Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? (1874 Views)

Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / GTBank Job Or Masters Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by bjbonafide(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hi all, I just got a job after a long while of serching, meanwhile I already applied for a Canadian visa and waiting for approval from the embassy. I will get married in December to my fiancée of 5yrs who also just moved to Canada, My parent insist I take the low paying federal Government job in Abuja, but my fiancée adviced I move to Canada with her once my visa is approved. House, I am really confused, but deep down withing my spirit I wish to leave Nigeria for Canada. Pls I need your advice,Thanks.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
u have to be patroitic. build yo nation man
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by olexjay(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
You may try to make research on how much dey gonna pay u and if its a very good salary u can take it since you haven't bought a ticket but if the pays is kinda small my broda then I'm gonna advice u to go to canada, I think canada is a very good place with optimum population, with prayer and hard-working over their everything gonna work perfectly fine..... I wish u all the best!
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by pickabeau1: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Your qualifications?

Age range?

What does your wife do?

Which city do u guys want to settle in
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
^yo talking rubbish.. are you the embassy staff or immigration officer, give the advice already!

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
^^^dude..... Do u feel better with d crap u posted...

If u do.....the more pity for u

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by bjbonafide(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
pickabeau1:
Your qualifications?

Age range?

What does your wife do?

Which city?

MSc. Oil & Gas management with specialization in Health & Safety (UK)
25-29
Customer service advisor in Saskatchewan Canada
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by bjbonafide(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
olexjay:
You may try to make research on how much dey gonna pay u and if its a very good salary u can take it since you haven't bought a ticket but if the pays is kinda small my broda then I'm gonna advice u to go to canada, I think canada is a very good place with optimum population, with prayer and hard-working over their everything gonna work perfectly fine..... I wish u all the best!

They'll pay about 55k/ month
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
bjbonafide:

25-29

You have a superb profile n right age n should succeed all things being equal

You need to be of a strong heart n also recognise it may take time before u get a job while preparing your certifications to get into industry

If your wife is the type that will push her frustration on u because u dont have a job yet or its taking a bit of time...then hold on...n go when u have an offer

Companies can interview you via Skype

Also update your LinkedIn profile.

The wife is d key...some oppress their hubbies abroad

This makes sense if u r married

If not...marry first hold d job then move later

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by olexjay(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
bjbonafide:

They'll pay about 55k/ month
ok bro, well its a matter of reasoning I think u just sit down, meditate on both the job and the traveling and mostly since ur fiancee is already in canada u can try to find out some research from her like: telling her ur qualification and ask how quick people with that qualifications get job, how much thet receive then I think dat will be helpful for ur choosing
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Gboliwe: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Let's analyse this, You are single ( until december according to your present plan) , you don't have a visa (yet) and you don't know when you will have it for certain, you have a job for you to accept now, so, what's the big deal? Pick your appointment letter and keep moving. Even nature abhors vacuum. If the visa comes before the wedding, you resign and continue with your plans. If the visa doesn't come till 2020, you have a job to keep you together.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Gboliwe: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
bjbonafide:
Hi all, I just got a job after a long while of serching, meanwhile I already applied for a Canadian visa and waiting for approval from the embassy. I will get married in December to my fiancée of 5yrs who also just moved to Canada, My parent insist I take the low paying federal Government job in Abuja, but my fiancée adviced I move to Canada with her once my visa is approved. House, I am really confused, but deep down withing my spirit I wish to leave Nigeria for Canada. Pls I need your advice,Thanks.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by bjbonafide(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
Gboliwe:
Let's analyse this, You are single ( until december according to your present plan) , you don't have a visa (yet) and you don't know when you will have it for certain, you have a job for you to accept now, so, what's the big deal? Pick your appointment letter and keep moving. Even nature abhors vacuum. If the visa comes before the wedding, you resign and continue with your plans. If the visa doesn't come till 2020, you have a job to keep you together.
Goodluck

Thanks mate.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Joy83(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
What a dilemma!!!
I read about your wedding planning which is coming up in December, congratulation in advance.
But mind you, you don't have a job and your propose wife is working outside the country. Please who is gonna sponsor the wedding? Your wife or parent
Please you are a man, so don't plan wedding without having a job at hand at least get some money yourself even if there is enough support.
Moreover, your going to Canada is not that a job is waiting for you there, whereas you are trying to say NO to a federal govt job here.

Therefore, my candid advice is this: take up the federal govt job here, while your intending wife is helping you to getting a Job over there(thank God you have a good qualification), then after your december wedding, job must have been reading for you in canada, so you will just move to canada after the wedding. It is govt job you have here which you can resign any time. This will even help in proper planning of your wedding with your relative, unlike when you move there and later come back before december wedding.

Advice continues... Lemme pause here!
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by SirHouloo(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
If not because of anything, I think you should travel because of your wife.
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Kk4(m): 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Like they say in my place- one bird for hand is better than hundreds for forest.
I think you should pick up your appointment letter, start earning asap cos marriage cost a fortune nowadays..
As soon as the visa comes out, go be with ur girl, with your qualifications you can get a good job in canada. Good luck
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2014
Seems to me you've made your decision
Re: Should I Take The Job Or Leave For Canada? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2014
bjbonafide:

25-29
UK dey get course sha. O&G join health and safety grin
It is well.

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics & Further Mathematics Teachers Needed In Ibadan / We're Here To Make You Happy! We're Here To Turn Your Sorrow To Happiness / AB Microfinance Bank Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.