Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (30319 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian? / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by iceberylin(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law".. Galatians 5:22-23... A christian should be able to possess all these qualities, and they are so transparent enough for the world to see...

A Christian is one who believes in Christ, and acts like Christ...
ßÚŤ ŚŐMĔŐŃĔ ČŐÚĹĎ ŦÁĶĔ ŤĤŐŚĔ ČĤÁŔÁČŤĔŔs ,ŤĤÁŃĶŚ ŤĤŐ
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by piagetskinner(m): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
There's nothing like true born again christian...ure either born again or not#nd jesus used that terminology when he taught Nicodemus (a pharisee) what it meant to be born again..although people can hide under the pretext of being born again when it is glaring(to them) that thev backslided...a born again christian is one who doesn't give in to the demands of the flesh,
he is infuriated by
EVery act of ungodliness/immorality around him
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Vikky014(f): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Amadaz:
They usually wear oversized clothing.
Tell me u r joking!!!!!so muslims dat wear oversized cloth &cover their face are also born againchristains then!.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:
Who is a born again?

A person who's decided to leave the things of the world and surrender his life to Christ

Yes we have so many born-agains but the truth is...

Being a bornagain will not automatically undo our human characteristics

We'll all strive for that perfectness portrayed by Jesus in the Bible but will always find sin staring at us...

In summary... no one is a born again

We are all humans!

#ReligiousMecheesy
are u a christian?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:

ßÚŤ ŚŐMĔŐŃĔ ČŐÚĹĎ ŦÁĶĔ ŤĤŐŚĔ ČĤÁŔÁČŤĔŔs ,ŤĤÁŃĶŚ ŤĤŐ
Nah... Not possible... Things that are not true don't last, no matter how much you fake them... You are welcome cool.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sunbellar: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
bustyhelen:
What he said could b very true. some so called born again sistas afta suking diks, would frm there go and use dat same mouth 2 sing in choir or lead in praises, same goes 2 some self proclaimed brodas, who afta sex or licking a pucii would use same mouth 2 lead in praises & solo and would b speaking in tongues
Busty, you seem to be talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by iceberylin(m): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Nah... Not possible... Things that are not true don't last, no matter how much you fake them... You are welcome cool.
ŤĤÁŤŚ ŤŔÚĔ
ŚŐ ŶŐÚŔ ŐŃĔ ŐŦ ŤĤĔ ßoŔŃ ÁĞÁĨŃ cheesy
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by iceberylin(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
ŤĤÁŤŚ ŤŔÚĔ
ŚŐ ŶŐÚŔ ŐŃĔ ŐŦ ŤĤĔ ßPŔŃ ÁĞÁĨŃ cheesy
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Lywiled: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Imagine,my Ex,after several rounds of sex at home,got to church to lead the praise,and worship songs,funniest things,she was crying while singing.
b]
Yomieluv:
Anybody that uses God's name to swear by trying to prove him/herself to me,I run.

Born again has ceased to exist since first testament,what we have now are just church goers.

Imagine,my Ex,after several rounds of sex at home,got to church to lead the praise,and worship songs,funniest things,she was crying while singing.

I was like WTF,no be Theresa be this again?

To me,born again do not exist.

A Born-again is not a sinner even though he/she may be tempted to sin.

Jesus was tempted by the devil on 3 occassions.

The fact dat ur Ex had sex with u, & was crying while leading worship shows that her conscience is not dead. Dat's a Born-again Christian.

Crying signifies remorse. A broken & a contrite heart, God will not despise.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
a truly born again will hate Sin with a passion.he will grieve anytime evil is being practiced around him-Pastor E A Adeboye
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by judedwriter(m): 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
Born again means u r reborn spiritually. Man is more of a spirit than flesh-d flesh takes u to hell, but d spirit to heaven grin. God's word is spiritual food to d spirit man of a born-again not born against grin a true born again loves God's word more seriously than physical food smiley
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:

ŤĤÁŤŚ ŤŔÚĔ
ŚŐ ŶŐÚŔ ŐŃĔ ŐŦ ŤĤĔ ßPŔŃ ÁĞÁĨŃ cheesy
Don't I look like 1?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by iceberylin(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Don't I look like 1?
ŤĤŐ ŶŐÚ ĹŐŐĶ ĹĨĶĔ Á ĎÁMŚĔĹ ßÚŤ ŶŐÚ write ĹĨĶĔ ŐŃĔ wink

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by ayobase(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
lalasticlala:

Yes o, from one month he promised me. to 2 years. it was after 2 years that I decided to b buying things and they will deduct. u know DAT kind thing , d money no go de useful to u na. D children are doing very well. One of d daughters is married to an oil company worker, d other son is in Lag and they send them money. Yet to pay wahala. some people just like to owe.

I now grab......u know more money more problems......at least they tried compared to some that would just throway face.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by bigiyaro(m): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
How do you identify a mango tree? Is it not through the mango fruit.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
judedwriter:
Born again means u r reborn spiritually. Man is more of a spirit than flesh-d flesh takes u to hell, but d spirit to heaven grin. God's word is spiritual food to d spirit man of a born-again not born against grin a true born again loves God's word more seriously than physical food smiley
And again the reason why you see christians commiting sins they are not supposed to commit is because they WERE NOT CONVICTED of their sins.they did not weep for their sins.IT was the pastor who Begged them to accept JESUS.They DID NOT BEG JESUS TO ACCEPT THEM.There was no weeping.how many times in church have u ever seen someone cry out"Jesus please have mercy on me"when pastor gives the altar call.they do it very formally.no sorrow for sin.know this UNTIL SIN IS BITTER,CHRIST WILL NEVER BE SWEET.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by herald9: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dux01:
are u a christian?
What do you think?

