Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Port Harcourt On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt On Fire (2263 Views)

Fire Alert: A Section Of Darthery Suites Port-harcourt, On Fire / Watch Live GEJ Crusade In Port Harcourt On Ait / PDP Office In Port Harcourt On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt On Fire by kodewrita(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2005
We have all heard about the fighting in Port Harcourt. Imagine you are riding home from work and suddenly an angry-faced dirty-looking character walks up to you and deals you 6 hard blows with a sharp machete. thats what happened to the editor of this link.

http://improvenigeria..com/2005/09/dancing-with-lucillept1.html

I'll like to hear what people think about it.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by Seun(m): 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2005
If you have any information on the unrest in the Niger Delta area following Asari Dokubo's Arrest, please keep us updated. Especially if you live in Port Harcourt, Warri, or the surrounding areas.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by Farriel(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2005
I feel deeply sorry for the author of that post, I even dropped a comment expressing my sympathy.

I currently reside in Port Harcourt and can attest to the unrest. Aside some shootings at Garrison Junction, along PH/Aba Expressway, and some other bombings elsewhere, things have been relatively calm, except rumours fueling the escalating tension.

There are armed security officers at strategic locations of the city and to some degree, they have succeeded in maintaining peace and order, in an otherwise extremely volatile town, where one in ten teenage boys is armed, with either a machete as kodewrita pointed out, or a gun.

We all hope and pray the Asari of an individual is shot and killed like the criminal he is, at least so his followers who conjure in their minds, his invicibility and immortality (as absurd as it sounds), can take up more civil duties and put and end to this whole 'wahala.'
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by otokx(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2005
I reside in the federal university of port harcourt situated at choba which is on the outskirts of Port Harcout. Actually when coming from Yenagoa, Ughelli and Warri; Choba is the first part of Port Harcourt you will encounter. Last wednesday was indeed a day of grave mayhem as the asari boys took over the University Junction located on the east west road at about 3pm and unleashed destruction on any federal vehicle or private transporter in site. It took over 3 hours for men of the nigerian army situated in bori camp about 30 minutes drive away to reach the hot spot by which time the guys had left.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by Farriel(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2005
Yeah, I heard about that. It's pathetic that the military could only stand and watch during that incident. Another exhibition of the government's failure in containing this crisis.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by Chxta(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2005
The case of the Niger Delta is pathetic.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by Scorpio(f): 1:04am On Sep 27, 2005
This thing is really getting out of hand and i hope Uncle Sege does something about it very soon. I talk to friends that live in Port-Harcourt and i really get scared for them.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by JBoy9(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2006
The people of the niger-delta region are just unfortunate and aggreived set of people.We can not really blaim the recent development in this region.How can you be a farmer and yet be deprived of your harvests? O.k I know, i know they 're greedy.But the the "Cocoa Boom" in the late 60's and early 70's,how many other states of the nation were developed with the foreign income thereof?The Cocoa House was built in Ibadan!

I'm not from the N/Delta.i'm a Yoruba man and i know that the Yorubas or even the Hausas cant take this.Now the Government is mad becuase of the rampage of the militants,they arrested the co-ordinating leader,Asari Dokubo,giving room to splinter cells.We only heard of NDVF,Niger Delta Volunteer Forces,there was never a MEND,nothing nede to be mended then.

The government should stop wasting thier time by placing Anti-Bomb Squad in the city of Port Harcourt,those boys have gone beyond that.They(Govt) should come into terms with the people of Niger Delta.
Re: Port Harcourt On Fire by tumfulu1: 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
Godforbid!

(1) (Reply)

A Country We Call Nigeria / Genocide: More Knocks For Awolowo By Respected Yoruba Elder Statesman. Must Read / Christianity On The Verge Of Extinction In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.