share though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by slimfit1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
Waste of money.
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by peleson: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Watch out! I am the next big thing in this country and the world because I will be replacing this guy in this league! Sure thing. Focus is my thing. K

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by lolade123: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, my Team Horizon built a chandelier from scratch using waste materials hence we need your vote to qualify for the next stage of d competition. Kindly follow this link http://woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4917708 to vote. Thank u and God bless

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by kropelgrada(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
kolaaderin:

a. Babangida
b. Johnathan
c. obasanjo
d. buhari.
I'm thinking Jonathan..considering the fact that he is from the south-south.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by benega: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kk
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by stevecantrell: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
kropelgrada:

His mum is 'Ijesha' from Osun and heavily titled.
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by xristian19: 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
kropelgrada:

do u really think so? I just feel he is a self made billionaire!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1883614/abiye-sekibo-killed-harry-marshall/1#25961044

Of course he's fronting for someone.Read my comment in d above thread posted b4 he bought it.
aljharem:
Yawns

Who is he a face for ?
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Horus(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Source?
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1883614/abiye-sekibo-killed-harry-marshall/1#25961044

Of course he's fronting for someone.Read my comment in d above thread posted even b4 it bcame "public" knowledge.
aljharem:
Yawns

Who is he a face for ?
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by sekzy99(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dis a news to emulate
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Lordlexyy: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
My dream, my reality. Inspiring.
Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ok! Is that the Igho Sanomi Don Jazzy mentioned in Dorobucci Highlife version. Cool dude, 39years! Lemme check how many years I have to catch up with his achievement at 39 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by peleson: 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
click2cbn:
Ok! Is that the Igho Sanomi Don Jazzy mentioned in Dorobucci Highlife version. Cool dude, 39years! Lemme check how many years I have to catch up with his achievement at 39 grin
Guy u dnt need to check n compare his age with urs. All u need is d right position n good head on ur shoulder and watch urself skyrocket. U can beat his achievement in 3yrs if u v all that n cap it all with God's blessing on urside

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block by ezeodiachi(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
I'll be damned if 2.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent in reserves is to be sold for 2.5 billion usd. Slightly more than 1usd/bb. It's either
1. the report is wrong
2. Shell is lying about the figures
3. The buyer doesn't know what he is buying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones / NIGERIAN ENGINEERS: A Lawyer Heading Power Sector, Works & Housing / See The Things A Nigerian Man Saw At Asian Shop In Germany(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.