Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 (1382 Views)

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? / Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by paulabola(m): 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
This heartwarming rags-to-riches story is guaranteed to restore your faith in humanity. A Chinese businessman who was once helped off the streets by a passerby, is now repaying the kindness by offering his benefactor a whopping one million yuan (over $160,000).

This story began in 1993, when 17-year-old He Rongfeng was forced to beg on the streets of Taizhou city in Chinas Zhejiang province, to support his poor family. Two friends and I had gone to Taizhou looking for work, but we were unsuccessful and ended up roaming the streets, penniless, starving, and without even shoes, Rongfeng recalled. We were in the pits and couldnt see a way out, and then this young woman turned up.

The woman was Dai Xingfen, who ran a local noodle shop with her husband. She took Rongfeng and his friends back to her modest one-room apartment and offered them food and a place to sleep. She gave them hot water to soothe their blistered feet, and then called a few acquaintances to find work for the boys in another city. Before they parted, she even gave them money for the train fare.

But the best thing she gave them was a bit of good advice: She said its okay not to have a lot of money, but always strive to be a good person, Rongfeng, now 38, recalls. And I have never forgotten that. Over the years, Rongfeng worked hard in the furniture business and became a successful entrepreneur in Shenyang city, Chinas Liaoning province. He is now the chairman of the Shenyang Jiu Jiu Li Feng Group.

But he never forgot about the woman who gave him his first break, and when he was wealthy enough, he decided to track her down. It wasnt hard for him to find Dais noodle house again he went to see her and offered her a large sum of money as a token of his gratitude. If it hadnt been for Dais kindness that day, 21 years ago, I wouldnt be where I am today, he said.

The meeting was a touching one, with both Dai and Rongfeng in tears. Rongfeng tried to offer her money, and even forced her to keep a few medicines and tonics. Modest Dai, however, refused his offer of riches. I couldnt possibly take his money as I didnt help him for that, said 45-year-old Dai. He has made me very contented and surprised by remembering me. But I cannot take the money. That was not the point.

So instead, Rongfeng gifted Dai a large plaque that reads: Gratitude as Heavy as a Mountain. Dai was quite happy with the plaque and called it a beautiful gesture.

1 Like

Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
what goes around most definitely comes around
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by cbrass(m): 11:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmm...thinking of those abokiis I do see at iyana-ipaja on my way to work...but can dey ever appreciate help sef
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by cbrass(m): 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obinoscopy you are the only Mod with brains here, kindly move this to FP, this is good for the public.

Would have called farano...but...cheesy
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Karleb(m): 12:01am On Oct 12, 2014
cbrass:
Obinoscopy you are the only Mod with brains here, kindly move this to FP, this is good for the public.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by ggrin(f): 12:06am On Oct 12, 2014
cbrass:

busy straffing I guesslipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2014
ggrin:
you probably guessed right cheesy
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by ggrin(f): 12:09am On Oct 12, 2014
Baddestguyp:
you probably guessed right cheesy
shockedshockedshocked
Ion fit do "ngbaati ngbaati o" cheesygrin
*runs outta thread*lipsrsealedlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2014
Inspiring
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by cbrass(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2014
ggrin:

You again, you have come again abi.......by the way what's the meanung of staffing
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by CBNIM: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2014
touching. It pays to be good sha!
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by tpiah2: 8:28am On Oct 12, 2014
Moral of the story: ma ro enyan pin aka never say never aka the story of the good samaritan

Ojo lon roju saanu

Its good the lady did not accept the money though. The bible says its more blessed to give than to receive. She didn't do it for financial reward and the fact that he remembered her was enough compensation in itself, I agree.
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by ggrin(f): 8:40am On Oct 12, 2014
cbrass:

You again, you have come again abi.......by the way what's the meanung of staffing
cbrass my boo bookiss
Straffing means:grinlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by tpiah2: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2014
There's a general chatroom though, let's use it.
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2014
***emotional tears falling freely from his eyes***
What a touching story
Life is simple if you take it simple and vice versa
And the woman didn't even collect the money from the guy.
There is hope as long as you're alive
***continues crying***
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by cbrass(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
ggrin:
cbrass my boo bookiss
Straffing means:grinlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

Fear dey catch you to talk am ni cheesy

Anyway happy sunday, please I just receive a new anointing . Don't take it away from me oo
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by ggrin(f): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
cbrass:

Fear dey catch you to talk am ni cheesy

Anyway happy sunday, please I just receive a new anointing . Don't take it away from me oo
same to youkiss
Re: Beggar Turned Millionaire Offers Passer-by Who Once Showed Him Kindness $160,000 by Canme4u(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
I love this post.

(1) (Reply)

Kickass Torrent Reverts Back To Kicksss.to / NYSC: Life After Camp / Federal Polytechnic Oko REGULAR 2 FORM 2015/2016 ONSALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.