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by BAYKEM(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
Having glanced through all the comments, I feel indebted to add my view.
To start with, the term born again has its origin in the book of John 3vs1-5. It signifies a new birth; one which is totally different, greater and life-giving than the initial birth. It is the very basis and foundation of Christianity. It gives a man membership to God's vineyard and kingdom. A born again Christian is one who has confessed Jesus as His/Her Lord and savior (Romans 10 vs 9-11). One who has totally surrendered to the will of his saviour and new master; Jesus Christ. One who no longer fulfils the desires of the flesh (Romans 8 vs cool.
NOTE
1. A person may have being born again and yet struggle with sin if he/she lacks proper nourishment, knowledge and the grace to carry on. And as a result, backslide amd return to his/her vomit.
2. Many are so vibrant, religious and hard working today but are yet to be born again.
3. There is difference between a born again christian, a growing christian (after being born) and a matured christian. A Christian may be born again and not grow and as a result, he/she may die. A christian may be born again and be growing but not yet matured. And lastly a Christian may have undergone the three steps.
4. A person must always remember that after birth, he or she is a new creature which must grow each day to avoid stagnancy and extinct. Let me ask you my reader, if u are truly born again, are you growing, stagnant or dead?

NOW TO THEIR IDENTIFICATION
1. Be not deceived, their outer appearance, willingness, zealousness and eagerness to do God's work and position in the church has nothing to do with being born again. It is very difficult to discern them. First and foremost, you will need a spirit of discernment in order to discern the actual spirit that operates through them. Peter used that in Acts 5. A person who lacks the spirit of discernment would be easily deceived by the amount Anania and Saffira brought to the house of God. They will think they have great passion to serve God and therefore they are truly born again. But alas they are not. Your close observation may not work here, but spirit of discernment would work. Paul also used the spirit of discernment in Act 16vs16-18

2. They will focus on heavenly things and not wordly things. They will always want to be fruitful in order to expand God's kingdom and hence a great reward in heaven. They will no longer live the formal life of their old self. They will become new in their actions, speeches, behaviour, relationship, and so on.

3. They will portray Christ-like characters. The things you would see in them would reveal Christ. They will be small-Christs.

Lastly, judge not anyone. Underrate no one. And do not pit ur trust in any man. Man may fail you (even the true born agains), that doesn't mean they are not born again. Men fail only God do not. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and u will be able to discern who the true Christians are. The Mr and Miss "Small Christ" to you may be the Mr and Miss "Ahab and Jezebel" to others who knows them better and closer than u do.

Love your neighbour, Keep up your faith in Christ, be mot weary by the situations of things in christiandom nowadays. And always remember there still exist true born again christians (Romans 11 vs 4).

Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by herald9: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Don't I look like 1?
wink
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
well i don't think you know Totally what "the things of this world" mean because if you knew you would also know that very,very,few christians have given up the things of this world and so not many christians are born again by what you said.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by laiza(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Question for the gods. My take; you can't. Just be one instead.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Amadaz(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
Vikky014:
Tell me u r joking!!!!!so muslims dat wear oversized cloth &cover their face are also born againchristains then!.
hehe, jus kidding you. Only God can open ones eyes to see them.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
do you also know the reason why people get born again formally and by signing a card and not in their heart is because the convicting power of the Holy Spirit is not there.And a lot of people's heart are hardened.and ONLY God can soften a hardened heart.when there is a sin that you can't give up it means that the sin might have bewitched and hardened the heart.And sadly very few pastors carry enough of the power of the Holy Spirit when they preach the gospel to unbelievers.read the way the apostles preached.their hearers heart were pricked.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:

wink
cheesy cheesy..

Funny you.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Ayatullah(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
NEVER, EVER!
You will NEVER find a 'Born Again' Christian because Jesus was not a Christian.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:

ŤĤŐ ŶŐÚ ĹŐŐĶ ĹĨĶĔ Á ĎÁMŚĔĹ ßÚŤ ŶŐÚ write ĹĨĶĔ ŐŃĔ wink
cheesy cheesy A born-again damsel, then.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
God said that his word is like a fire and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces.if it does not have this effect in hearers is there not something wrong?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by zizytd(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
The only problem dat I have with some pple dat claim dis born again,they so wicked sometimes and can't help u, they believe once they r not committing d sin of fornication they r good Christians no matter what else dae do.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by herald9: 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
cheesy cheesy..

Funny you.
I've got a question for youcheesycheesy
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by herald9: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ayatullah:
NEVER, EVER!
You will NEVER find a 'Born Again' Christian because Jesus was not a Christian.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
herald9:

I've got a question for youcheesycheesy
Shoot!
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Diogo1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Yomieluv:
Anybody that uses God's name to swear by trying to prove him/herself to me,I run.

Born again has ceased to exist since first testament,what we have now are just church goers.

I was like WTF,no be Theresa be this again?

To me,born again do not exist.

Have you considered the fact that she was crying because she was sorry for committing sin.

Judge not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) / Apostle Suleman Gives His Church Member N500k & Brand New Nissan Jeep(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.