Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested (2704 Views)

The Final Year Uniben Student Who Knelt Down In Class(the Real Truth). / Osun hands over Erin-Ijesha falls to investors, To Spend N3.4billion ($17m) / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by dejiswaggs(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2012
Twenty-three year Oyeniyi, a 300-level Mass Communication student of Lead City University, Ibadan, was arrested for allegedly defrauding some foreigners of millions of dollars. The suspect, who confirmed his involvement in Internet fraud, told the police that he got into the business two years ago. He also accepted to have swindled two women of huge sums of money. He said, “I am involved in yahoo business (Internet fraud). I had duped some women living in the United States of various sums of money. “I was arrested by the police as a suspected armed robber but I told them that my mother owned the car (Range Rover Sport) that they saw me with. “My mum is a doctor and my dad a retiree. “I got into the internet fraud business one year ago. The first deal fetched me $17m while the second fetched me $25,000.”
Source;
http://www.punchng.com/news/varsity-student-others-arrested-for-internet-scam-robbery/
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2012
$17m Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd he couldn't protect himself. Good †☺ know there are still some filthy rich crooks that are not sacred cows.
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by dejiswaggs(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2012
blink182: $17m Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd he couldn't protect himself. Good †☺ know there are still some filthy rich crooks that are not sacred cows.
I wonder oh!
Those ''Educated'' Yahoo Boys Are using there brian to do the crime and Hammer Like hell! This is bad really bad!
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by sconsults: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2012
Na big lie.make them flog am im go talk true.17 million $ ko.how them take wire am? Who im collect am from? Bill gates?just 1 hit make am rich pass van passe.liar liar liar

1 Like

Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by mike404(m): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
sconsults: Na big lie.make them flog am im go talk true.17 million $ ko.how them take wire am? Who im collect am from? Bill gates?just 1 hit make am rich pass van passe.liar liar liar
Omo na science subject the guy do joor (Y! plus)
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by doctokwus: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
I wonder if some pple reason @all;do u know what $17m converts to? That is N2.5b,and somebody blives dat kind of deal was possible via a yahoo scam& d guy was still caught by N45k/mth nigerian police pple?Some pple can bliv anytin in nigeria,anyway its not a surprise,dis is a land where evn graduates blivd picking a call endin wt certain nos. Cud kill somebody

4 Likes

Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by killuminati(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Cheiiii! Omo see rabba shocked

Make dem just give me 50milla e don do me I go manage am cheesy
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by tchaik(m): 2:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
doctokwus: I wonder if some pple reason @all;do u know what $17m converts to? That is N2.5b,and somebody blives dat kind of deal was possible via a yahoo scam& d guy was still caught by N45k/mth nigerian police pple?Some pple can bliv anytin in nigeria,anyway its not a surprise,dis is a land where evn graduates blivd picking a call endin wt certain nos. Cud kill somebody

Bless you doc.

THREAD CLOSED
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by SlyIg(f): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
That one is Y! plus o.
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by Rooneyboy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Oh boi, naija jazz @ work.
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by RickyRoss1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
doctokwus: I wonder if some pple reason @all;do u know what $17m converts to? That is N2.5b,and somebody blives dat kind of deal was possible via a yahoo scam& d guy was still caught by N45k/mth nigerian police pple?Some pple can bliv anytin in nigeria,anyway its not a surprise,dis is a land where evn graduates blivd picking a call endin wt certain nos. Cud kill somebody

So in essence you are doubting the possibility of a scammer making 17 million USD from a single victim? Are you aware that Nwude and co made over 350 Million USD from a Brazilian mugu? And that was ages ago when they send scam letters by post office. What about now that a scammer have new technologies and software's to send millions of emails in one day?

Before I returned from Ghana, there was this news about a 19 years old Ghana scammer who just made 5 million Euros from a Holland mugu. The scam became public knowledge when the financial authorities in Ghana blocked the fund in Ghana and invited the sender to come personally to Ghana. The lady got to Ghana and was insulting all the police officers, telling them the small boy is her husband and the money is for factory project and if anyone harass her husband in Ghana she would sue them to court.

I dont blame scammers alone, I blame their victims for being too dumb and too greedy. Only a greedy fool will fall victim.
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by onatisi(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

So in essence you are doubting the possibility of a scammer making 17 million USD from a single victim? Are you aware that Nwude and co made over 350 Million USD from a Brazilian mugu? And that was ages ago when they send scam letters by post office. What about now that a scammer have new technologies and software's to send millions of emails in one day?

Before I returned from Ghana, there was this news about a 19 years old Ghana scammer who just made 5 million Euros from a Holland mugu. The scam became public knowledge when the financial authorities in Ghana blocked the fund in Ghana and invited the sender to come personally to Ghana. The lady got to Ghana and was insulting all the police officers, telling them the small boy is her husband and the money is for factory project and if anyone harass her husband in Ghana she would sue them to court.

I dont blame scammers alone, I blame their victims for being too dumb and too greedy. Only a greedy fool will fall victim.
my brother but still 17mill dollars is too much , i dont believe these press ppl, that is about 2billion naira , haba i beg make we know chew that kind story

1 Like

Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by faithin9ja: 1:20am On Oct 07, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

My friend even you said it; in Ghana some greedy victim was about to pay $5m and the banks between Ghana and the victims country went crazy.

The $300m fraud took place over a long period of time and involved the fraudsters and victims having a series of meetings all over the world.

You say one small pickin for internet cafe suddenly collected 2billion naira into which bank account? His student account? You go and receive 250million naira and see how easy it is
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by Ngodigha: 1:22am On Oct 07, 2012
Clap for Oyeniyi the Igbo boy.
Re: Varsity Student who Made $17M From Yahoo Scams, Others Arrested by RickyRoss1(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2012
Ngodigha: Clap for Oyeniyi the Igbo boy.

Yeah its amazing how everyone goes neutral when the scammer is from Yorubah, if to say na Igbo guy we for don hit 8 pages long time, and our brothers will be calling us all sorts of names as if there is a crime they dont commit in Yorobahland. Nigerians, we are our own enemies...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fashola's Bulldozers Kill Woman, 6month Old Foetus / Ekiti 2014: Perm Sec Caught Performing Rituals At Idanre Shrine / Amechi, Your Wife Was "Stoned" At Mile 3 Market, Did It Stop You From Stealing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.