Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

Please No More Scams! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please No More Scams! (797 Views)

Will Ferguson Wins Canada’s Highest Literary Prize For Novel On Nigerian Scams. / Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested / Saharareport Alleges Reveal Scams By Umaru Yar’adua Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please No More Scams! by lalaboi(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2008
normal day trying to rep my country with a green cap and green white green hand band. travelling to college on the unerground, picked up the free newspaper to read guess what made the front page. i couldnt hide my greenssss(if u knw what i mean) lol

i felt ashamed that nigerians now dont know any means of making money except by scamming innocent hard working people of other countries.
if there is more than one way to solve a simple 2+2, I bet theres more than one way to make money in naija without scamming.

And when u confront them, all they tell u is they are collecting what is rightfully theirs. erm, what exactly is theirs? they dnt even know half of what people go through to get their money.

it cant be all that bad in naija, hard work always pays. am just appealing to nigerian scammers to please find something else to do. it might good for you but its not good for our country. today, i couldnt imagine how many people read that newspaper, cos firstly its free, and millions of copies are put out everyday for people to read. worst of it all it made the front page in big letters. and how much did the scammers want? £220 pounds(owo esha).

i dont think the efcc or whoever is in charge is doing enough! its time we wipe out these guys before they tarnish the image of our country. everywhere you go now and u call yourselve a nigerian, the first thing they say about you is that you are scammer.

its just really embarassing and enough is enough.

Re: Please No More Scams! by lalaboi(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2008
Fraud moves onto social networking sites in the hopes of fooling users into sending cash.

By Nicole Kobie, 11 Nov 2008 at 09:29

The classic Nigerian email scam has upgraded to Web 2.0 – and is making the rounds on Facebook.

According to media reports, Australian Google employee Karina Wells received a message on the social networking site, which appeared to be one of her friends. Claiming to be stranded in Nigeria, the fake friend asked for money for a ticket home.

Wells apparently realised the message was fake because the scammer used “cell phone” instead of “mobile phone.” She reported the message – and the fraudster’s wire transfer details – to Facebook.

In a blog post, Graham Cluley of security firm Sophos said this “is just the latest skirmish in an ongoing battle taking place between cybercriminals and Facebook users. We’re seeing more incidents of unwanted adverts and malicious links being spammed to Facebook users from their friends’ compromised accounts.”

He added that scammers like using social networking sites because the fraudulent messages are more likely to get past junk mail filters and land in accounts, as they come from valid IP addresses and feature valid header information.

A spokesman from Facebook told IT PRO: "Only a small percentage of Facebook users have been affected by recent attacks. We are updating our security systems to minimize further impact, including resetting passwords on infected accounts and clearing out malicious content."

He added that more details on keeping safe on Facebook were available at the site's security page.

source: http://www.itpro.co.uk/608115/nigerian-scammers-ditch-email-for-facebook
Re: Please No More Scams! by shotster50(m): 3:14am On Nov 13, 2008
The Nigerian Stans wont comment on this one.
Re: Please No More Scams! by deor03(m): 3:25am On Nov 13, 2008
It so so sad. I guess these guys do NOT care about the havoc they are causing.
Re: Please No More Scams! by Morenike3(f): 4:23am On Nov 13, 2008
You can beg until now till tomor, dem still go scam tongue
Re: Please No More Scams! by lalaboi(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2008
i knw some of our fellow nairalanders are scammers! am just hoping a few bit of them realise what they do isnt right! i knw everyone cant change, bt its no crime for trying to influence some of them
Re: Please No More Scams! by blackspade(m): 1:03am On Nov 15, 2008
First we have to remove the many scammers that frequent this forum, then we can talk.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu! Ribadu! Ribadu! - Court Refuses Ribadu's Request To Stop Arrest / Chinese Sailors Fend Off Pirates In Gulf Of Aden / 7 Point Agenda; Followers Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.